Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jase718

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
New York, NY
My 6s plus and se are very comparable in terms of usage time. I comfortably get over 5-6 hours and have 30 percent battery remaining at the end of the night. Now when it comes to the 5s I would only get around 3 and a half hours and I would be down to 20 percent. Battery on the se is definitely a win.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Why not start posting battery screen shots? Get a vague idea of what people are experiencing. So far I've only seen one and it wasnt that impressive at all.

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
I just wish we could get an actual screen on time stat like Android....that paints a much better picture than "usage" time. I'll have my SE sometime next week and will probably hold on to my Note 5 for a bit and can compare the two. I'll be on vacation though so I'm not sure how much I will actually be using a phone.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
coming from a 6plus, battery life seems a lot worst. Wonder if i got a dud? Phone does run a bit warm seemingly at times for no rhyme or reason.
I don't know if it would have changed over a little time, as I had to return mine, but I noticed it running pretty warm as well.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I just wish we could get an actual screen on time stat like Android....that paints a much better picture than "usage" time. I'll have my SE sometime next week and will probably hold on to my Note 5 for a bit and can compare the two. I'll be on vacation though so I'm not sure how much I will actually be using a phone.

It still would be nice to compare to current iPhones. The only pic so far is ~7.5hrs of usage, I'm assuming that is a worst case scenario for the SE because it's less then I've ever gotten on my 6S.

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
While I agree that the Plus has great battery life, there are many phones that beat it, even from the big names. The new Galaxy phones, for example, are estimated to get 24+ hours of talk time. The S7 has about the same battery capacity as the 6S Plus, yet lasts longer when powering a higher resolution display. And other smartphones have been getting better battery life than the Plus since before the Plus even existed. Again, not saying that the Plus doesn't have great battery life, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it an industry standard. Battery life has always been a staple drawback on iPhones compared to other smartphones- all of us Apple fans just don't like to admit that. (Also kind of ironic when Apple touts some of the best battery life in the laptop market)

Do you have a source on the Galaxy S7 (non edge) beating the 6S? Not that I don't believe you, I just didn't find anything.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Here's mine from last night before I charged it.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 257

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
What? All other phones are measured against it? LOL.
Here: http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3 6S Plus is not even in TOP20.

Pretty funny to see the rankings...

Though Apple is perfectly capable of making a phone with crazy battery life if they weren't always balancing weight to features.

Especially so with the iPad...really wish for them to return to 13+ hrs battery life.

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
I've never heard of most of those phones. The 6s plus has perfectly capable battery life among the top selling phones.

I wouldnt trust everything you read on gsmarena , that site hasnt been relevant for years lol.
Nice back peddle after stating your subjective opinion about the Plus battery life is what all others are judged against, and then trying to pass that off as fact....you got called out and proven wrong, plain and simple. Remove your Apple blinders, own it, and move on. Shoot, my old Droid Mini would average 5 hours screen on time consistently....and it was running stock Moto Android.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Nice back peddle after stating your subjective opinion about the Plus battery life is what all others are judged against, and then trying to pass that off as fact....you got called out and proven wrong, plain and simple. Remove your Apple blinders, own it, and move on. Shoot, my old Droid Mini would average 5 hours screen on time consistently....and it was running stock Moto Android.

Posts like this really make me wonder why I bother coming on here. So many people on here are insanely aggressive. I don't think there was anything inaccurate in what the other user said, to be frank. A list of battery life on GSM Arena doesn't change the fact that most tech bloggers will automatically use iPhones as comparison when talking about battery life. So in that they are completely correct. They're also correct in saying that the 6s devices did very well amongst top end phones of the same caliber. So basically you're jumping all over them for no reason, as far as I can tell.

The constant back and forth on here is really tiring.

Reactions: ABC5S

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Battery life problems with iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, or iPhone 6s Plus? Here's the fix!
If your iPhone battery life isn't what you expected, here's how to troubleshoot!

iPhone SE is here and for 4-inch iPhone enthusiasts it might be the first upgrade in years. Thanks to the Apple A9 processor, it should also be one of the most powerful — and power efficient — phones on the market. In other words, you should get morebattery life than ever before. But, things can and do go wrong. If you have an iPhone SE or one of Apple's other iPhone models and your battery life isn't what you expected, here's what you can do about it!

Wait for it

Whether you restore from backup or set up as new, your new iPhone could expend up a lot of power downloading apps, games, mail, photos, and other content. That's because the Wi-Fi radio...

Reactions: ABC5S

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Posts like this really make me wonder why I bother coming on here. So many people on here are insanely aggressive. I don't think there was anything inaccurate in what the other user said, to be frank. A list of battery life on GSM Arena doesn't change the fact that most tech bloggers will automatically use iPhones as comparison when talking about battery life. So in that they are completely correct. They're also correct in saying that the 6s devices did very well amongst top end phones of the same caliber. So basically you're jumping all over them for no reason, as far as I can tell.

Did you not read his first comment directed at me? It was childish. "No offence, but I don't know where you have been since the release of the Plus".....and a simple look at my signature would show I have owned a Plus, or numerous posts in the past about my Plus. I work in a world of no BS and while I like my humor, knocking someone down a notch while sitting behind the comfort of their keyboard is weak at best. A lot of unchecked online statements, like his, translate much over into the real world interactions with people as many today lack any class and respect. It's sad.

Furthermore my fiancé's 6S was married to the charger. She was a loyal iOS user until that phone. We even swapped it out with another 6S and the same results. For the first time, during her 6S ownership, I heard her say, I miss Android. I know I know, a sample of one. But none the less, she got the Galaxy S7 and has been absolutely thrilled. I however love both OS's and can call a spade a spade w/out the loyalty to a certain OS or brand b/c while I pour out large amounts of money for these products, I have no stake in whether they succeed or fail.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

zombiecakes

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2012
almost 48 hours since last recharge and still 45%, been using it a decent amount to install apps and config, brightness at around 70%. Once the honeymoon period wears off I'll probably get 5 days on a single charge since I dont use the phone much (which is why I like smaller).

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Did you not read his first comment directed at me? It was childish. "No offence, but I don't know where you have been since the release of the Plus".....and a simple look at my signature would show I have owned a Plus, or numerous posts in the past about my Plus. I work in a world of no BS and while I like my humor, knocking someone down a notch while sitting behind the comfort of their keyboard is weak at best. A lot of unchecked online statements, like his, translate much over into the real world interactions with people as many today lack any class and respect. It's sad.

I don't follow your logic. Knocking someone down while sitting behind the comfort of a keyboard is weak, but it's okay for you to make jibes about 'Apple blinkers'? Your comment was just as bad.

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
almost 48 hours since last recharge and still 45%, been using it a decent amount to install apps and config, brightness at around 70%. Once the honeymoon period wears off I'll probably get 5 days on a single charge since I dont use the phone much (which is why I like smaller).

That's impressive. I always had good battery life with my 5 and 5S's that I owned. Can't wait til the big brown truck drops off my SE. It's crazy that all of these companies keep putting this ridiculous resolution screens in their phones and killing their battery life. To me, as a tech junkie, they're focusing on the wrong things. Samsung is starting to get the hang of it, and it appears Apple too. Smaller screen or less resolution, larger battery, and not so thin. Less bezel space is a plus also.
[doublepost=1459626403][/doublepost]
I don't follow your logic. Knocking someone down while sitting behind the comfort of a keyboard is weak, but it's okay for you to make jibes about 'Apple blinkers'? Your comment was just as bad.

Respect is given as it is earned. A random person on the internet just used childish statements as a dig towards me. At that point, the gloves come off. I treat my inmates the same way. But regardless, plenty of people called him out on his statement, so at this point I guess it is moot.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011

Take a chill pill...I don't think he was being harsh. Ymmv...

JemiS

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2015
Yes, screen on time.

That sounds pretty similar to mine.

I'm on my second day since charging after I set it up, 4 hours screen on time and 32 hours stand-by, and I'm at 40% battery remaining.

This will very easily be a "2 full day" phone once it settles in.

Reactions: Qbnkelt

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
I think cableguy84 is right. So far everyone here is saying that the SE battery life is better than the 6S+, but the only screenshots we saw here are showing 7-8 hours of battery life with ~25-30 hours of standby. No offense but I can do almost the same with my one year old iPhone 6.

The 6+ and 6S+ are known to be able to reach more than 12 hours of usage with like 40 hours of standby.

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
That's impressive. I always had good battery life with my 5 and 5S's that I owned. Can't wait til the big brown truck drops off my SE. It's crazy that all of these companies keep putting this ridiculous resolution screens in their phones and killing their battery life. To me, as a tech junkie, they're focusing on the wrong things. Samsung is starting to get the hang of it, and it appears Apple too. Smaller screen or less resolution, larger battery, and not so thin. Less bezel space is a plus also.
[doublepost=1459626403][/doublepost]

Respect is given as it is earned. A random person on the internet just used childish statements as a dig towards me. At that point, the gloves come off. I treat my inmates the same way. But regardless, plenty of people called him out on his statement, so at this point I guess it is moot.

My original statement might have been slightly off. But the iPhone is arguably the most well known electronics product across the world, and therefore people will always look to compare other devices with it. So i dont think i was wrong in saying other devices are measured against it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.