Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betazero

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2013
magic mouse sucks

As far as I have seen Apple has not made a good mouse. The only use for magic mouse is to browse the internet for a few minutes then read a page without touching the mouse. Its NOT good for any extended use because your hand will hurt. They need to give up on how pretty it is and make it fit a hand. The logitech mouse fits the hand and its not bad looking. If they made the mouse using white plastic and aluminum it would look nice and it would not just collect dust in some drawer and actually be used. I have like 4 of them and they just sit in a drawer. I use the trackpad more. Its actually more useful. I think the problem is that Apple actually thinks people like them...

50voltphantom

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
I just picked up my first Magic Mouse this weekend and while I totally understand it's not the most ergonomic mouse ever made, I really like it so far.

his brings up another question; why does it seem like Apple are the only ones who've managed to nail Bluetooth connectivity for mice and keyboards? It seems like almost no one even makes them, and the ones that are out there are flaky at best. My Apple keyboard and Magic Trackpad have been flawless but almost every other manufacturer requires a USB transmitter.

hi-q

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2013
Really hate it

I've been using the mouse for about a month, it felt very uncomfortable in the beginning, and still feels exactly like that. Too small for my hand, and after some intensive audio-editing I can feel pain in my wrist.

I also often do wrong middle-clicks and right-clicks, also wrong gestures sometimes (due to accidental touches).

But what I hate most is how hard it moves across my desk's surface, while just about any other mouse in the world would do that (and many mice did) smoothly and effortlessly. That's so ridiculous. Battery life is not a concern at all for me, but this surface thing really drives me nuts. And the device is kinda heavy, which I guess contributes to moving difficulties too.

I guess I eventually will go for something usable, like Microsoft or Logitech.

weezin

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2012
I have a love/hate relationship with mine.

I love all of the gestures that you can use on it, and I believe they are genuinely useful.

Having said that, I find the shape to be a challenge. It looks great, but doesn't feel great.

Does anyone know if you can use the Microsoft Touch Mouse with gestures on a Mac? It looks a bit more ergonomic and seems to have much of the same functionality on a PC. http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-3KJ...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1317432382&pf_rd_i=507846

antillus

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2014
Seattle, WA and Halifax, NS
I think mines possessed

I have had this mouse for quite a while now..and am still not sure whether i should clean it with wet wipes doused in Holy Water or just submit it for exorcism.

While moving the mouse about the mousepad, the finder and browser windows keep flicking left and right..Not all the way left and right, but just enough so that trying to click a button turns into whack-a-mole, just with much more swearing and cursing. Thats no matter how carefully i try and position it (and I mean come on, no mouse should require one to need an engineering degree and a career in Cirque du Soleil).

Most of my problems come when trying to click on a button. I click and then in an instant the finder window/browser starts to wobble around like jelly and the cursor ends up pressing buttons I had never intended for it to. Scrolling is inconsistent and jerky and sometimes it just has a runaway scroll or randomly opens another window.. It acts suspiciously like a computer virus to be honest.

I keep promising myself to get rid of it, but then I remember what it cost and my heart just sinks.

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Can't say I've ever enjoyed the Magic Mouse.
As it's been said, it doesn't feel like it was ever made for a hand to use comfortably. It's too low.
However the gestures are great and useful. That's why I enjoy the Trackpad so much more.
My plan is to get the Bluetooth keyboard, Trackpad and Twelvesouth Magic wand and setting up a 32" TV to plug into for Netflix and such.

antillus

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2014
Seattle, WA and Halifax, NS
I just picked up my first Magic Mouse this weekend and while I totally understand it's not the most ergonomic mouse ever made, I really like it so far.

his brings up another question; why does it seem like Apple are the only ones who've managed to nail Bluetooth connectivity for mice and keyboards? It seems like almost no one even makes them, and the ones that are out there are flaky at best. My Apple keyboard and Magic Trackpad have been flawless but almost every other manufacturer requires a USB transmitter.

I find Apple's bluetooth works very well with other Apple bluetooth devices, but once you add a non-Apple OEM bluetooth keyboard or similar, its a genuine pain.

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
My university got a bunch of these things for the computer labs. I can't stand it. As far as I'm concerned, it's designed to solve problems that don't exist and manages to create problems that never previously existed. It seems like they made it a touch device just for the sake of being a touch device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.