Why buy matte black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr.Blacky, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blacky, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

Mr.Blacky macrumors regular

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

No, no, and no.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Have to have black bezel and do not like the way JB scratches. Use a Sedio Surface case anyway but the glass finoish will still get scratched just removing and putting it back into the case.

4. keviig macrumors 6502

Why do you care so much what color phone people pick? People buy what they like, you should too.

5. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

And still, the matte finish looks much more classy, more premium and especially more badass than that glossy 3GS memorial phone... ;)

6. ValiumEater macrumors regular

7. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Why do we have so many threads on the same thing. So many questions. People buy what they like. It's that simple.

8. Mr.Blacky thread starter macrumors regular

First of all, your advice doesn´t seem to be true for NOT jet black buyers, because apparently they feel the need to post several times, how the jet black sucks and whatsoever.
    And second, if you can´t tell that this is mostly a satirical thread, than I don´t know what to do!:p

9. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

Maybe for the iP8 Apple could do a matte jet black?

10. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Both colors look fantastic,but i am going for the flagship color as i always do :)

11. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

Because I like it, and when people ordering on 9/9 20-30 mins after launch are getting late October early November on JB, why do we wanna wait on that?

I've seen and played with a JB in person. Every time you touch it it smears, it shows every little abrasion, and honestly it looks cheaper because it appears as plastic.

12. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Because it doesn't smudge just by touching it and it's more scratch resistant.

13. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

Because it's beautiful and no more slippery than any iPhone I've ever owned?

14. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Because I'm an adult, and I chose the colour that I liked. End of.

15. mustu macrumors 6502

okay so I got my jet back plus and I am keeping it but i prefer the matt black. I have both now :)

jet black looks cool but you need to keep wiping it. I have always used two phone one space grey and one silver... this is the first time i am going to use two black.

16. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

*sigh* Yeah, just what this Forums need - even more pointless "satirical" threads, debating over why color X is better than color Y. Always good to have the useful threads pushed down further on the index page. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why do people feel like they need to justify their purchase? I just don't get it...

17. ValiumEater macrumors regular

Because people are idiots.

18. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Ah....This brings me back to when all of the males on this forum tried to justify their White iPhone 4 purchases because they were afraid it was too 'girly'.

Such ridiculous.

19. ValiumEater macrumors regular

Well the black front does make the color pop more as opposed to the white front.

20. jedolley macrumors 68000

"flagship" color? I assume you are referring to Jet Black... What about last year? Are you just referring to the newly introduced colors as "flagship"?

21. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

the increased coefficient of friction was my first observation as well, shiny vs matte preferences aside.

22. Illogix macrumors newbie

Illogix

You'd think a half a trillion dollar company wouldn't lets its entire professional advertising department put so much emphasis on the less classly, less badass, less premium model, huh?

23. Nozuka macrumors 68000

mine is very easy to clean. i rarely have fingerprints on it and if i do i can easily clean it on my shirt and i don't have to worry that it will scratch like this. not sure why you think it's hard to clean.

24. Mr.Blacky thread starter macrumors regular

I don´t give a **** what color anyone is buying! After all these "Why the jet black suck"-threads, I made a satirical one about the matte black and everyone is taking this waaaaaaaaayyyyy to serious! :rolleyes:
    So please would some mod here have the mercy and close this thread? Very thank you!

25. HEK Suspended

HEK

Oh ....hahaha..... without numerous Samsung is better posts I didn't realize this was a satirical thread. :oops: :D
    --- Post Merged, Sep 26, 2016 ---
    One down, five million to go. Without useless threads, I could read every post made daily in two minutes. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.