Who's sticking with their current iPhone for another year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smoothbit, Sep 9, 2014.

1. smoothbit macrumors newbie

The iPhone 6 looks very nice and if I needed to get a new phone I would surely buy one.

I'm also glad the 64GB model has been replaced with a 128GB model at the same price.

However, I guess it's still not enough for me. My 32GB iPhone 4 does everything I need, I'll put off spending 900€ until next year.

What about everyone else?

2. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

screen is coming off my 5 making it difficult to use, I have an excuse to upgrade.

3. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

I am. Not because I don't like the 6 or anything like that. It looks great. Just want to try and hold onto a phone for more than a year a change and also save some money off the monthly price of buying another one.

5. musicjunky macrumors regular

Sticking with my 4s for another year lol. Pick up the 6 next year for 100?

6. ggf macrumors member

Hoping for something next year

I currently have a 64gb iPhone 5 just coming off contract
    I don't want a bigger phone.
    I always use a case and as a result the 5 is as big as I can go and still fit in my pockets
    I am disappointed they have dropped the 64gb 5s from the lineup
    I would have contemplated a 64gb 5s to get the Touch ID but now there is really no option but to wait another year and hope they refresh the smaller size.
    I am hoping that after the pent up demand for the big screen dies down apple will decide there is still demand for a full function version in the smaller screen size

7. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Same, but I have a 16gb 5. It's a little cramped, but I can make it work for another year or two. Maybe I'll get the 5s, but it still doesn't seem like a big upgrade.

8. Jst0rm macrumors regular

Im on a 5 right now and wanted to get a 6. I am on a 2 year contract cycle with the new release of the iphone refresh but this one isnt doing it for me. I may upgrade my 5 to a 5s. I may see what else is in the market. I have everything mac but the 6 just seems weak to me.

9. jasoncordelle macrumors member

jasoncordelle

I'm going to go with a 6...

I have a 5, which is around a year and a half old.

It's good - doesn't lag, doesn't have any issues and is in great conditino (hence the reason I shall pass it down to my wife, who is using my old 4S)

I just really want a slightly larger screen...the 6 (not the 6+) is the way forward for me.

In saying that, there's nothing wrong with the 5 and I had no desire to go with the 5S, so I could last another year if I felt that way inclined.

10. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

The idea of using an iPhone 4s in this day and age seems insane to me. But good luck :)

11. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I think I will hang on to my 5 for a couple months.

First, I want to see how well the 5 runs iOS 8. Second, I want to make sure no odd bugs show up in the 6 hardware. Third, I want some decent choice of accessories if I decide to buy the 6.

The 6 looks great to me, but I'm definitely not the early adopter.

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I know people using the 4, and even 3Gs.

13. apple-silicon macrumors newbie

I like the 5s but if the opportunity knocks I will.

14. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

Agreed. LTE is a must. Even if Apple handicapped it on Verizon. :mad:

15. techn9ne macrumors member

Barring anything crazy or any accidents, I'll be rocking a 4S until August of 2015. I don't mind being behind, as I'd rather get a phone that has a lot of support, kinks ironed out, and is cheap. I'm sure it's blasphemy to most people on here, but owning the most current product is just not something in my priorities.

16. LoganT macrumors 68020

I have a 5S but I'm going to get the 6 Plus because I don't like being on the S cycle. I'll have to pay an additional 250 for it.

17. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

What do you mean?

18. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

For a moment, I thought, maybe, wait for the 6S+ (2015). I have a 4S and I know it will last me another year. BUT, it's a Sprint 4S and I question, if I should continue paying $67/mo. for the next year or purchase a 6+ and go with T-Mobile for a $30/mo. plan. Sprint doesn't have a comparable plan as T-Mobile.

I may be tempted to just buy it when I head over to Apple on the 19th. However, I want official factory unlocked which won't hit stores until mid-November.

19. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

Apple makes the only device that cannot do simultaneous LTE and Voice....on ANY network.

On AT&T & T-mobile, this means data drops to 3G during a voice call. On Sprint/Verizon, cell data does not work at all during a voice call.

All other LTE devices on Verizon do both, except Apple.

I want to know if the iPhone 6 has rectified this, but I doubt it.

20. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

if I listen to my finances, I will most likely will hold onto my iPhone 5 until the 6s comes out.

The Next plan kind of bothers me, while a larger screen would be great, I think I can hold off until this time next year.

21. 1981d macrumors regular

One of the big reasons I went from the 4s to the 5s was that the 5s had enough features (esp. With 64 bit) to be a competitive phone for several product cycles. Now I'm calling in those chips and may try to hold out for the iPhone 7 or 6c lol:p

22. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

I'm fine with my iPhone 5. Had to replaced for bulging battery 3 months ago. So it's in great condition to last another year or two.

23. rjalda100 macrumors regular

I like my 5s, and it works perfectly with no issues whatsoever, so I'll stick with it for a year or two still.

24. blueflower macrumors 6502

Lol@some of the comments. At my workplace two people are using 3GS, one person 4 and another 4s. None of these people are insane their phones do what they want them to do.

25. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

Lol, I'm still using a 4, just wanted to see what the 6 was before getting a new phone. Wanted to compare the 6 with the S5. Seems the 6 is the one.