Why do many Mac User believe that Macs have better hardware then all PCs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AndroidfoLife, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndroidfoLife macrumors regular

I have been told by many owners of macs that simply because they have a Mac that their hardware is better then any other computer. I attempt to tell them the only actual difference between mac and "PC's" is the OS and in actuality Apple buys its hardware from the same people that the PC vendors get their hardware from.
    In fact I have often dug up evidence that Macs do not have the best Hardware. Currently ASUS and Toshiba lead with mac in fourth of the largest 8 PC manufactures.

2. David-fr macrumors 6502

Have you touched a macbook pro? Best keyboard ever, sturdy, thin, light and high end feel to it.

Screen is awesome and the internal DESIGN is the best yet. Go find a similar machine with all this features and the reliability that a operating system based on UNIX gives you.

Good luck in your search.

3. HBOC macrumors 68020

NO WAY THIS DOESN'T seem like a troll thread... First post, and it is a thread to try a flame war? And also an name like "AndroidfoLife" doesn't help your cause.

To answer your inquiry, the design on the MBP unibody is hardware, if I am not mistaken. Ofcourse the components (which I believe you were referring to) are the same and not exclusive to Apple. The design is much better than a lot of non Apple machines out there, and the OS I like.

4. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Who cares, some people like mac, other people like PC, it really doesn't matter. Get over it, we do have a choice in life these days. I own a PC & mac, big deal. :rolleyes:

PC users say they have the best, mac users say they have the best, blah blah blah.

5. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Because they are better. Sure ... some of the components are the same but many of them are not. The build quality is terrific on the Mac!!!

6. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

The components may be the same but the build quality is better than most PC manufacturers. I love android too but you take your C-48 and I'll stick with my MBP.

7. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Not intended to bash MBP at all, but have you ever used a Lenovo Thinkpad? Just about every major review has stated that it has the best keyboard in the business. As far as features go, be realistic. Many any other notebooks have more features, especially in the business world.

8. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

So, you're saying that ASUS and Toshiba have better hardware because they sell more units?

9. AndroidfoLife thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I will not argue with you Apple does have a very good looking note book, Of course i am not one to aesthetics I am into performance and performance only. The Keyboard is a matter of preference, I think if its not a full keyboard it is not important.

10. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Good....go use the others.

As for me I stick with the macbook pro.

BTW...

The lenovo keyboards are not the same as the old thinkpads.

The macbook pros blow the current lenovo keyboards out of the water.

11. David-fr macrumors 6502

I own one, T60P and is a good machine but come on, on pair with the MPB? Really?

And yeah the T60P has finger print reader and other HPs have like "good" sound card and many other may have more features. But why the resale value stays higher on the MBPs? Remember all those high feature machines are plastic and sooner or later it'll get F*^& up

Oh and when something fails good luck getting it repair ;)

12. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Spoken like a true fanboy. Do a bit of research and you will find lots of information contrary to what you have stated. No reason not to stick to your MBP, it is an excellent machine.

13. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Because they have been brainwashed.

Also, whenever they see someone bad mouthing Apple products they automatically call them a "troll" because they can't handle the fact that someone is telling the truth for once and they have no way of backing up their claims

14. David-fr macrumors 6502

By that logic my 09 Si is better than a BWM cause they sale more Honda's

15. AndroidfoLife thread starter macrumors regular

actually Both of these are the lowest selling PC manufacturers and more the expensive ones. Hp is the world highest Selling PC manufacture and ranked eighth. Grant it I do believe ASUS has a bit of an advantage being able to fabricate much of its own hardware.

16. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

I don't know why resale value always gets brought into every discussion that has nothing to do with it. Not a bash on you, just that it happens all the time. Apple uses Intel processors and chipsets like eveyone else and buys their components from manufacturers that are used by most in the industry. They make a nice machine, no question about it.

17. Tapiwa macrumors member

This thread has the potential to become hilarious :p

OP, you have "dug up evidence that Macs do not have the best Hardware"?
    Wow, seriously? What a discovery. You think people buy macs because they believe they get the best specs for the price? I mean, really? :p

18. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

19. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Or a fingerprint reader on your Macbook. :rolleyes: Isn't this retarded game so much fun?

20. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Seems like this discussion is had almost on a daily basis.

Are the internals (motherboard / processor / vid card) any better than the competition: No. Heck they are made in many of the same factories.

It's the other input/output items that are better. Better screens. My 13" and 15" mbp blows my wife's HP and the Lenovo T61 that I use on a daily basis for work. Better input trackpad. Seriously, the track pad on my wife's HP and my T61 can't compare. Keyboard. Amazing. I don't have an HP envy to compare to, but the keyboard on my T61 is adequate but still has wayyy more flex than my MBP's.

The biggest thing is "body flex". Grip just about any PC at the corner with the screen open and the whole thing flexes. Grab a unibody Mac and the thing is rigid. I don't have to worry about "how I'm holding it"..... :)

My T61 is being replaced by T410 in a couple weeks, but they are really not much different than the T61 (several of my coworkers already have them and I am not impressed, faster, but not better).

21. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

The Macs have the best touchpad in the business, IMHO. The Sony Vaio Z also has an outstanding screen.

22. phantomspacecop macrumors newbie

I have a redundant question too -- why do people keep posting these threads here? Who cares which computer has better hardware, the bottom line is a discerning consumer will purchase the computer he/she feels works best for their specific workflow and what they feel comfortable using, specs be damned. Most discerning "Mac users" have owned or still own Windows based computers OR have bootcamped Windows onto their Mac because they need the OS for whatever reason. Hardware is reliant on the needs of the specific user, a beefed up Windows based machine can be as good or better as a similar Mac machine. Contrarily, you can get the best of both worlds for way cheaper than flat out purchasing a Mac. Once again -- YOUR INDIVIDUAL CHOICE.

If you're going to buy a PC or Mac blindly because you think either one has better specs versus the other, you're only hurting yourself in the end.

The Mac vs PC fight is incredibly dumb, we need to stop feeding it.

23. Treeman574 macrumors regular

Many of my friends try to compare their laptops and claim that I paid way too much for my 15" mbp. Usually just before they crash or run out of their 2 hour battery life.:rolleyes:

As I agree that you can get more dedicated graphics and ram cheaper in other pc's, but mbp's have serious advantages. The trackpad is great, the battery life is much greater than many other pc's, the laptops are great looking, reasonably light, portable, and above all else long lasting.

I've been using macs for almost a decade and the only serious disadvantage back then was the incompatibility with windows programs. Now that things like bootcamp and mac ports of windows applications exist there is no real reason to feel left out owning a mac.

Plus I like the os:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.