Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GuillaumeB

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Just behind you
Well the Aluminnium thing certainly was not a choice by Apple but more a green IT thing to follow...
6 years ago I had a Toshiba made of Alu...
And right now, the old Toshiba does not look like a mac, it's the mac that looks like the old Toshiba... a plain stupid move in my opinion... but they did not have much choice...

I had to get used to it and got a MBP...

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
I like Tiger because it NEVER froze on me. I love the new features of Leopard but every now and then it sticks. Of course this happens less than 5% of the time a windoze PC would but still, you can't shake Tiger. My 12" Powerbook G4 would throw off any crap I gave it but my uMBP gets a little behind every now and then. Stability is the only thing I think Tiger has over Leopard which is a bummer since stability is one of the main reasons I have a mac. I'm hoping that SL will bring back that rock-solid foundation that I miss.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
I just went back to Tiger

I cant believe that after nearly 2 years of using Leopard, I've gone back to 10.4.11 on my G4 PowerBook 12"....

Thing was, my PowerBook never really took a liking to Leopard, especially with the fans seeming to be constantly on (really noisy). Constant crashes (especially Safari and Finder) and internet connection outages made me hate my once beloved machine.

So after I upgraded my HD to 320GB, I figured I'd give the old trusted Tiger a try and see about the noise and other hiccups. Its gone. Thats enough to convince me.

I think the thing I'm gonna miss the most is Quicklook. But its not enough of a feature to put up with Leopard's other shenanigans for

Crown16

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
I have my intel MB running on leopard atm, but i want to get back to tiger. The recovery dvd's dont work anymore, and applecare isnt much help. Can anyone tell me how to get back to beloved tiger?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Tiger runs much better than Leopard, but ONLY on PowerPC Macs. On Intel Macs Leopard runs much better than Tiger... at least in my experience.

Crown16

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
on my intel imac its all fine, but om my intel MB i prefer tiger, just that much smoother. but i don't know how get back to tiger.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
on my intel imac its all fine, but om my intel MB i prefer tiger, just that much smoother. but i don't know how get back to tiger.
I know what you mean. Quartz GL ran great in Tiger even on intel chipsets buts its performance on leopard is downright disgraceful.

InkMaster

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2007
Nagoya, Japan
Is he a member of this bunch?

Some people just don't like things to change :)

Heh, I love how their "evidence" page has been under construction since 1998 :D

I personally still prefer the old pretty menu bar in Tiger :( Was so nice and white and clean.. as opposed to the Leopard one which looks crap on anything but a few different shades of wallpapers. :(

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Heh, I love how their "evidence" page has been under construction since 1998 :D

I personally still prefer the old pretty menu bar in Tiger :( Was so nice and white and clean.. as opposed to the Leopard one which looks crap on anything but a few different shades of wallpapers. :(

You can actually turn off transparancy if your updated to atleast 10.5.2? not sure which, but its under desktop background I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.