Who's Lining Up (or In Line) for an iPad for (3/19)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sodner, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Work kept me from being in line this morning at Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh. But probably like MANY others I will be in line Saturday. This time at about 6AM at South Hills Village. Looking for ANY (at this point) white model for my wife's birthday.

Who else is still at it and where?

2. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

You guys must be so utterly bored to start these threads EVERY day lol. Im going to start a thread every hour on the hours "Who's lining up for an ipad 3/19 10am?", "Who's lining up for an ipad 3/19 11am?"

3. koolzero macrumors regular

I am thinking of going to the Leawood, KS apple store tomorrow morning. I was thinking as early as 5:00am. But maybe it's not necessary to get there that early. I want a black wifi only in either 16 or 32 GB.

4. Snaaake! macrumors member

better than the "OMG JUST GOT SHIPPING CONFIRMATION" thread. Who really wants to read through those? No one. I looked at this thread because I share a similar interest. I'll be on a line tomorrow, on Long Island.

5. outphase macrumors 65816

6. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I'll be waiting in line at the Bethesda Row store in Bethesda, MD. I hope to make it up there around 7. It's not really a highy populated area, so I'm hoping not many people will be there. I lucked up with the iPhone 4 there last year so hopefully I'll luck up with getting an iPad 2.

7. jwilliamsaxa macrumors newbie

I'll be in line at 4am tomorrow at Partridge Creek in Michigan

8. koolzero macrumors regular

Ugh that's early, but I might have to do the same thing.

Does anyone have any rough estimates on how many stores are getting in the mornings? I hate to have to wait 5 hours and not get one.

I am soo kicking myself because on the day of the release my mom had the opportunity to buy a white 64 GB at Target, she was the first in line but I told her not to get it because I didn't want to spend that much on one, but now I'm wishing I would have had her get it.

9. Sodner thread starter macrumors 68020

Sodner

I can't believe some people are SO BORED that they enter a thread and read a post they care nothing about AND THEN they also post in it as well.

Jeeze buddy get a life. ;) ;) Hey misery loves company. :)

10. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Wow I was only poking fun a little bit, take things personal much? Life is too short to be that sensitive my friend.

11. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Seriously considering hitting the Old Orchard (Skokie, IL) store around 6-7am tomorrow just to see what happens. Not something I'm likely to make a habit of, but trying it once can't hurt.

12. Sodner thread starter macrumors 68020

Sodner

TWO ;) ;) means I was joking right back. Really! :D

13. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Ahh !!! ;) I'll probably see you in line lol, still debating if Saturday EVERYONE and their grandmother will line up.

14. koolzero macrumors regular

Sounds like it is going to be horrible so I'm not looking forward to waiting in line for 5 plus hours but at the same time my online order says it won't ship until April 19th. :eek:

15. Sodner thread starter macrumors 68020

Sodner

My Apple store is in a mall. Not ideal. I mean which door do I line up at? Probably 6 mall entrances which open at 8 for mall walkers. Which doors open first? Do people run to the store? Oh the humanity!!!!! :eek:

16. Snaaake! macrumors member

I have the same problem. While I could line up at the entrance door closest to the Apple Store in the mall, they're might be a main entrance with other people lined up that opens first.
    "Where do I gooo?" lol

17. AJayAgliolio macrumors member

AJayAgliolio

I'll be in line tomorrow in Lancaster PA (at a mall)... so I'll probably go in with the mall-walkers and hope for a good spot in line too... I should probably download a map of the mall and plan my strategy... hehe...:D

18. Maxximus macrumors newbie

I'm considering lining up at Target early tomorrow morning. Not sure though cause I've never lined up for anything before. :confused:

19. American Beauty macrumors newbie

I'm having this same dilemma about Ross Park Mall. Which entrance is the one the old people use? That's the key I think. You know those mall cops let them in first probably out of routine.

20. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

All depends if you want to be first in line or not in my area. I went out this am at 2 and was second in line. First person arrived at 10 pm. They had handful of pads but were all 16 gig mix. Some verizon but no AT&T. One guy bought my second ticket for $100 so not to bad.

21. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

Any ideas of how the stock has been out there? I was at Somerset this morning around 7:30 and was about 40 back. They got nearly 60, however needless to say I didn't get one. I was thinking about Partridge Creek since you can camp out without having to wait for a mall to unlock their doors.

22. tstarks33 macrumors regular

I'm in line right now at the Apple store. About 18th in line.

23. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

This is the weekend. People could camp all night if they want to. 6 may not even be early enough.

24. triplecore1 macrumors member

My mall never locks. Technically I opens for walkers, but I was able to enter the mall at 4:45 though the regular entrance. I would try the main entrance door. I noticed cleaners going in and out so I tried the door and it opened.

but don't go through an employee entrance in another post someone was booted to end of the line by an apple employee for using an improper entrance. Which i don't see why apple cares.

25. ccsicecoke macrumors regular

I got in line at 2am today and luckily got the second last two iPads in W14th store NYC