Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
i totally hear you. i LOVE my 13" mbp, but the 12" powerbook was amazing (for it's day, and despite the crazy heat). am def looking forward to seeing and trying out the new mb...

I think the silver, sculpted keys felt so luxurious. There was barely a bezel. And it looked tiny because of the aspect ratio.

I cursed my ancestors the day I spilt beer on the keyboard and killed it forever.

12in-pbg4.jpg

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
All of my stuff is pretty much stored in the cloud. Lightroom is something I use every week and I'm about to start using Audition to edit audio for a podcast. I just don't know how heavy that stuff actually would be on this.

Keep in mind that the new MacBook does not have a PC processor but rather a mobile processor. I'm planning on getting the new MacBook but I'll be using it for pretty light stuff like web browsing, watching videos, and word processing. Since you're going to use graphic-intensive programs like Photoshop, Lightroom and Audition, I think the MacBook Pro will be a better and safer option as Core M is kind of weak for the stuff you'll be doing. That's why Apple markets the Pro at users like you.

whitechapel

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2015
I will use it for browsing, word, excel, prime instant video, youtube and spotify.
And I hope I can use it for some games, not the graphically demanding ones of course (I don't like them anyway).
As long as games like Dawn of War 1, UT, BF Vietnam, Fifa 12, original Call of Duty or Rise of Nations run around 60 fps in 720p I would be statisfied

Dubba

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
Nairobi, Kenya
I miss my 12PB

I think the silver, sculpted keys felt so luxurious. There was barely a bezel. And it looked tiny because of the aspect ratio.

I cursed my ancestors the day I spilt beer on the keyboard and killed it forever.

I totally share your view... I miss my 12PB. When I was buying mine I debated between this and a 17PB... but I neither wanted the weight nor needed the screen real estate!

This was my first Mac and my favourite machine... while I enjoyed every minute of my BlackBook (now gifted to my Dad), and my current 13MBA, I cannot wait to get my 12MB 512. I am going to be ordering on the 10th, and will be collecting it on arrival to the US on the 30th... it's going to be a long 20 days! :)

mutsaers-vr.nl

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
The Netherlands
I thought they would be physical available already on April the 10th ???!!!!

I totally share your view... I miss my 12PB. When I was buying mine I debated between this and a 17PB... but I neither wanted the weight nor needed the screen real estate!

This was my first Mac and my favourite machine... while I enjoyed every minute of my BlackBook (now gifted to my Dad), and my current 13MBA, I cannot wait to get my 12MB 512. I am going to be ordering on the 10th, and will be collecting it on arrival to the US on the 30th... it's going to be a long 20 days! :)

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Not sure, but I'll be testing them in store. As a secondary computer / iPad replacement, maybe. If they match the clarity I saw on the 15" rMBP screens, then that could inspire me to jump.

I was initially freaked about price, but now I fully understand this rMB is an appliance machine so I'd go with the lower spec.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
If the Core M is decent I will seriously consider buying even though I really don't need one. I would 'justify' it by saying I'll use it on the train to/from work and to take to meetings at work b/c I hate unplugging my 15" rMBP from my 2 thunderbolt displays.
But I really really don't need it.
.... but want so bad!

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
If the Core M is decent I will seriously consider buying even though I really don't need one. I would 'justify' it by saying I'll use it on the train to/from work and to take to meetings at work b/c I hate unplugging my 15" rMBP from my 2 thunderbolt displays.
But I really really don't need it.
.... but want so bad!

Ha ha, that pretty much exactly summarizes my situation, although it's a 13" rMBP rather than 15". I was trying to get reconciled to the 11" MBA the last couple of weeks. Loved everything but the display. The rMB is even lighter than the 11" MBA...would be very nice indeed.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Everyone should remember to use a BB mover's coupon, if you have a BB locally. Ten percent off a machine in this price range is decent money, and I believe BB's return policy is basically the same as Apple's.

The hitch might be that BB probably won't have the up-optioned rMBs in the stores. (?)

scottyy

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2015
I originally was going to order a BTO version but now I am going to wait.

I have a built mini as my main machine that handles everything I need.
I would like something ultra portable that I can take with me when I give quotes for signs. I need to be able to do some light vector work in illustrator to generate a quick example of what the sign could look like.

I'll have to go test them out at the store and await some benchmarks etc.

Alloy201

Suspended
Mar 13, 2015
I'm purchasing it mainly for the size/design. I currently have a nearly 6 pound 15" MBP and it's not practical for the amount of carrying I have to do. Power is no concern for me, the rMB is a beautiful machine, and I feel like I need to downsize.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
Everyone should remember to use a BB mover's coupon, if you have a BB locally. Ten percent off a machine in this price range is decent money, and I believe BB's return policy is basically the same as Apple's.

The hitch might be that BB probably won't have the up-optioned rMBs in the stores. (?)

How does one get this BB coupon?

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
OK. So I'd have to move. Not quite worth it. :)

What? Sorry, I see what you mean. No...the mover's pack or whatever the USPS calls it is a package with a couple of forms to do change of address/mail forwarding notifications and it also has several retailer coupons (Lowe's, Best Buy, a few others). You don't have to move anywhere, or send anyone any change of address notices...just pick up the coupon.

Make sure you check the expiration date on the BB coupon.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
What? Sorry, I see what you mean. No...the mover's pack or whatever the USPS calls it is a package with a couple of forms to do change of address/mail forwarding notifications and it also has several retailer coupons (Lowe's, Best Buy, a few others). You don't have to move anywhere, or send anyone any change of address notices...just pick up the coupon.

Make sure you check the expiration date on the BB coupon.

Well, that still seems a little sneaky (although not illegal).

It wouldn't matter for me, though, because I will almost certainly be going with a BTO anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.