Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ridercrew

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Northwest Ohio
I started with black. It looked darn cool with the black on black look. Got a lot of scratches though. Switched to white since my iPhone 4 was white. Still rockin it but now three of my friends have white too! I'm REALLY missing my black one!

itsaustinh

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
I got the black one because people had been saying how beautiful the buffed edges were on the black model online. I was in the preorder crowd so had I seen them in store I would have picked the white one, just because of how beautiful the edges are and how reflective it is! I also picked the black model because I have a white 3rd gen iPad and I wanted to change things up.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
i was the first one on my crew to rock white.. everyone was mocking me at first and now everyone has white iphones... go figure. :rolleyes:

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
I'm a secure guy and I really like the white. My only concern is about it is that I think I would get sick of looking at it after a while, does that make sense. I think it could be sweet for a while but then I'm afraid I'd start to wish for a black one.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I'm a secure guy and I really like the white. My only concern is about it is that I think I would get sick of looking at it after a while, does that make sense. I think it could be sweet for a while but then I'm afraid I'd start to wish for a black one.

I thought I'd get sick of the white but didn't--I still think it looks much better than the black 7 months later. I also think iOS7 compliments the white color much better--its no accident that Apple featured iOS7 running almost exclusively on a white iPhone 5.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
I got the black, matches my style.
Black car, black clothes (always a suit), black sunglasses, black rims, black watch, black gloves, black car interior, black shoes, black belt, black phone, black case on black phone, i could keep going…

You should go white then...white would bring all that together. Style basics 101

the-prophet

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2013
The white one looks more sophisticated and it's made from the same material as my MacBook Air, so I trust it.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I got black and have always had black. I love it. I think the white 5 is the best looking white design yet. I will be getting a white 5s as I think it complements iOS 7 much better. Plus I keep losing my black phone on my black granite counters at home. :eek:

oaktree

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2013
I think the white looks gorgeous naked. But I don't like the look of it in a case, at least the cases that the majority of people choose.

However, my daughter has a white iphone, and her case is very sleek. It doesn't add an width to the phone, so I like her white phone.

Since I will use a case, the color of the phone is rather immaterial. Not much of it shows. If I felt comfortable using the phone without a case, I would purchase the new champagne color. Since I don't, it will be black. The black case I use has a black perimeter, so from the front you can't even tell it has a case on it. The black recedes into its surroundings, so it doesn't attract a lot of attention. That's a big plus for me.

A white phone in a "fat" case just looks sad to me. My opinion only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.