Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I can't compete with the Tag, Omega and Rolex crowd here (especially the solid gold Rolex s@#t), but i love my watch simply because it is Eco-Drive and solid Titanium (i hate heavy watches):

I have to agree there is a huge difference in weight between Titanium and steel watches.
I have a picture of the Titanium watch from Citizen that has become my daily watch and it is pretty light. I also own a another Citizen watch that is steel and currently it is off getting repairs but it is noticeably heavier (though I am looking forward to getting it back)

I use to think Titanium watches where over rated in how much lighter they where until after I got one for Christmas this year. Other nice thing about Titanium watches is there will be no nickel in them. That also happen to be one of the big reason my mom got me the Titanium one because I am allergic to nickel and I can not wear anything with nickel in it. Some of the steel alloys do contain nickel and she just did not want to take that chance. Plus it is oh so much lighter.

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
I have this...

BB191TS.jpg

my man has one of these that I borrow sometimes...

DMR05.jpg

but am lusting after one of these...

187248-4.jpg

Canerican

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
My Seiko... don't know much about it... thinking about a Tag, but I can just think of a million better ways to spend $1000...

Attachments

• sna017p1.jpg
    sna017p1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 3,653

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I picked up my watch a couple of weeks back. I let my wife claim it as my Valentines present. I really like this watch.

Attachments

• Seiko.png
    Seiko.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 127

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ

Great movie, great watch. I bought one for my brother for Christmas and I will be getting one for myself one day.

Personally, I have a Movado that I love. I don't wear that one that often- to me, that's an expensive watch that I really don't want to break/scratch/lose. I have a Fossil and a Titan that I wear most of the time, and a few others that get tossed in the rotation.

I tried on a Concord rose gold watch once- the saleswoman made me since I was oggling over it at the time. It was about $16,000, I believe- I took it off immediately and said I had no business wearing that watch. :)

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
although some watches are nice pieces of engineering, i say 'smatches watches'..bah!

i don't wear a watch except when i'm hiking in the forest and that's only to ensure I don't stay out past dark. other than that, there are time devices EVERYWHERE...cars, phones, walls, bedrooms, computers etc..etc..etc.. or, just ask someone else.

i personally think a nice watch is, "hey, look at me, i'm loaded and just wasted a bunch of money on something to tell me the time." (no offense to the OP)

society's problem is that we've become fixated on time. we have to be somewhere or do something at a specific time. we've forgotten how to enjoy each other's time, ironically, b/c we worry about the time :)

Cheers,
Keebler

ps. it's 2:06 EST ;)

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I have this watch, and it I wear it. I posted a pocket watch somewhere in this thread, but I don't really use it.

Its not the "nicest" watch, but it looks cool, and tell time

Attachments

• FS4166.jpg
    FS4166.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 3,407

jayb2000

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2003
RI -> CA -> ME
I used to work at JC Penny selling watches, so I got into them for a while.
Several Swatches, a nice Seiko, a victronox similar to this one
904.jpg

Mostly I use my cell-phone now.

I was infatuated with the Tissot T-Touch last year, like these:
url

But decided to get a camera instead.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
My Dad came across a $1500 dollar TAG for free. It is the Professional series I believe. I could go into the story, but I have heard/told it too many times...

arya

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2007
Sensational watches these! After a long time got to see so many classic watches at a place and that too at a time when wearing watches is soon becoming a thing of the past owing to the increasing use of the cellphones. Nice collections whoever has them.

NickElls

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2005
Not really... "nice", but it is a watch. And it works for me.
watchai2.png

and it's missing a screw...

urge

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2005
512 U.S.A.
have to say this is one of my worst pictures, sorry.

From left to right starting with the top.

Omega Seamaster Pro. (2531 Brosnan Watch), Oakley Timebomb Starburst White, Oakley Judge Copper, Oakley Blade1 Starburst White, Android Mystic, Invicta Made in The USA Limited Edtion Black.

Resting on the edge of the box that has the really bad reflection is a Seiko Black Monster.

Notable mention Casio G-Shock Atomic Solar MTG-900

Attachments

• img043.jpg
    img043.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 139

bobpensik

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2003
Calgary, AB
Some great watches here. I just wanted to add my contribution, absolutely love it, and it keeps great time too (0 seconds gained/lost in the last 15 days)

seamasterbest.jpg

Reactions: ericwn

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Some great watches here. I just wanted to add my contribution, absolutely love it, and it keeps great time too (0 seconds gained/lost in the last 15 days)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/timackerman/seamasterbest.jpg

0 seconds is hard to believe and would be very rare in an automatic watch. You've synched it with atomic time? Please update us again in another week or 2 about how well accurate the time has been, I'm very curious! And I would consider going towards omega if they are really that accurate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.