Why did you purchase a macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gixxerredliner, Feb 10, 2009.

1. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

Please only intelligent replys, would like to know what made you purchase a macbook and why? Was it the features? the exclusiveness of owning a mac? crashed pc? etc...

2. Doju macrumors 68000

Many reasons

To name a few...

Windows was becoming horrible. XP was the only fast OS, and it was ages old. And it still wasn't stable. My laptop was a creaky, hot, noisy, flimy plastic HP laptop, and after seeing the Mac OS, and its beautiful build, I HAD to.

SO please.

3. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

Why did i purchase a macbook?, Because I got sick and tired of replacing my data every six months, due to some type of malware, or virus that crept in

4. techguy1 macrumors regular

Having been a Microshaft user for years, done and tried everything there is to do with a Windows setup, I thought I'd try a Mac after being an iPhone user for the last year and was impressed with the stability of the OS running the iPhone.

Bought my 1st Macbook just a week ago and am still on the learning curve of how to move things around and get it running the way I want it to, but its an amazingly forgiving OS and thankfully I've had no major problems (yet)

5. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I needed a notebook for grad school and I liked working on the macs at my school and student job.

6. amrk47 macrumors regular

i wanted a notebook that I enjoyed staring at as much as I enjoyed using

7. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Stability, features and customer care (Applecare)... all in one package, couldn't have asked for more.

8. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

I have used Windows for my whole life. Then I was on vacation at some relatives house in Chicago for a month. They only had a mac around. So I did my daily work there (checking my email, uploading my blog, sending photos etc. and I just figured it out how to use it and I really liked the design (of the hard and software). That was pretty much the point where I knew that my next Computer will be a Mac.

But I sticked to my XP machine until its motherboard broke. That was the moment where I justified to buy me something new. And the fact that I would start college half a year later, meant that it should be a notebook.

I love my MacBook, it's small and light enough (though I would love a netbook for travelling..will buy one when I *need* one) to carry it all day at college. It has good specs and just looks awesome. OS X all the way. I am so much happier than with my old PC's.

I also have 2 iPods which just work as they should. And I love them too. (I first seen an iPod in 2003 at a friends house, I played around with it for a minute and I fell for the design. A few days later I bought one, no matter what it costs (was pretty pricey back then!))

The MacBook is my only and primary Computer. There's nothing it can't do, except gaming (I use my brother's machine for that)

9. countrykid333 macrumors member

i got the black one in my sig because my ibook g4 was slowly eating my soul (i had to use a windows computer when it started to get really bad:eek:). Then I got the alu because my laptop my is the only computer i use and the graphics on the blackbook were less than ideal for what i wanted to do with it (still a great computer though).

10. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

simple answer, because teh build design was much better than anything else out there, and the reliability of OSX

11. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

In short, I bought my MacBook because my iBook G4 was on its last legs and I was due for a new computer anyway. I chose the MacBook over other Apple systems because of a combination of features and portability. I haven't used a PC since 2002 (when I was seduced by the G4 iMac...you know, the one with the round base and flat panel screen on the metal neck and then was floored by OS X) and I have no intentions of going back.

12. CharlesX macrumors member

CharlesX

The multitouch trackpad really sold me. Without it, I would have chosen an iMac. Now I can't imagine life without it.

I still don't like laptops, but the Macbook is the best of the best. The unibody enclosure is astounding. It's so solid and inspiring. And, of course, it really means something that the entire thing is 100% recyclable.

13. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

i have always been a windows user until i got my iphone, but i was so impressed with the iphone, i got a second hand white macbook and fell in love

i saw the new unibody macbooks come out and it was a no brainer

best computer i have ever owned.

14. fifthroot macrumors member

fifthroot

The portability is wonderful, and it has the power to do all that I need it to do professionally.

Plus the fact that a Mac just works.

15. Timmbo macrumors regular

My noisy, hot, sluggish, faulty DVD burner, out of date windows laptop had only just finished its 2 year warrantee. It then decided to stop working completely.

New macbook is almost silent, much faster, can run OS X and Windows without any hassle, more solidly built, smaller form factor, comes bundled with software I actually use, does not require 'always-on' antivirus. I can't be bothered listing more.

16. poozer115 macrumors regular

poozer115

+1

17. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I needed a Unix workstation (certified Unix, not Linux) and my old Inspiron couldn't manage to run OpenSolaris.

18. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I switched because I couldn't tolerate the problems with Windows anymore. Also, Macs have far superior battery life than all the laptops I had before :p (and I had quite a few).
    Rememer, once you go Mac, you never go back :cool:

19. Bwilky macrumors regular

Because it made me look cool! But seriously, I had money to blow, and I wanted to see what Macs were all about. Bought one, then converted my family. Still working on Mom and Dad. But with a little more bugging, they will give in.

20. BenchyUK macrumors newbie

I had an imac before and although it was great i needed the portability of a laptop. Sold the imac and dropped a massive £500 on top to get the absolute top spec Macbook.

With this kind of spec i think it does knock down the macbook air's uniqueness as the macbook is just as thin let still packs a disc drive

I absolutely love it. It copes with anything i throw at it and i'm just getting into video editing. I've even got XP installed in bootcamp although i NEVR use it.

Got myself ilife 09 today too and it just makes things even better. I never though i would be able to make websites or edit video footage.

I plan to expand eventually by getting an ipod touch. I want an iphone but i never call people. I email and facebook everyone, so there's no need for the phone part

21. Nobita macrumors 6502

I switched because I couldn't tolerate windows either... I have been using windows for years before finally bought a low-end aluminum Macbook just a week after its release.

I did not regret it and I will not switch back to windows. Strangely enough there are some websites that wants me to use internet explorer (I uses firefox and safari). When I really need to use those, I just opened my legal XP copy in my virtual machine without affecting the stability of all other programs!

I could literally open so many programs at once with my Macbook! I always have iTunes, iPhoto, Firefox, Finder, Preview, VLC, Text Edit, occasionally terminal and some other of my stuff. I love my Macbook! My best laptop ever. It's not as perfect as in the ad, but it's a LOT better than any of my other windows machine!

22. Nobita macrumors 6502

Trust me, iWeb is very easy to use and you'll have a beautiful website to impress your friends on facebook! I wanted iLife 09 too, but I've only been using my iLife 08 for a few months (since october) so I might want to skip that and jump to iLife 10 later... I wonder what it's gonna look like.

23. billy3785 macrumors regular

billy3785

to replace my imac, i was never sitting at my desk anymore. and I will never go back to PCs again, even if their laptops are cheaper

24. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I needed a new computer and got sick of Windows. My wife had Vista for just over a year and had nothing but problems. After seeing all the problems she was having I really didn't want that, so I had money saved up so I got a Mac. My wife saw how smooth everything was going with my Whitebook and wasn't too happy. The new Macbooks we're coming out and I had mine for about 2-3 months and I wanted the Aluminum one. So I jokingly said to my wife "How about I get the new Aluminum Macbook and you can have my whitebook" and she said "OK!" (I wasn't expecting that at all).
    So I looked at the Aluminum for a few days and my wife yelled at me to just buy it already so she can have my whitebook. We both been happy ever since.