Why boiled eggs??? I don't understand....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacDanielG, Apr 1, 2010.

1. MacDanielG macrumors member

Why is it that people are compelled to bring to work the worst smelling food in a close cubicle enviroment???:mad: I don't understand. Is it just a lack of intelligence the thought of "hey, maybe people don't want to smell this all morning" or just simply do not care?!?!?!!? :confused:

I hate mornings....

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Boiled eggs are easy and travel well, but they do stink. At the very least people should eat them in the kitchen. My company has a policy, albeit ****ed up, that no food is allowed at the desk. I would rather not eat at my desk then to smell reheated fish and boiled eggs. My two pet peeves about lunchtime antics in the office.

4. MacDanielG thread starter macrumors member

And the problem is that is came to work and opened a bag of $#!@% (which by comparison smells pretty similar) THEENNN we would have a problem :mad:

Smells like prison in here (feels like it 2)

5. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

um they are
    1) healthy
    2) portable eggs

i love em

7. MacDanielG thread starter macrumors member

I am not ignoring the fact of eggs being nutritious BUT why at your desk? the lack of consideration is what gets me. If you want to eat at your desk, please eat something that the whole entire office has to smell. (smells like my bathroom after eating bacon bits!)

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed it is annoying, but what can you do?

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Complain about it on the internet, duh!

Yeah, maybe it's a little rude but it seems a strange thing to get worked up about. I understand it might stink but maybe the egg-eater(s) were under the mistaken impression that people working around them are not so petty as to get too upset and offended over it. I also imagine there are many people that wish something like this was their only work-related trouble.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i will say nothing solves a problem like talking behind a guys back as opposed to confronting him directly...

11. MacDanielG thread starter macrumors member

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Maybe focus on the job you're being paid to do?

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

14. MacDanielG thread starter macrumors member

We live in America.... It is against tradition. Sometimes I feel the janitor is my superior.:p

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Who cares about the smell of the eggs? It's the egg farts that will kill you.

16. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I had scrambled eggs for breakfast. I put a little of Trader Joe's Everyday seasoning on them.

Delicious.

17. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

I've been known to have the occasional boiled egg at work. Yeah they smell but so do some of my co-workers:D. OP - get back to work:p

And what exactly is a scotch egg?

18. MacDanielG thread starter macrumors member

You are a monster!!!!!!!!!! :D

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

20. MacDanielG thread starter macrumors member

21. danny_w macrumors 601

Maybe the people that bring the eggs don't realize that they smell bad. Until this thread I never thought about it, and I still don't understand it. I guess that is because I love boiled eggs too much. ;) I guess it is a good thing I have a private office. Be3sides, they can't possibly smell worse than sardines can they?

22. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

And proud too.

23. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Funny Story... (At least it was to me)

I used to work in a shop that could pretty much be described like working at the U.N.. Lots of different nationalities in a pretty small area.

One day, an Asian guy (Vietnamese, Korean, ???) opens up this container he just heated up in the Microwave and this smell permeates the entire floor. This guy is literally 4 isles over (6' high cubicles) and it smells like its on my desk.

There is this root that they eat, to say it smells like dirty ass would be an understatement.

Now I did smell it, but its nothing I haven't smelled before (root not dirty ass), and I wouldn't be so rude to comment about it, besides I was busy working and just ignored it.

The guy behind me, who isn't really right to begin with and happens to be a germaphobe, gets out of his chair and starts freaking out (Also Asian BTW). He starts running up and down the isle with a can of Lysol screaming "Ahhhh, what is that? It smells like Ass" at the top of his lungs all while spraying the Lysol.

The moment was surreal to say the least. This is a major financial company in NYC, and everybody is in suits. The folks who are on the phone stop talking and are just agape watching this scene.

The smell of dirty ass now mixed with lysol was making me queasy, so I had to walk away. Besides, I had this crazy F*** running up and down the isle screaming, so I wasn't getting much done anyway.

I guess I'm saying I would prefer hard boiled eggs to that root :p

24. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

im sure your boss thinks the same thing concerning you posting on MR than oh you know, working

just sayin'

25. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen