Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
Seriously! Its very slippery, you´ll have a hard time removing fingerprints with a dry cloth and its not even real black. Jet black, on the other hand, is far more grippier, easier to clean and is a real, deep black.

And still, the matte finish looks much more classy, more premium and especially more badass than that glossy 3GS memorial phone... ;)

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
Why do you care so much what color phone people pick? People buy what they like, you should too.
First of all, your advice doesn´t seem to be true for NOT jet black buyers, because apparently they feel the need to post several times, how the jet black sucks and whatsoever.
And second, if you can´t tell that this is mostly a satirical thread, than I don´t know what to do!:p

Reactions: Rina11

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Because I like it, and when people ordering on 9/9 20-30 mins after launch are getting late October early November on JB, why do we wanna wait on that?

I've seen and played with a JB in person. Every time you touch it it smears, it shows every little abrasion, and honestly it looks cheaper because it appears as plastic.

mustu

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
okay so I got my jet back plus and I am keeping it but i prefer the matt black. I have both now :)

jet black looks cool but you need to keep wiping it. I have always used two phone one space grey and one silver... this is the first time i am going to use two black.

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
And second, if you can´t tell that this is mostly a satirical thread, than I don´t know what to do!:p

*sigh* Yeah, just what this Forums need - even more pointless "satirical" threads, debating over why color X is better than color Y. Always good to have the useful threads pushed down further on the index page. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why do people feel like they need to justify their purchase? I just don't get it...

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Ah....This brings me back to when all of the males on this forum tried to justify their White iPhone 4 purchases because they were afraid it was too 'girly'.

Such ridiculous.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
the increased coefficient of friction was my first observation as well, shiny vs matte preferences aside.

Illogix

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
And still, the matte finish looks much more classy, more premium and especially more badass than that glossy 3GS memorial phone... ;)
You'd think a half a trillion dollar company wouldn't lets its entire professional advertising department put so much emphasis on the less classly, less badass, less premium model, huh?

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Seriously! Its very slippery, you´ll have a hard time removing fingerprints with a dry cloth and its not even real black. Jet black, on the other hand, is far more grippier, easier to clean and is a real, deep black.
And no, this thread was not created, because of the numerous "Don´t buy jet black, it sucks!!"-threads! ;)

mine is very easy to clean. i rarely have fingerprints on it and if i do i can easily clean it on my shirt and i don't have to worry that it will scratch like this. not sure why you think it's hard to clean.

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
I don´t give a **** what color anyone is buying! After all these "Why the jet black suck"-threads, I made a satirical one about the matte black and everyone is taking this waaaaaaaaayyyyy to serious! :rolleyes:
So please would some mod here have the mercy and close this thread? Very thank you!

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
First of all, your advice doesn´t seem to be true for NOT jet black buyers, because apparently they feel the need to post several times, how the jet black sucks and whatsoever.
Oh ....hahaha..... without numerous Samsung is better posts I didn't realize this was a satirical thread. :oops: :D
[doublepost=1474895426][/doublepost]
Looks like someone learned their lesson about making useless threads :)
One down, five million to go. Without useless threads, I could read every post made daily in two minutes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.