Who's still got their original iPhone?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msmith2112, Feb 14, 2008.

1. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

I'm still on my first iPhone, and it hasn't given me ANY trouble! I've only dropped it once, which resulted in a small dent on the top corner. Other than that...it's still pretty much flawless!

Who else is still rockin' their original iPhone?!

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

i am!! 16gb would be nice, but my husband would kill me!!:D

3. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

My wife and I still have both our original phones. No issues.

4. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Still on my original. Dropped it once, never had a problem.

Waiting on the 3G/GPS/32 GB iPhone to be released. Until then, I'm quite content with my current 1st gen iPhone.

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I wish I was. My first one suddenly and inexplicably refused to provide reliable radio service to AT&T. I had it replaced, and the new one has an INCREDIBLY loud GSM buzz and a stuck green pixel in the middle of the screen. However, a co-worker managed to knock it out of my hands and down an entire flight of metal (!) stairs, so it has suffered some dings and dents that I think would preclude Apple from performing any free service on it (thank goodness it didn't crack the screen). So I'm basically stuck with this one until I feel like replacing it myself, I think.

6. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Yup, I'm still on my first iPhone and I intend to be for a long time!

I've dropped it a number of times whilst drunk :)() etc. But nothing has happened to it except a couple of scratches on the back.

The glass screen seems to be unscratchable!

7. iClamp macrumors newbie

My wife and I still have our original iPhones. Purchased our iPhones at the beginning of July. No problems at all, and we use the heck out of them.

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I am!! Not a single problem with mine thus far *knock on wood*. Would like a 16GB but my 4GB is treating me just fine.

9. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

10. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Still going strong... never dropped, no issues.

11. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

12. tothelimit macrumors regular

tothelimit

I got mine on debut day (06/29) and have had it replaced once (for free via my local apple store) because of some pixel discoloration along the right side of the screen - they were turning yellow. One of my bulldogs almost got to it a few weeks ago. He pulled a tshirt off the bed and the phone came with it. Luckily I was in the room and able to grab it before he did. He ate 2 Treos prior to my iPhone.

I got my girlfriend hers in mid-July and she still has the same one.

13. iPhelim, Feb 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Beat you to it by a day. Still absolutely unmarked, though dropped onto concrete several times. Glad I got a couple of CPW Crystal Cases.

15. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

16. skiesforme macrumors 6502

skiesforme

iPhone 8 GB purchased on 10/30/2007: No Jailbreak, no scratches, no dents, absolutely pristine condition:apple:. Had put on the Shieldzone stuff on it the 1st week itself. Don't even need to use a cover/case and yes it always is in my jeans pocket !!
    I had dropped it once when I opened my car door and it fell from the door tray. But thankfully ;) no scratches, no dents !!!
    I care for all my gadgets and it hurts me when they get hurt ;)

17. bgattis macrumors newbie

Still on my original. Dropped it once but I have never had a problem.

18. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Bought mine on UK release day 09/11/07…

No problems — even after knocking it off the cross-trainer. :eek:

19. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Still with my same phone. Got it after the price drop. 1.0.2, jailbroke, 1.1.1, jailbroke, 1.1.3 jailbroke. Lovin it

20. rayward macrumors 65816

Got two on iDay and, up until last week, we still had the originals. Then part of my screen went dead to the touch, so it was replaced (condensation got at the screen). Then the replacement went loopy, dropping signal and refusing to sync, so that got replaced.

So, I've had two new ones in the last week, but the wife's is still going strong.

21. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Purchased the original on iDay and it did not really work right from day one. During week two I had it replaced for battery not holding a charge for more then 6 hours and the wifi would not connect, after troubleshooting, found it was broke. The Brand New replacement has worked perfectly w/o error since middle of July 07. Will "NOT" replace with the new 16g nor even V2 if it only has one or two new features. 3 major changes must happen before I will trade in what is working perfectly.

22. camarobh macrumors 6502

Bought my iPhone on launch day, still have it. No issues.

23. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I have the original that I bought on launch day after waiting in line. I have one dead pixel I found, but since that is the only problem I would rather deal with it instead of risking a return and getting a problematic iPhone in return. I also have no desire to buy a 16GB or even a 3G version if released without other new features.

24. ajx22 macrumors regular

My 8GB was purchased first week - dropped more then once - still flawless (not even any scratches from the drops)!

25. robertatwb macrumors member

robertatwb

Got mine (8gb) on iDay and still going strong.