Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hazedragon45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
I am

I wonder how many iPhone fans are actually going to wait for the White iphone. Not knowing for sure when it's going to be released this year, or even if it's going to happen at all, are you going to settle for the BLACK if you're actually planning on getting one?

JustinSaneV2

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
I'm not sure why anyone would waste their time...

If you're that desperate just buy the white OEM glass panels and install them yourself.

circularforward

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
I had been waiting for it, but with the delay and uncertainty regarding how long, I got the black this past Friday. Just didn't want to keep waiting when I could have it now, it delays the start of the inevitable contract, and I had some qualms about the white lessening the perception of the beautiful IPS screen's contrast to begin with....

BlondeBuddhist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2010
I am.. sort of...

I am (lovingly) using a black 32 iphone 4. When the white is released I plan on utilizing the add-a-line feature and purchasing the white phone, pay the ETF, and resell it. By then the unlock should be ready so I think getting $1,000 or more is feasible.

A few variables but it looks possible. Like i said, sort of.

Blonde Buddhist

marddin

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
I am going to buy the black iPhone then whenever the white one comes out my little brother will buy my phone and then I'll use his upgrade to get the white one.

Thank god for family!

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I waited a month but finally bought the black after yet another delay. I'll buy it when it comes out and sell this one but I stopped holding my breath for it.

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
I was. As soon as 'later this year' happened I got a black one. I'm not that desperate, a month or two was easy but I'm not being dangled on a string indefinitely. Love the phone, was definitely worth upgrading from the 3Gs. They can stick the white up their bottom :D ;)

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
I was waiting until last week when they changed from "end of July" to "sometime later this year. Maybe. If we goddamn feel like it." So I ordered a 32GB black on Friday, and had it on Tuesday.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Waiting for the white iPhone. Good luck with that one. If someone could wait for a white iPhone, then they probably neither need or even want an iPhone.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
hazedragon45 said:
Who's waiting for the WHITE iPhone 4?

In all seriousness, it's nice that they're sticking with their old 'white' image but the white iPhones look tacky. If the silver text and logo on the white ones were graphite coloured, that would make me think twice.

Last edited:

cdp1276

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2005
Fairport, NY
I'm still waiting as well but probably wont past mid September if we don't hear any solid news. I'm still on the first iPhone 2G that I got the day it came out. I can't handle it much more as the battery life is so bad, I can only use for like 30 mins without a charge.

The biggest reason I'm also waiting is to hear what Apple might do next. Putting an end date for the free bumper/case program leads me to believe something else is coming. So given I've waited this long, I want to give it another 45 days and see what we hear before I lock into a device for 2 years.

Deadman64

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I was waiting until last week when they changed from "end of July" to "sometime later this year. Maybe. If we goddamn feel like it." So I ordered a 32GB black on Friday, and had it on Tuesday.

I need a quick turnaround from order to deliver....did you order in store, online or what?

toypadlock

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
UK
add me to the "was waiting" crowd. when i heard it was being delayed further, even after jobs promised it would be released in july, i said "fuϲk it" and went to the shop and bought a 32gb black one.

annoyed i couldn't hold out, but i do really love this one, even though it's not the colour i wanted.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I was also waiting for the white iPhone 4. However, when the Apple press release came out saying it wouldn't be available until later this year, I placed my order for the black iPhone 4. I probably could have waited, but I decided not to and gave in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.