iPhone 11 Pro Who's Returning their iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max?

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I've been reading through some reviews. Some are not sold on the color, especially the matte finish. Some see photos as having too much noise. I know there's going to be a small percentage of people here returning their iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max. What's your gripe if you have any. Positive comments also are welcome. LET THE RETURNS BEGIN... LOL.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
The camera alone warrants me keeping it. I like the matte finish better than they slippery Xs max. At this point the only thing would cause me to upgrade in a year rather than two is a note 10 like display.

Frehley

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2012
Got my iPhone 11 today in (Product)Red and am loving it! Came from a Xs Max (which will go to my lady).

I was running iOS Dev 13.1 beta 4 on the Max so when I got home I had to set the 11 up as a new phone, download the Dev profile and then download 13.1/4. After that was done, erased all content and settings and then restored from a backup that I made. So far...works like a champ!

wysiwyg1972

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Mine’s just been wiped, back in the box and getting returned tomorrow after picking it up this afternoon. Was never certain I needed to upgrade but when I saw one in stock for in store pickup this morning, I decided to try it. Camera is nice, but usually only take pics when on vacation. For everything else, my 6S plus does everything i need a smartphone to do. (Calls, listening to podcasts or internet radio and looking up maps). No need to spend so much money right now.

Crazyj414

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2015
I came from an iPhone 8 Plus to an 11 pro. My first phone without a home button. I do like it but wish it was 6.1 screen size. Maybe next year but for now I’m keeping my phone.

redbeard331

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2009
I've been reading through some reviews. Some are not sold on the color, especially the matte finish. Some see photos as having too much noise. I know there's going to be a small percentage of people here returning their iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max. What's your gripe if you have any. Positive comments also are welcome. LET THE RETURNS BEGIN... LOL.
So far so good other than the color, I love green, but this ain’t it, they should have called it titanium and left it at that. I really wish I had got space gray or silver now, does anyone happen to know if I can exchange it for another color? I bought it from ATT.

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I returned my unopened green pro preorder for a space grey 15 minutes after picking it up. After handling the green in store I didn’t like it, it’s much more of a kelly green in natural light.

Reactions: profmatt

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
I have att next upgrade 30 montjs if i return do my carrier wave out that financing ???

NashMan2

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2009
After all the waiting....no I’m not returning my new 11 Pro. No, it’s not a huge improvement over my X, but I won’t ponder for another year what I was missing not getting the Xs. No one “needs” an Apple anything, but there are millions of folks, like me, who buy Apple products every year. It’s not about logic.....

Cyberius11

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2011
Depends. If I can get one without a yellow screen, I’ll keep it. The camera is fantastic. The screen on mine is terrible.

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
I really like the matte green finish, love the much more capable camera, and am still going strong on my first battery charge after many hours of use, so I’ll be keeping mine! 😀

shoehornhands

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2014
I got an 11 Pro Max and it's great. Have no intentions of returning it (assuming it doesn't break or something).

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
Got the Pro Max 512gb and I'm liking it so far. Battery life is excellent so far. Camera is excellent, as well as low light shots. Speaker quality is excellent. Display is excellent. The weight doesn't bother me at all. I was expecting it to be heavier with all the exaggeration.

I only have two minor gripes ......
1) It's harder to use one handed vs my S10+. The Pro Max has a wider display, but is the same height.
2) Still has lightning port. If Apple wants me to upgrade next year, then USB-C is a must.

I usually don't last long with iPhones, but Apple has lifted some of the biggest restrictions on iOS13 that has kept me away. So I have a feeling I might last an entire year this time.