Why is EVERYONE Getting the Gold iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raris, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Raris macrumors member

I just don't understand? Under certain light it looks like the silver one??? Plus the gold ring around the home button, looks awful!

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

You know whats funny? On launch day when I got my phone at the apple store, I went around playing with all the display models, and I walked up to the guy and asked where the gold one was. He said it was right next to the silver. I went back and looked and it was! I couldnt even tell the difference in the store with those bright lights andhow crowded it was lol.

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

eh... people like what they like.

I figure some liked the idea to begin with, others just wanted a change and aren't that excited about it one way or the other, and some just want to have something they perceive to be rare and exotic, because, well... it's human nature.

:)

I'm not a big fan of it, either. I don't like gold stuff in general, though.

ETA: I think if they'd done it in Rose Gold I might've bought it for the novelty. Just not a yellow gold fan. Oh... green gold. I love that, too.

(Tim Cook likes to follow me around the internet and see what I like)

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Is a fad. Remember those gold car emblems? don't see them anymore do we.

5. averlus macrumors regular

6. j1an macrumors newbie

Cause it's a new color and people go crazy for a new iPhone every year

7. Raris thread starter macrumors member

And the funny thing is...I am seeing more men getting the gold one, than Female! I thought it was being marketed towards the ladies? odd.

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Ah Great, you just turned it into one of those threads about white phones for girls, yadda yadda.

9. Bowsa2511 macrumors regular

10. SumYoungGai macrumors 6502a

11. richard371 macrumors 68000

Because its new and different. Gold does nothing for me unless its real and in a safe :). There are a lot of people that like it on their phone, around their neck, and in their mouth. Just not me.

12. pittpens85 macrumors newbie

That is a really good Question...I don't get it either... To each his own I guess... I am waiting on my Space Gray one to arrive!

13. Ann P macrumors 68020

Personal preference.

Same here! Seen a lot of males with the gold.

14. Akack macrumors 6502a

15. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i think it's more so because it's a new colour for the iPhone model.

remember when all white came out and everyone wanted it? same thing..

16. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Had black since 3GS. Just wanted to try white. I like the way the gold looks.

17. VinoGrande macrumors member

18. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Tell ya what, I had the same experience in the store, count tell which was which from more than 5' away. Until you get up close they look the same.

Also the gold is subtle of course, but under certain lightning conditions it is very flashy. Take for example sunrise or sunset the gold turns into a darker shade and looks shiny as hell.

19. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Because different people like different things? Why is that hard to understand for some people.

20. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

/thread.

Let's all go home.

21. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

This.

22. AFDoc macrumors 68030

More important question is why do you care how another person spends their money. PLUS it may come as a surprise... I know this will sound crazy as your opinion is the only one that matters in the world.... Other people like other things!! I know, it's nuts but it's true.

Why do you feel this? I never saw any specific commercial video or print that would suggest this.

23. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Different AND a nice color combination. After a string of black iPhones for me, I was going to keep my black 5. Then started rethinking my choice after seeing the white/gold combination. (But I will say, my impulse to change is waining the longer it takes for stock to show up locally, and I have 5 local stores to choose from!)

24. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

I bought it because I liked it. Just like you and others wanted something else. Not hard to understand at all. And yes, as someone else asked, why would you care about another stranger choice ? Good grief, another one of these threads.