Who's happy with their Mac Laptop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ayeying, Jan 27, 2008.

1. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I extremely am, especially with the upgrades I've done (4GB Ram, 250GB hard drive). I keep seeing posts of people either complaining about a design flaw or have something they don't like be on the system they use or something they've done to crash/destroy/damage/screw up their system.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I love my Macbook. Its not flawless, but its awesome, definitely the most enjoyable computer I've ever had :)

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I feel the same way - it seems like everyone's always complaining about either Leopard or some internal problem with their notebook. I, on the other hand, love my MBP :)

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm plenty happy with mine, I don't plan on upgrading it for at least a year. With all the powerful internals it has, I don't see it going out of date for a while.

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I am so happy with my PB15, which is over 4 years old, that it is hard for me to justify getting a new MB, MBA or MBP. :(

6. timtam macrumors member

Cant complaint much with mine, to sum it out: Its my Best Purchased on 2007.

:apple:

7. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

me! I couldn't be happier with my MBP. Best computer I've ever used so far, it feels very 'personal' and 'warm' to use if you know what I mean :)

8. I3eXa macrumors 6502

ditto, had to upgrade to 2gb and a 160gb but i love it.

9. MacDude415 macrumors member

MacDude415

I love my MacBook, could use some more RAM, but other then that its absolutely awesome!

10. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I'm completely happy with my 2007 MacBook Pro.

It's the love of my life. My girlfriend's jealous.

:D

11. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

My MacBook is almost 2 yrs old, potty trained, and well behaved. I think I'll keep her.

12. jabrowntx macrumors 6502

My MacBook is a May 2006 build (at least according to Coconut Identity) and although it runs fairly hot has been stable under both Tiger and Leopard.

The only issue I've had was my first battery became unrecognized after calibrating it a few months after I got the MacBook. Apple replaced the battery no questions asked and I haven't had any troubles since. :)

13. raharu macrumors newbie

I am happy with my 12'' ibook@1.2GHz. The hard drive broke about 2 months ago, but after replacing it (I did it myself), it's running better than ever on Tiger.
    Besides, still lots of people that see my laptop feel jealous about the small footprint that it has. I'm not even sure if I would replace it with a MBA. I'll get a MBP as soon as they refresh them, but I'll keep the ibook near me ;).

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I just got the base MBP last Monday, and so far I am very pleased with it. It is picking up my wifi in areas of my house that I couldn't with my Tablet PC.

So put me down as one extremely happy camper!:)

15. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I'm pretty happy with my Macbook Pro. Still debating whether or not to buy a Macbook to use for work. Instead of the lousy Dell they gave me.

16. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I like my new macbook.

Was very sluggish with 1GB ram, but I just installed 4GB today, and it flies along. It's like a new laptop all over again.

Do I *love* it? Hmm no. That's reserved for my PB15 which is the bestest quality computer I've ever owned or am likely to own for some time.

Maybe love for my macbook will grow over time. I got it as it was lighter and faster than my PB15, which had some screen problems from some water damage.

Before I bought my macbook, I was worried I wouldn't like the keyboard, and also I disliked the the giant bevel around the screen. (I'm extremely picky about keyboards)

Now, after 3 months, I'm perfectly happy with the keyboard, and I don't notice the bevel now. I look at the screen not the bevel, and actually I've noticed it helps to visually separate the screen from the scenery behind my macbook.

17. Muzzway macrumors regular

I certainly am. Only been bothered with problems with my VX Revolution. ;)

18. mr.light macrumors 6502

I am very happy with my iBook G4. I've been using it for four plus years now. It started getting a little slow so I threw some more memory at it and it is fine now.:) I would love a new MBP but It's hard to justify with the old iBook working so well.:(

19. JudgeDanny macrumors regular

Despite a few issues that I've got... I LOVE my MBP :D

who knows.. i may get a macbook when i get my tax return ;)

20. Designer1 macrumors member

I love my MBP so much that I bought a 12" PB. This way my MBP can stay home and be "safe" when I travel. I know it defeats the purpose of a laptop but oh well...:rolleyes:

21. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

22. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Overall, I am pleased.

But the quality issues bum me out (MBP17". It sparkles when it drives the 30". None issue, no fix from Apple in years.)

23. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

I'm completely happy with mine also. Hubby keeps rolling his eyes when I mention it.
    He's secretly jealous! :p

24. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I very much am.

25. bov macrumors 6502