Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2002
I'm still on my first iPhone, and it hasn't given me ANY trouble! I've only dropped it once, which resulted in a small dent on the top corner. Other than that...it's still pretty much flawless!

Who else is still rockin' their original iPhone?!

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
Still on my original. Dropped it once, never had a problem.

Waiting on the 3G/GPS/32 GB iPhone to be released. Until then, I'm quite content with my current 1st gen iPhone.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
I wish I was. My first one suddenly and inexplicably refused to provide reliable radio service to AT&T. I had it replaced, and the new one has an INCREDIBLY loud GSM buzz and a stuck green pixel in the middle of the screen. However, a co-worker managed to knock it out of my hands and down an entire flight of metal (!) stairs, so it has suffered some dings and dents that I think would preclude Apple from performing any free service on it (thank goodness it didn't crack the screen). So I'm basically stuck with this one until I feel like replacing it myself, I think.

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Yup, I'm still on my first iPhone and I intend to be for a long time!

I've dropped it a number of times whilst drunk :)() etc. But nothing has happened to it except a couple of scratches on the back.

The glass screen seems to be unscratchable!

iClamp

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
Charlotte, NC
My wife and I still have our original iPhones. Purchased our iPhones at the beginning of July. No problems at all, and we use the heck out of them.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I am!! Not a single problem with mine thus far *knock on wood*. Would like a 16GB but my 4GB is treating me just fine.

tothelimit

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
South Florida
I got mine on debut day (06/29) and have had it replaced once (for free via my local apple store) because of some pixel discoloration along the right side of the screen - they were turning yellow. One of my bulldogs almost got to it a few weeks ago. He pulled a tshirt off the bed and the phone came with it. Luckily I was in the room and able to grab it before he did. He ate 2 Treos prior to my iPhone.

I got my girlfriend hers in mid-July and she still has the same one.

skiesforme

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
iPhone 8 GB purchased on 10/30/2007: No Jailbreak, no scratches, no dents, absolutely pristine condition:apple:. Had put on the Shieldzone stuff on it the 1st week itself. Don't even need to use a cover/case and yes it always is in my jeans pocket !!
I had dropped it once when I opened my car door and it fell from the door tray. But thankfully ;) no scratches, no dents !!!
I care for all my gadgets and it hurts me when they get hurt ;)

ajl917

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
Still with my same phone. Got it after the price drop. 1.0.2, jailbroke, 1.1.1, jailbroke, 1.1.3 jailbroke. Lovin it

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Got two on iDay and, up until last week, we still had the originals. Then part of my screen went dead to the touch, so it was replaced (condensation got at the screen). Then the replacement went loopy, dropping signal and refusing to sync, so that got replaced.

So, I've had two new ones in the last week, but the wife's is still going strong.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Purchased the original on iDay and it did not really work right from day one. During week two I had it replaced for battery not holding a charge for more then 6 hours and the wifi would not connect, after troubleshooting, found it was broke. The Brand New replacement has worked perfectly w/o error since middle of July 07. Will "NOT" replace with the new 16g nor even V2 if it only has one or two new features. 3 major changes must happen before I will trade in what is working perfectly.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I have the original that I bought on launch day after waiting in line. I have one dead pixel I found, but since that is the only problem I would rather deal with it instead of risking a return and getting a problematic iPhone in return. I also have no desire to buy a 16GB or even a 3G version if released without other new features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.