Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Have two apple stores Each about ten minutes from me but I'll be going to a closer large AT&T store. Will drive by around midnight then two am if no one is in line at those times ill go back at 5am and just wait till open line or not..

AT&T stores opening at 8am as opposed to 9 am

Why not just get in line then? Your gonna drive by at 12 & 2, and then get in line at 5? If there's no line at 12, just park and catch some zzz's in the parking lot. Odds have it that people will be lining up at some point. Seems pointless to keep driving back and forth if ur lining up anyway.

Udh20skier

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Headed up there soon only bc i took a nap after work and my preorder got screwed up. Cant fall back asleep and yes I'll be working tomorrow. Too late to burn a vacation day so the store I go. Dont have time to keep checking back after this weekend for phone shipments at stores bc I travel for work.

iLoveMyApple

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2008
Southern California
There is no one in line at the Apple Store at Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga, CA! So if you live in the area and want to be first in line, now's your chance. I'll be waiting happily at home for the UPS man to deliver mine. :cool:;)

Matt8045

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
Drove by the nearest AT&T store 6 people in line already. Ugh I didn't wanna get out there till 5 looks like I'll have to leave sooner. Are coolers with adult beverages allowed in line hmmm

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
Fedex always delivers to our address in the morning, especially on overnight shipments.

They are always at our house around 8AM too, but the routes will change tomorrow. They typically have specific drivers only delivering iPhones and others doing the regular route... or at least they did last yr so I wouldn't count on getting it early.

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Holy crap. I was just watching the news and the Apple store near me in Ardmore PA already has a line around the block. I was there last year and it didn't happen like that until 7AM. I'm terrified about the lines now. I'm going to go check the AT&T store I plan on going to now!

iRabbit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
Long Island, NY
I'm not online... I pre-ordered and expect delivery tomorrow morning.

However, was the mall tonight... here's what I saw:

Smithaven Mall, Long Island at about 8pm tonight (Thursday)

iphone5.jpg

Guy in the Apple Store told me they were likely going to get kicked out, not be able to stay. They don't let people camp at the mall all night. But they'd have a designated time for them to return. Not sure if any of that is true.

Sorry for the crappy photo... I was walking and didn't really care enough to stop and take a proper one. I've done the line thing myself before (original iPhone and iPad), just never camped overnight.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Guy in the Apple Store told me they were likely going to get kicked out, not be able to stay. They don't let people camp at the mall all night. But they'd have a designated time for them to return. Not sure if any of that is true.

Obviously I can't speak for everywhere, but at every mall I've heard of thus far this is the case. They do not let people camp. And it's a mad house when they open the doors (from what I've heard) because the line is no longer a line as everyone is rushing to the store.

iRabbit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
Long Island, NY
Obviously I can't speak for everywhere, but at every mall I've heard of thus far this is the case. They do not let people camp. And it's a mad house when they open the doors (from what I've heard) because the line is no longer a line as everyone is rushing to the store.

At Smithaven they have 3 line areas. They'll shuffle those outside in smaller groups to the lines inside. It's well orchestrated, as I've been part of it before.

For the original iPhone I went to a different mall. Line was down the mall corridor, through an exiting hallway, and outside around the building. I got there about an hour before official launch and was probably at least #300 in line - and still walked out with a phone.

There's always some mayhem, but it's more controlled than you think... and least on Long Island - LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.