Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I was guilty of this once at my last workplace. I burned the popcorn in the break room and disposed of it as quickly as I could, and tried to nonchalantly return to my desk before anyone noticed. Unfortunately, everyone seemed to already know who the culprit was, judging by the number of teasing emails waiting for me when I got back to my desk... :eek:
Well we have one of those rolling popcorn machines at our work and somebody else always makes the popcorn, but yes I have burned that bagged microwave popcorn before and yes it does really smell.

CHAOS STEP

macrumors 6502
Eggs smell like actual poop.

Why would you want to waft poop smells around the office?

If someone kept taking in eggy sandwiches to work in my place, I would drop my trollies and curl off a fresh one on his/her desk.

However it is possible that he may not smell that over his egg-mayo sandwich.

MacDanielG

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
FLA
Eggs smell like actual poop.

Why would you want to waft poop smells around the office?

If someone kept taking in eggy sandwiches to work in my place, I would drop my trollies and curl off a fresh one on his/her desk.

However it is possible that he may not smell that over his egg-mayo sandwich.

FINALLY!!!! I don't think it smells bad, has a strong smell, It smells like doooo doooooo!!!!:D

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
I got you beat. The kitchen area at work is pretty close to my desk, and I am forced to smell everything that is microwaved in our office. We also have some bike messengers that will consume the most nasty things you can think of, think sardines in the microwave. The smell does not just go away within a few minutes, it makes me feel like I need to take a shower after somebody cooks or burns something in there.

Somebody in my apartment building cooks brussel sprouts to the point of making the entire hallway smell like a bum urinated all over everything. The smell usually affects my living room as well. Not that I don't like brussel sprouts, you just can't overcook them.

I also think people should not be allowed to bring food on airplanes or public transportation. My guess is that most people lack common courtesy.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Boiled eggs are great - I do a couple of cartons of them and seal them when going camping for a weekend. Well worth the effort. Not so keen on them pickled though to be fair.

As for eating smelly food in a confined public space, especially work.. just plain uncourteous. Every adult knows that eggs smell, if they bring them in anyway, well then they just don't give a toss.

You can always throw a few hints their way I guess..

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
You can always throw a few hints their way I guess..

Yeah, like this:

TakeItOutside.gif

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
I don't think they smell bad unless they are spoiled. I almost never eat them though, can't be arsed to make them.

Burned microwave popcorn, on the other hand, is worthy of beatings.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
RE: Why boiled eggs??? I don't understand....

Whole boiled eggs are easier to prepare than whole boiled chickens or rabbits, easier on the nose and fewer cases of projectile vomiting also.

Bring in one whole boiled rabbit, and nobody in the office is going to ever talk to you again. :(

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
Back in high school I worked at a grocery store and one of the guys in the produce department would bring 2-3 boiled eggs to work everyday and put them in the fridge for snacks. I couldn't believe that he was consuming more than a dozen eggs every week. The fridge also gave everyone a big waft of egg smell every time it was opened.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
The greatest thing about easter is the painted eggs hard boil a couple dozen get a couple raw paint them all and play a little game of Russian roulette with the kiddies:D

Next best thing to the find the carmel covered onion game during halloween

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.