Who's switching to a different colored iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by maclook, Feb 24, 2012.

?

What color will your iPad 3 be?

1. Switching from Black to White

31 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Switching from White to Black

26 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. Sticking with Black

76 vote(s)
    42.0%
  4. Sticking to White

35 vote(s)
    19.3%
  5. Neither, I'm buying one of the new colors that will be revealed on March 7

13 vote(s)
    7.2%
  1. maclook macrumors 65816

I got a black iPad 2 last year. I actually wanted a white one but they sold out so I just grabbed a black and couldn't bring myself to exchange it. This year, like I did with my iPhone, I'm planning on going to switch to white. I don't find anything distracting about the white bezel and enjoy the variety since both the black and white iPhones/iPads are beautiful gadgets.

Is anyone else going to try out a different color for the iPad 3? Do men still feel insecure with a white iPad? <- (asking for other people's opinions, not myself. IMO, white is freakin cool for girls and guys)

2. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

I'm switching color but in the opposite direction.

3. maclook thread starter macrumors 65816

^ I'd probably be doing that if I got white last year.

4. M87 macrumors 65816

I have a white 4S and white iPad 2. I had a black iPhone 4 and black iPad. The white was cool because it was something different, but really I don't think it's a big deal what color they are to be honest. I might give a slight edge to white because it reminds me of my first Mac.

5. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

I think black if i get one. I briefly had an ipad 2 and that was white. It's a nice colour and I do have a white iphone 4s, but i think I'll go for black this time.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Switching to white and thinking red leather.

Black iPad, black smart cover, black case... Keep losing the damn thing.

Bright orange bumper on iPhone... No problems!

7. Lucent336 macrumors newbie

The white ones... meh.

I'm not sure where this comment comes into play, neither my wife nor I care for the look of the white iPhones or iPads whatsoever. They just don't look good at all, in our opinions.

That being said, while we don't own one yet, we'll likely get at least one iPad 3 in black.

8. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Black is beautiful ...

A white iPad would be the black sheep in my iToy family ...

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Why should men feel insecure about a white device? We're not talking pink, purple, or pastels here.

We're talking about white... the background of MacRumors is white, is it a feminine design? Same for Google's homepage. I don't understand...

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Well why should men feel insecure about pink, purple, or pastels either? One of those strange ingrain beliefs that are imprinted on us from early childhood. Like red means stop and green means go.

11. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

there wont be alot of models in stock when its released here, so im buying what i can get.
    If possible i get white because that one includes a extra function above the black ipad - protects against strong sunlight a bit.

12. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I'm afraid that it doesn't do that.

I'll be buying black, because the white ones give me the impression of having poorer contrast, whether or not that is the case.

13. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I'llget black if I can, I ended up with white last year because it was all they had, but I think black is more stylish.

14. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I had a black iPad 2 before I sold it. My mother has a white one. Having used both, I prefer the black. If I got an iPad 3 (unlikely, unless it's drenched with super-friggin-awesome sauce), probably would go black again.

EDIT- I did go from a black iPhone 4 to a white iPhone 4s though!

15. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

True, but I still wouldn't want a pink iPad

16. Nychot macrumors 6502a

My wife and i both have white. She has a red roo case. I have a black roo case. Hers is very visible. Mine always gets lost in the house. Id like to get tan or orange. I have orange on my mbp. Bty the roo case is the best.

17. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

I'm going to be getting white because all the kids in my school have black iPad 1's so I want mine to be white so it will go with my white iPhone4

18. urkel, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

urkel macrumors 68030

The reason White gets associated with being more feminine isn't about the color itself, but more about the reasoningbehind choosing it.

Being "fashionable" has always been more of a feminine trait because traditionally, men dress in dark suits and choose bland products that excel more in function than fashion while women prefer brighter colors that attract attention. Those lines have blurred in the last decade and with kids growing up more fashion driven and more often we see men that do care more about appearance and act out on it. This isn't an insult to anybody who chooses either way, its just fashion making its way into everyday life and todays "modern man" tends to take fashion more seriously than they used to.

Personally, I tend to lean on the boring side when choosing clothing or accessories so, while I wouldn't be embarrassed to own white, I feel black is better because I don't need attention from peers OR thieves.

19. VinceDae macrumors regular

Hmmmm

I don't know whats going on in the USA (where I guess most of you guys are from? :) - But here in Scandinavia, White is as normal to use/wear as black - nothing "fashion" statement about a white one instead of the black...

When thats said, Im going for the black, 2 simple reasons... 1: The frame looks "gone" when its turned off and "smaller" when turned on (white makes things look bigger, yes) 2: Its SO much easier to resell, spec. on places like Ebay.

Well thats my 2 cents... :)

20. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

white reflects sunlight. the screen is black when off, but still the edge will at least be reflecting sunlight. The black ipad will get hot faster then a white ipad.
    do a temperature test and you'l see.

its not really alot to worry about, but hey its at least something^^

21. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

I love my white iPad! Sticking with it, for sure.

22. Joshwawilson macrumors regular

When I got a white iPhone one my my buddies was giving me trouble that it was girly.

However I like white. I have a white iPhone 4S and a white iPad 2. I'd probably switch to black for my next devices though just to mix it up yuh know?

----------

White is normal here too, don't know why anyone would think a white iPad is girly. And I also agree with you tha the bezel looks smaller on a black one, and blends in when off. I also think black iPads looks thinner.

----------

I'd rock a pink iPhone for sure

23. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

This is comon in North America about colors, if you look at alot of imigrants they tend not to care and dress multi color. I love wite clothing and other colors.
    iPad 2, white
    iPhone 4S, white
    less finger prints, always looks clean.

24. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I'm sticking with white - the first one I had was black, and I prefer the white now.

25. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I'm planning to get a black iPad 3 with black smart cover. It will be like my "iPad Pro" to go alongside my iPad 2 with light-blue smart cover.

And then I'll probably end up selling my white iPad after a few weeks as I realize that having two (and one being lesser) isn't as fun or productive as I convinced myself it would be. But I'll try to justify it and make it work! I'll try!