Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I'd completely loose faith in Apple.

Plus I've been telling people to hold off for the 6S and my prediction of 2 GB of ram is one of these reasons.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Without 2GB of RAM I'll keep my 6... What would be the point? Force Touch? Maybe sapphire? The 6 and 6s will look similar so 2gb of RAM or I'll wait until the iPhone 7...

Now I know Tim Cook and Co. Will lose sleep tonight knowing I won't upgrade without the RAM... (A little bit of sarcasm.)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I currently own a 6 so I don't plan to get a 6s anyway, but the RAM wouldn't concern me. The vast majority of users (including me) don't have any issues and I don't see it as something to worry about.

Agreed. I haven't had any issues with my 6 Plus.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If Apple doesn't upgrade the ram, no way will I purchase the iPhone 6s or 6s Plus. Who agrees?

As if Apple is going to tell us how much RAM is in the phone before anyone has a chance to buy one. :)

But by all means, please DON'T buy an iPhone 6s if it doesn't have 2GB of RAM. Or even if you don't THINK it has 2GB of RAM. You're now one less person I have to compete against at launch. :)

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
We get it. You want 2GB RAM. We don't need a daily thread about this.

You can say that about anything in life that people aren't happy with. I'm actually glad this comes up everyday. Gives Apple more chance to see it.

I'm fed up with 1GB on my 6 Plus. And with my Apple Watch addition, the RAM is even MORE constrained. There's no doubt in my mind that Apple is on the ragged edge of usability with the iPhone as it is. I'd be very surprised if the 6s does not have 2GB.

Reactions: TacticalDesire

rpetunderclass

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2014
You can say that about anything in life that people aren't happy with. I'm actually glad this comes up everyday. Gives Apple more chance to see it.

I'm fed up with 1GB on my 6 Plus. And with my Apple Watch addition, the RAM is even MORE constrained. There's no doubt in my mind that Apple is on the ragged edge of usability with the iPhone as it is. I'd be very surprised if the 6s does not have 2GB.

Yeah I won't be picking up the 6s if it doesn't have 2gb ram, I don't see why it wouldn't but then were dealing with Apple.

soupcan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2014
Netherlands
The A9 will have 2GB of RAM. The most logical thing to do for Apple is to scale down the A8X and call it the A9, with the jump to either 16 or 14 nm. So we'll have a tri-core (or maybe, MAYBE Apple adds an extra core to it with all the space they save from going down a manufacturing process) and 2GB of RAM.

But indeed, Apple would be completely stupid if they didn't include at LEAST 2GB of RAM. More would be better, but 2GB is a good start.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
If Apple doesn't upgrade the ram, no way will I purchase the iPhone 6s or 6s Plus. Who agrees?

I do.
I own an iPhone 6 so if they want me to upgrade they have to put 2GB of RAM and a really improved camera sensor on the next phone.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
There is NO CHANCE that the 6S will stick with 1GB. None. The Air 2 has 2GB, and that performs way better than the 6. So the logical thing to do would be to put a chip similar to the A8X in the new iPhone, as a poster above suggested. Mark my words, if they do 1GB, I'll leave MacRumors

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have to believe apple will go with 2gb even if they don't say anything about it. With that said, they may not announce anything in WWDC and we'll have to wait for the fall for any iPhone announcements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.