Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I'm still on my original as well. Bought it in the beginning of July. No issues so far. It's the best phone I've ever had and brought me to the Mac Life. :)

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I am using a 16gb UK O2 iphone, however I had a 2 8gb iphones one which my original contract was taken out on and another that I got my g/f but her contract is not up so I will buy her a new one(sold the others) when her contract is up. I love the iPhone!

Broomhead.ifone

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2008
MMI
I have my original 8gig iPhone. Bought @ 6:05 on launch date. Jailbroke every firmware and dropped many times. Still works perfect:)

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Yes, I had to get the GPRS "plan". I am not too happy about it though (coverage is very spotty and seems to go down a lot); however, when it does work, it works pretty good (albeit slow, but then, that's expected). If you really need internet on the go, get it, but if you have wireless networks in most places you go to, then I'd consider not getting it.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it. :)

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I bought my 8gb in late July and am still perfectly happy.

Is the question here if everyone had to replace theirs or if they bought a new one after the storage capacity increases?

Including myself, three people in my family have iPhones and one of the three has had issues (my brother's- he's had syncing and battery issues- he probably would have had his replaced had he actually gone to the apple store)

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
Yeah he gave me quite a bit additional info. I'll check out the details next week. $7 for the flat-rate is pretty good though. My iPhone isn't gonna get here until end of February though, so I still got some time.

Good luck. Anything you need, let us know.

bacsig

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2007
Got mine on launch day, too. A few drops on tile floors and carpet later it still works fine. I've never had a problem with it and can't imagine my life without it now. Waiting in line was the best investment of two hours I've spent in a long time. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.