Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dombookpro

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
I'm counting the days like a child before Christmas... I too am worried about getting Negative Black issues - But I'm planning to check appleservedup.com on the display models to see what the score is with the latest batch. Fingers crossed I get a working display.

d

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
That's my plan too: hopefully get over to the Apple store on the 9th, check out the display models, buy if the screens look OK.

fnord08

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2007
London
I will

Yeah I'll be getting one - though I really can't afford it at the moment.

I'm justifying the costs be saying I need to carry a synced iCal and Notes etc around with me ;)

I'll get it direct from apple.

danielforman

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
I'll be getting one on nov. 9. Plan to get up to the local o2 shop about 4:30-5:00pm. hoping there will not be that much of a queue.

I think this year Christmas day will come early for me :D:D

only about 19 days to go. Going to get my PAC code requested this next week so I can change my number over. Might also start seeing some ads for it on TV by the end of this week.

Roll on nov 9

ne0star

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
You have my most sincere sympathies :) I had a version of that (iMate Jam) - ok(ish) PDA but horrible phone - needed to pull out the stylus to do pretty much anything.

Hehe yep, trying to send a txt when sat in a moving car or walking down the street is pretty much impossible, and I forgot how fun it was when it would randomly refuse to connect calls.

It has come in handy as a stop gap measure. I actually still have it because I have tomtom for it and its a decent sat nav system. Way better than the excuse of a satnav system the N95 had.

russelljtaylor

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2006
Which Store are you purchasing your iPhone from?

We're both heading down to the Apple store at Trafford Centre on Nov 9th, then racing home to activate!

I'm planning to go to the trafford centre too!!!!! I can't wait till the 9th, I've already been in the apple store twice pestering them hoping to find out anything about how many they are getting. I do not want to be disappointed come the evening of the 9th.:D:D:D

Russell
:apple::apple::apple:

oreomac

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2005
I'm finishing work at 3pm & I'm going to bluewater to queue. Planning to take my DS & Macbook to keep me occupied.

I'm getting so excited, I keep telling everyone that I'm getting an iphone. I think it's going to be a long shift on the 9th as I'm just going to want to be at the apple store.

Oh-es-Ten

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
London
Im in!

I'm in. I have been in since about January this year.

Having one for a week (as an iPod really), just whet the appetite even more.

Will be heading down to Regent Street about 4:30 on the 09th, and see how it goes.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
once this week is over with the countdown will be on!
may the iphone force be with us all. lol
just think in just over 2 weeks we will all be on here talking about "our" iphones.
can't wait:)

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
once this week is over with the countdown will be on!
may the iphone force be with us all. lol
just think in just over 2 weeks we will all be on here talking about "our" iphones.
can't wait:)

i'll be away on holiday until the 29th. i'll be jealously reading posts about all of you using your iphones.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I'm in but am going on holiday on the 9th, so will pick one up when I get back.

mooty

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
UK
I'm still pondering - since the 200MB limit (which isn't unlimited O2!!!!) on data has been announced, its a little too much at 35 a month... I am hoping they will have a change of heart...

Bongolo

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2006
I'm still pondering - since the 200MB limit (which isn't unlimited O2!!!!) on data has been announced, its a little too much at 35 a month... I am hoping they will have a change of heart...

Same Here!! :rolleyes:

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Tempted to get one but can't stomach the tarriff, plus I should be emigrating in around 12 months so don't want an 18 month contract.

Will most likely wait a few days to see if you can just use an existing O2 sim in it like AT&T.

Tried one in the states and loved it but came back with a Touch instead.

metoo6000

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
London, UK
I will buy two on the day from Glasgow Apple store. I haven't decide what time I should go though... Don't think there will be a huge queue, but when I recall the Grand Opening day there might be a little chance to get a long queue I guess? Anyway, I will be in a queue when I see it.

Manic Mouse

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2006
If the tariffs were in any way reasonable then I'd be first in line.

But they're not, so no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.