Why buy an iPhone 5s? I need motivation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hunter78, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Hunter78 macrumors member

Okej i am a Apple fan boy (have many Apple product)

But I was disappointed about my iPhone 4S battery 3 years later. Now i have about 3h on 3G with my iPhone 4S, before my 4S is dead.

Today I am using a Samsung Note 3 (as prime phone) with minimum 1d 2h standby and 6h 18 min active (screentime) but I am thinking of too replace my 4S with a iPhone 5s.

But I am afraid I won't have good battery and I will need too use a battery pack for iPhone 5s.

So what is your battery use (screentime) on only 3G/ 4G - Ltd use with your iPhone 5S. And Try too motivated me why I should by a iPhone 5s 64GB.

2. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Motivate you?? Keep your note, how's that for motivation...

3. Hunter78 thread starter macrumors member

I am using my phone primarily for sms/mms, mail, twitter, Facebook news reading and calling a lot of calls.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Who do you think we are? Why should we so this for you? Don't buy the iPhone.

5. MPclk2006 macrumors regular

Not trying to be rude but if you need "motivation" to buy something, then maybe you shouldnt buy it...because no matter what we say here, its your money and the phone you will use for the near future everyday...good luck.

6. Hunter78 thread starter macrumors member

What I really need too know is that the battery is not rubbish in use. Thats why lam asking before I buy.

7. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

8. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

The 5s lasts all day for me. My work day usually consists of 11-12 hour shifts. By the time I go home, my iPhone is at around 15%-30% on average.

I have a Note 3 too. I still have to say the 5s was worth every penny I spent on it.

9. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Perception and reaction can be heavily influenced by ones choice of words.

The iPhone 5s battery will not touch your note 3s battery. The battery will be way better than your wore out 4s. The iPhone 5s won't get 6 hours screen time, like your note, but if your using it as a secondary phone...it will do you fine.

I use the 5s as a primary phone...and while it's battery is no where near what I had during the seven days I spent with the nokia 1520.... It serves me we'll enough. Love the phone. I have tried to move to other phones but can't.

10. Hunter78 thread starter macrumors member

11. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

There are several threads about iPhone 5s battery life, and you are signed in a couple of them.
    It's not easy to give you an answer, since battery life depends on many factors like your usage, the signal strength of the place you live/work and so on ...

iPhone 5s battery life surely is a little bit less than your actual phone, since the Note 3 has a very big battery inside.
    At the same time iPhone 5s is better than iPhone 4s in that aspect, and your iPhone 4s is a three years old device, its battery is aging ....

Battery life generally isn't an issue for iPhone 5s, but you should buy it based on other considerations.
    My suggestion is to keep your note 3 until September and then evaluate the next iPhone 6.

----------

Actually I can easily pass the 6 Hrs screen time on my iPhone 5s .... And it is my primary phone for sure.

12. Hunter78 thread starter macrumors member

You do???

13. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I did what ? :confused:

14. Hunter78 thread starter macrumors member

I know you do get about 6h of screentime but it seems you are the only one too do so. And I am asking why no one else get 6h+ on there iPhones.

15. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

The only one ????
    Please take your time to check other threads on this forum ... Most of the iPhone 5s users have better battery life than mine....

----------

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644553

This is the thread to check .... You are going to discover a lot of people with 7-8 hrs of usage

16. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Usage on iPhone is not the same as screen-on time with android. On android it literally means when the screen is powered on. I probably get 4hrs at best screen-on time with the 5s and around 5 and a half on the Note 3.

17. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

This is a jailbroken 5s BTW so that would make the battery drain faster than normal. It's a well know fact that the A5 wasn't battery friendly.

Attached Files:

18. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

:D:D:DBecause the 5S is here, it's available, and you can get it in gold to match your gold crown (that's if you have one).

19. Hunter78 thread starter macrumors member

What did you do too get so good battery? Any special settings?

20. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Keep your note. It's going to have better battery life than the iPhone.

I will say that something is wrong with your 4s if your battery only lasts 3 hours. Sounds like it's time to replace the battery.

21. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

No, i have everything set up not too battery friendly actually. Push email every 15 mins, all my setting are unrestricted towards cellular, ect.

22. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

OP: The iPhone 5s is an incremental update over the iPhone 5. Only real noticeable thing it brings is touch id which is very convenient. You really don't need to waste an upgrade on it now. I would just wait for the iPhone 6 at this point.

23. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Screen in time is an useless information, since the iPhone could be working also with the screen not lighted (I.e. Music, gps, push notifications and so on ...).
    But I don't listen music on my iPhone, so in my 8 hrs of usage the screen surely is on 90% of the time.
    4 hrs are definitely below average for an iPhone 5S.

----------

Did you take the time to check the link I posted ? Most of the user of iPhone 5s are experiencing usage times well above the 6 hrs threshold ....

24. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I wouldn't really call it useless. Just a more detailed description on what's using your battery. I kind of wish iOS was more descriptive and not so vague.

25. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Go for the iphone 5s, it is blazing fast and really good looking phone with better app store :D :)