Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Interesting.......watched a video review and the case does look great. Does it have a slight "lip" on it so that you can place the phone face down? Thanks.

I will second CrimsonKnight and say yes it has a slight lip - but barely. I'm kinda glad cuz those massive lips made me feel like I was reaching in a bowl to use my phone. lol.

Reactions: Aceroller

LimonJoe

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2015
My phones are always naked. I've had every iPhone since the original and have never put a case on any of them, including my current 6 Plus (which I got on the day of launch last year).

When doing this, I:
  • ... dedicate my left front pocket for my iPhone only. Nothing else goes in that pocket. Not keys, change, miscellaneous foo, not even paper receipts. Nothing.
  • ... never set my phone down directly on a hard surface. If I have to set it down, I set it on a book, magazine, stack of paper, mouse pad, napkin, etc. Note this also means it doesn't get tossed in the cup holder in my car.
  • ... don't drop it
And my phone is pristine even after a year. I'd argue it's typically in better condition phones that live in cases as cases have a tendency to collect little bits of grit which create micro-scratches on the surfaces of the phone. Last year, the Apple Store employee that took my 5S as a trade-in for my 6 Plus looked back at me when I handed him my phone.... "How long have you had this?" "Since launch... one year." "Wow."

I do a lot of the same things. Always putting my phone on something like a towel, napkin, rarely a hard surface. Ive had the spigen thin fit case in smooth black on it since day one. http://www.spigen.com/collections/iphone-6/products/iphone-6-case-thin-fit-4-7?variant=1154527653
I like the soft touch feel of the black case because the phone on its own is just far too slippery. And keeps me from touching the antenna bands which could slightly degrade signal quality. I try naked for about an hour a week and always pop the case back on, too slippery.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    385.3 KB · Views: 146

Ev0d3vil

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
After getting two glass protectors, I didn't feel good, or rather the protectors didn't fit my requirements, so I'm using it without a protector. But I got a case.

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
The only time I rock mine naked is if I'm going out somewhere really nice. I think the raw design is so much better looking than any case could be. Just my personal opinion.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
I chuckle every time I read someone say the phone is 'slippery'. Do you guys lather it up with olive oil first or something?

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Posted this in a separate thread but let's see what people think here. Does anyone else find a difference in the degree of slipperiness between the different colored models? I have a rose gold and space grey 6s+ and the rose gold feels more friction-y, not sure if it's just me losing my mind.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I chuckle every time I read someone say the phone is 'slippery'. Do you guys lather it up with olive oil first or something?

Hah - no, some of us live in super arid dry desert environments with almost no humidity meaning an aluminum device is super slippery to us. I imagine if I was closer to the ocean or living in the midwest where humidity existed it wouldn't be half as slippery. :/

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Hah - no, some of us live in super arid dry desert environments with almost no humidity meaning an aluminum device is super slippery to us. I imagine if I was closer to the ocean or living in the midwest where humidity existed it wouldn't be half as slippery. :/

Interesting observation. Lots of truth to this.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.