Why are people still buying iPad 2's if...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MultiMediaWill, Mar 18, 2011.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Why are people still buying iPad 2's if every one of them has light bleeding issues? I really wanted to get an iPad 2 but I have seen the pics and realized almost every iPad 2 has light bleeding issues.

Is this a non-issue for people still trying to get an iPad 2?

2. GTmauf macrumors newbie

I think it's because for the majority of the units it's almost unnoticeable. I just picked up my ipad 2 today and I'll admit there is a tiny bit of leaking, but only when I put the brightness to full blast and put it in a very very dark room (no light). So despite it 'being there', I can't even see it unless I purposefully go out of my way to make it show.

3. ndillon macrumors newbie

I have a 16gb wifi White model. No light bleeding is apparent, nor any yellow spots. Maybe I got lucky.

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

You've seen 500,000+ pictures? You've seen pictures of people who have identified a problem and have posted about it. You haven't seen satisfied customer pics.

5. Meanee macrumors 6502a

The light bleed is not the end of the world. Mine has a small issue with it, but after a day I got used to it and really don't care. Black 32gb wifi.

6. elan123 macrumors 6502

Mine was lightly bleeding, gave it a bandaid.

Now it is lightly urinating... diaper maybe?

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

stick to your day job Seinfeld.

8. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Its an issue for some. But for many of us, we do not take out an electron microscope to scan every nanometer of the iPad, looking for a flaw.

9. AMDENCO macrumors member

I bought a 16gb white wifi ipad 2 on launch day. No light bleeding, no yellow tinted screen, or nick in the casing. mine was in perfect condition like i expected it to be!

10. ragermac macrumors regular

Mine is perfect, no defects, so take your lame views elsewhere. I am enjoying my Ipad 2 :cool:

11. DeLoMan macrumors regular

I can only see the light bleed if I have a black background and the brightness up to 100%. Other than that, it is fine.

12. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

For anyone that says they DON'T have a light leak issue, you can prove it by going into a pitch black room, putting your brightness up to 100% and going to an all black screen on your iPad. Then take a picture of your screen from a camera with no flash. I have yet to see an iPad 2 without the light leak issue but I hope they are out there! That being said, I still have an order placed for one b/c, as others have said, it's not that big a deal to me.

13. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

Mine has a small bleed near the home button, but it's not noticeable unless the screen is black. The only time it's black is when I'm loading a video, but after the video loads the video goes up to the edge thus... the light bleed isn't noticeable.

14. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

You mistake a real issue for the OCD issues of members on this forum. The light bleed is very minimal and only visible at 100% brightness on a dark screen in a dark room. Who other than the OCD members of this forum stare at a black iPad screen at 100% brightness in dark rooms? :rolleyes:

15. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

When it comes to the internet/member forums, you will *only* hear about problems, never about how pleased someone is with a product. We'll have to wait on some analysis before we can assume any certain percentage are defective.

16. epi117 macrumors 6502

Ditto 64 gig no bleeding that i can see and loving my ipad2, so much responsive

17. xraytech, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

xraytech macrumors 68020

Well "MOST" people actually use the darn thing instead of just looking at an all black image in the Photos app with the Brightness cranked all the way up.

I have light bleed on my iPad 1, I know I will have light bleed when I eventually get my iPad 2. Does it bother me? Maybe a little but not to the point where a vocal minority has to voice there opinions about it every other thread.

Congratulations OP, you have joined the vocal minority.

18. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

I have 64gb 3g iPad one and I did the test where I turned up the brightness and in a dark room I went to a black screen and yes I have bleeding but I never noticed it before so I am not worried about it. I thought the bleeding was a real issue but you have to go look for it for it to matter. I know the iPad is expensive but come on if you have to take steps to see it then it isn't a real problem.

19. incongruity macrumors member

If that is what it takes to see the "issue" then it's not really an issue because that's not anything near normal viewing conditions. It's when you can see backlight leaking during normal usage conditions that it's actually an issue, IMHO.

20. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

iPad white 64 wifi. No issues at all. And I'm OCD as ****.

21. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Man, given that I'm planning on primarily using my iPad at 100% brightness in an all-black room with the screen completely black, now I understand why this is such a huge issue.

I was also planning on using it underwater - don't tell me it has problems then, too!

22. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

Well, if Apple had just designed that damn smart cover to cover the back too...

;)

23. poloponies macrumors 68030

If you have to give people instructions on how to view what you perceive to be a problem, maybe it's not that big an issue. For all I know the iPad I've owned for 10 months may have the issue you're describing, but it's never been apparent in normal use, so I can't say that it does or doesn't.

24. ActiveApp macrumors member

I have a 32gb black wifi with some slight bleeding. Didn't even notice until I read the thread about it. And I still don't really notice it while I am using it.

25. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

My year old iPad 1 has light bleeding too. I realized it when I started reading these posts. This really is a non-issue unless you have your backlight turned all the way up and are watching something in a dark room.