Who's returning their 8's?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Christian 5G, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Nathan King macrumors member

Nathan King

Perish the thought. The iPhone 8 is already my favorite iPhone model.

2. fathergll macrumors 6502a

This is probably true for a lot of people. Reality is when people do this they end up abusing the system and the consumers end up paying for it in one way or another. Make no mistakes about this. If no body abused it we would probably have more lenient policies in place or prices to reflect(Anyone remember when iPhone had a 30 day return policy?).

[​IMG]

3. partyboy4357 macrumors newbie

I returned 8+ on Monday, it's a solid phone but with that big screen and huge bezel it's just too bulky (and heavy in your pocket) especially when the X is smaller and with a larger screen. I'd rather wait than be locked into that phone for 2 years. The glass back already had 2 small scratches on it and i've babied it since day one so that glass aint as durable as they claim.

4. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I made the decision that as exciting as the new iPhone X sounds, the iPhone 8 was the better choice for me. This choice was not based on price, the notch or the wait. I prefer the size of the 8 and Touch ID. And it didn't hurt that I find the new gold color gorgeous. I actually like the white bezels. It gives me a place to hold the phone without getting fingerprints all over the screen. I traded in my iPhone 7 and I'm definitely keeping my 8 that I am very happy and more than satisfied with.

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Keeping the 8+ .. The 10 is eh..with (mostly) the same internals as the 8+ plus that fugly ‘notch’ !

6. craigio85 macrumors regular

No, i’m not returning it because it’s precisely what I expected when I bought it. The people who are returning theirs, save a slim minority who have found a particular feature such as true tone to be to their distaste, clearly intended to do so all along. It’s not as though it wasn’t crystal clear what they were buying upfront. Perhaps they just enjoy unboxing new phones?

I didn’t expect the 8 Plus to have any sort of wow factor, but it actually surprised me. And that’s coming from a 7 Plus. The fact that I love the glass back and don’t use a case probably helps.

7. rachelsgoldens macrumors member

I’m keeping mine too. I knew what I was getting when I bought it. I was also able to sell both 7+’s in my household for over $600 each, which paid for my upgrade fees and taxes, so why not? My phone bill is staying the same and I have the latest phone. I don’t really want the X. I will most likely be purchasing a regular 8 when they start having specials. I like to have the option to switch between the smaller and larger phone, don’t want to drop all my money on one phone. I like the excitement of switching every so often and that does it for me instead of android. Plus I love the colors with the glass back.

I also don’t like the idea of not being able to hand my phone over to my significant other and them not being able to unlock it. Touch ID is still around, so I’m going to stick with it. I’m sure it will be going away soon enough.

8. parajba macrumors 6502

This is really silly. Why do you buy it in the first place if you are not sure? You know what you are getting don't you?

9. Walter.Sobchak79 macrumors member

I am keeping mine, but this is my first iPhone. I got the 8 plus and am loving it. Came from an old Samsung galaxy s5.

10. sdwaltz macrumors 6502

Only the "ZOMG APPLE RELEASED A NEW PRODUCT AND I HAVE TO GET IT BECAUSE I CAN'T WAIT FOR A MONTH AND A HALF FOR THE PHONE I REALLY WANT" people.

I bought mine because the X isn't what it needs to be and the 8 Plus is a fantastic phone.

11. Renegade72 Suspended

Renegade72

I can't see a single reason to get back an iPhone 6S after using an 8...

This could be the only good reason, if you can afford it.

That was my choice.

Excuse me... An iPhone 8+ "not too different" from an iPhone 6+ ??? :confused:
    It's night and day. Literally.

Actually I decided against the X for two reasons: price and FaceID. I like the idea, and Im' sure it is the future of the iPhone, but right now I'm not ready to give up my touch ID.
    I'll let those guys try the first generation of "new" iPhone and I'll buy the next iPhone in september 2018.
    For the time being I'm enjoying the iPhone 8+, a great product.

12. martin2345uk macrumors regular

martin2345uk

Returned mine as was bothered by uneven screens, I had 2 8's and both had poor screens, so back to my 6S for now. Maybe there will be an SE update next year; if not, will see what else 2018 brings :)

13. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Ive returned 8+ twice and decided keeping it since i found myself keep missing the features like a lot better stereo speakers, better display with true tone, and 4k fps.

Although after seen pixel xl 2 phone with picture quality i am again hesitating now. I am so amzed that pixel xl 2 camera does whole lot better portrait mode with only one lens. Camera is main thing for me since i take alot of picture of my son.

14. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

I RETURNED MY iPHONE 8... and then I got a different iPhone 8.

I grabbed the iPhone 8 Plus, first. But it was just too big. So back it went.

15. Renegade72 Suspended

Renegade72

Returned twice for no reason ? Maybe we have to thanks serial returners for the iPhone's price ...

16. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

Ive already explained the reason.

17. MarkMissoula macrumors member

I sold my beloved 6s plus on CL for $350 and bought a 8 plus, wasn't that impressed so I bought a refurb 6s plus 64gb for $509 from apple. Totally happy!

18. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

Wait you paid $159 more to get the same phone you originally had? Did you at least get more storage than before?

19. Renegade72 Suspended

Renegade72

$509 for a vastly inferior two years old phone ? And your are happy ? o_O

20. bopajuice, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

How did anyone ever buy a phone with that "huge bezel". All these iPhone models that were for years the "best ever". People have bought millions, most popular phone ever, and now because they come out with a new phone with less of a bezel, now all the phones from years past have "Huge bezels". Oh boy...

21. Renegade72 Suspended

Renegade72

Absolutely agree with you.
    BTW there is people (like me) who don't care about bezels and prefer a solid design with a touch ID.

22. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

No one likes to admit it, but we’re all at least a little brainwashed. It’s what they’ve been doing in the fashion industry for ages. How do you get people to buy things they already have every year? You change the style and seed the hype that the old style is dated/ugly and you’ll be behind the times if you’re still wearing/carrying it. I know that some people didn’t like the 6/7/8 design from the start, but others have only decided that it’s ugly in the last year or so, because the industry has told us that bezels are “soooo 2014”, and you can’t have people thinking that you’re using a phone from 2014, can you? Even if its features and performance make it one of the most advanced phones of 2017, and probably well into 2018.

There are of course functional benefits to shrinking the bezel, ie. more screen in a more portable form, but it also means smaller battery and losing the home button and TouchID.

23. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Well, that poster did buy refurbish product....at least the product have been checked off. Anyway....it's poster's choice. This person wasn't hapoy with 8 series..so why not?

24. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Me too. I like the design as it works with my old cases, love the speed of it, and I like Touch ID.

25. Renegade72 Suspended

Renegade72

The poster is entitled to buy whatever he likes, for sure. I just can't understand how could you be happy with an older but otherwise similar iPhone...
    --- Post Merged, Oct 7, 2017 ---
    You used the right term: brainwashed.
    Today if you don't sell a phone with a 18(or more):9 form factor and s bezel less design you are criticized.
    Even if that lead to idiotic solutions like fingerprints readers in ridiculous positions, it doesn't matter.
    Fortunately we have choices. iPhone 8, HTC U11, Sony and OnePlus are the best phones on the market in my opinion.