why do you care that Steve Jobs died?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jayo123456, Oct 5, 2011.

1. jayo123456 macrumors regular

???

honestly, if this were any other CEO or the like, I'd just post an RIP in a thread and be on with my life (no disprespect). But for some reason SJ's death has significance to me (a sadness of sort). I'm not sure why at the moment.

(this is probably the wrong subforum, not sure where to post it though)

2. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I feel the same way. The reason you love him is because you love the apple product and you follow it's moves.

In the center of it, there was always SJ. And in SJ, we have always looked for an answer. When he spoke, it was extremely convincing. I always had confidence in apple product because of SJ.

It's sad day.

For apple, it's now become extremely important to not only continue on SJ's way but somehow enhances it and continue to innovate.
    It's HUGE shoes to fill.

3. eddieaus macrumors regular

i think we are all sort of emotionally attached to this man. we use the products he created on a daily basis, and we've been watching his keynotes for the last few years. He is truely an inspirational person.

4. Captain America macrumors 6502

It has to do with how much the figure has impacted your life. When Bill Gates eventually dies, it will likely be worse for many people, I know it'll certainly be a sad day for me.

If you've ever used/owned a Mac (and enjoyed it) and enjoy using the wonderful iDevices that have come out from the house that Jobs built and know who he is, you're certainly more inclined to feel more emotionally connected to him.

That's how I see things anyway.

:apple:

5. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

This wasn't just any other CEO. This was Steve Jobs. He brought the world Apple and Pixar and changed the course of entertainment and computing for our generation and every generation to come.

6. stu00a macrumors member

7. jayo123456 thread starter macrumors regular

I used Windows for a good portion of my life .... if Bill Gates died, I don't think its significance would be near as SJ's death right now. Again, I'm not sure why.

Everyone uses Google everyday, if something happened to Eric Schmidt, would you really care that much? I don't think I would (no disrespect).

----------

are you talking to OP? did you read the first post?

8. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I care because he was a pretty cool guy. He was arrogant, but he got away with it because he was smart, charismatic, and had a knack for knowing what people wanted before they did. I'm not a fan of all his products, very few actually, but I am a fan of his brilliant leadership and ability to predict markets. I didn't always agree with his business practices, but I liked that he was ballsy enough to pull them off.

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

10. Captain America macrumors 6502

You do have a good point about Google. Although (at least in my opinion) he's not quite as well known as the giants that are Steve & Bill.

Think about it, this really goes for all people: If Brad Pitt suddenly died, everyone would be like "OMGWTFNOOO*cry*" but if someone like Ashley C. Williams died outta nowhere (she was the middle chick in Human Centipede) most people would be like "Well, that's a shame." and get over it nigh instantly.

Sure that's a pretty extreme example, but it's to make a point.

11. Zeonmx macrumors member

Lot of people would feel the same way if Bill Gates had died.

12. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Steve Jobs sort of was his products. He put so much of himself into them it was almost like we were interacting with him in a way. I loved his keynotes, I loved his one-word emails, and I heavily value the way he has changed the world, multiple times. He's an inspirational figure, and news of his death was particularly troublesome to me.

13. Zeonmx macrumors member

People will get over it after a week or so, as they always do.

Move on people.

14. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

speak for yourself. I'm not emotionally attached. All I did is watch a little bit of CNN on him and posted in this thread and now it's time to move on.

15. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

His company really revolutionized the way we do computers. For example Apple was the first to market with a GUI for consumer computers.

For me, he opened up a unique opportunity by letting the iPhone SDK become public, which helps indie developers like me have a shot at making it big with a unique game, something that simply cannot be done when working for a game company nowadays.

He was also very vocal about everything, you don't see that with many CEO's anymore. When Steve talked, everyone listened. He really knew what he was doing business wise, he knew how to get people excited about his companies products, and he was a stickler for quality. You don't find many people like him anymore.

----------

How about you move on from Macrumors? Steve meant a lot to a lot of people.

16. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I care because over the last few years I enjoyed every presentation he gave. He was a true innovator someone who I would have loved as a mentor.

17. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

He loved what he did, and it was quite evident in the craftsmanship of his products. I think we can all agree on that. Steve has been a leader on innovating; creating something new. Creating things that we didn't know we needed. How? by innovation. I think we're sad because we just lost, arguably, one of the best innovators of our time.

18. Zeonmx macrumors member

Aside from apple fanboys, exactly who?

Do enlighten me, brah.

19. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Biggest mistake you made. Don't feed the troll, just ignore.

20. Zeonmx macrumors member

A troll because I don't care that he died?

Surely, you jest.

21. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Charisma

Personally, one could draw a connection to Steve Jobs in a huge portion of my hobbies, learning and decisions.

22. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Honestly Steve Job has changed my life and so many others. I actually followed my dreams cause of the people at Apple. I couldn't see any other personal computer that fit my needs in so many ways than APple. I've used both platforms but Macs work for me. I think that Steve had something to do with all those little things that Apple has.

I'm not a fanboy. I'm a gadget head. I'm an artist with a vision. I think different.

23. Advil macrumors 6502a

Steve has inspired me in so many ways. The simplest of which is that because of him, I will never think "good" is good enough.

24. Pooshka macrumors 65816

OP, I think your thread title gets misconstrued by some people because of its imperfect formulation/syntax.

It sounds as if you were puzzled as to why the hell people even care that some Steve Jobs died.

Here's a better thread title: Express your opinion as to why you care about Steve Jobs' death (like no others').

25. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Any loss of life is sad !

This mans life and actions has impacted and will continue to impact on people's life's.

His achievements and company have put his name in stone into history and will be remembered throughout time by millions.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to Steves family.