Why is it so hard to get excited for the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iClone, Aug 14, 2016.

1. iClone macrumors regular

I notice it's getting harder and harder to get excited about the new iPhone launches. Why do you think it is? Are we just to spoiled by all the great technology? Or has Apple really failed to innovate ?

2. entropi macrumors 6502

The iPhone 6S 2/iPhone 7 lacks a headphone port, that's why! :cool:

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Well aside from all the rumors, let's wait until the Key Note in a few weeks, then determine if your excited or not. I look forward to upgrading personally.

4. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

I think people are waking up and realizing instead of waiting for the amazing tech which has been there for years but people are addicted or "can't leave " the iOS ecosystem.

5. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

I and many others have jumped ship recently, maybe the iPhone 8 will bring me back.

6. widgeteer macrumors 65816

Boredom. All of these phones do the same stuff. When the Galaxy Note 7 was announced, there was a wave of "meh" in the Android community. There is nothing that interesting in phone tech at this point. They're all powerful, great screens, great cameras, etc, etc.

7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Maybe you're just growing up, it is just a phone after all. Yeah the newest version always has another feature which is nice, but it has never been a big deal if your current phone works.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I buy an iPhone because I like the way it looks. Technology is great, but as long as I can do certain things, having the best, bleeding edge 'stuff' doesn't really do it for me.

The new 7 looks a lot like the old 6 series. I already have a 6s+ with parts that I think are fugly. I don't need double fugly with that hugely fugly camera bump so I will stick to my 6s+.

I rather doubt the new 7 is going to innovate the phone call, text message or email. And unless there's something new there my 6s+ can make phone calls, do text messaging and email so I really don't see why getting an uglier phone is going to benefit me.

9. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

I am excited, looking forward to (allegedly) AUX-less, secondary speaker-less new phone.

10. iClone, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

iClone thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure a lot of people are going to be upset about the new iPhone if it doesn't have the headphone port.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 14, 2016 ---
    I currently have the iPhone 6 Plus and I'm very happy with it. But I would really like to upgrade to something If it entices me.

I just remember being so much more excited about all the rumors and the upcoming iPhone releases.

11. griss0r macrumors newbie

griss0r

No headphone jack = no problem
    No more double antenna lines = yay
    possible space black = wanted since 2 years when the 6 came out

Wait for the key note and you'll see a lot more people will buy it

12. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

The quailty of the camera I think could be exciting.

13. ARizz44, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

I think it is the fact that expectations have exceeded capabilities. I can tell you that I am not necessarily overwhelmed by the rumors of the forth-coming iPhones, yet at the same time, I am not sure what exactly would be needed to change that. How much more can companies really do with phones? The Note 7 is being said to be way advanced compared to the iPhone 6S let alone the yet to be announced 7, yet, compared to the Note 5 is it really that big of an advancement? I bet there are Note 5 users going "gee, this is all they could come up with in a year?".
    For me to be somewhat excited, I would like:
    - a new design (not happening)
    - second speaker (allegedly not happening)
    - increased display resolution (likely not happening with OLED next year)
    - a dual camera on the 4.7" (not happening)
    - highly water resistant (likely not happening)
    - less bezel (not happening)

Those are for the most part things I could get on a current android phone. But I prefer iOS. So in essence, there are things that Apple could do to excite me. But they likely won't happen. Thus, I am not excited. And if those things do happen come 2017.....I really don't know what would excite me after that.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'm still excited.. but the days of iPhone launches like it was in 2010 are long gone..

15. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Water resistant it will be it seems as I doubt waterproof ever happens

16. apps7 Suspended

here is why i'm not exited this yrs

1 - no new design
    2 - no oled or 4k screen
    3 - no black color or slate
    4 - no wireless charing
    5 - no water resistant
    6 - no anti ban
    7 - no battery extended = 4,5 hour max
    8 - no ios 10 like i wish

oh my alot stuff not sucess ,,,,,,, apple kind suk today ..............

my money ready for note 7 , seriusly.............. upload_2016-8-14_16-35-54.jpeg

17. trifid macrumors 65816

trifid

Because Apple has slowed down innovating significantly. Look at the iPhone 6, it was Apple catching up to offering a bigger smartphone, something Samsung already was doing.

Same situation now, Samsung is already ahead providing inductive charging, OLED, 32gb base, waterproofing, superior low-light camera, larger battery, curved screens, VR.

Apple is severely behind, in part to maximize profits, which seems to be a higher priority than innovating. Look at the 32gb base, Apple is practically the last big manufacturer to make it accessible to customers, all because of greed.

18. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

You just listed everything that will be on the iPhone 8 next year...

19. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

I highly doubt it. Apple will not jump to 4K they haven't done 2K yet.

20. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 68000

Cutiekitty92

I have always been excited about any Apple launches and I will continue to do so! Bring on the iPhone 7 launch! :D

21. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Personally, I'm waiting for the galaxy S8 to be shown next year. Just to see what Samsung can deliver that Apple cannot :) Again :D

22. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

"Why is it hard to get excited for this year's iPhone" is a simple question to answer. The rumor mill spat out things we quickly decided we're bad and this year has been written off before we even see the device.

Apple controlled media my rear.

23. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

If Phil Schiller can actually sell the Iphone 7, would he qualify for an Oscar?

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

Internet or TV was also something exciting in the early days, but it's all essentially just taken for granted for some time now.

25. mlody macrumors 6502a

if you had Galaxy s6, there is also barely anything to get excited about when it comes to galaxy s7; heck even if you had s5, the jump to s7 is not all that great either, so yeah, this just shows that phones in general are not all the exciting.