Why is this on Page 1?

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
Someone remind me again how this is even remotely news? This ad was on the back cover of the New York Times Magazine last Sunday.

Thanks for nothing.

williamsonrg

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2004
Denver, CO
Someone remind me again how this is even remotely news? This ad was on the back cover of the New York Times Magazine last Sunday.

Thanks for nothing.
Amen, brother. I saw this on my issue of Newsweek too, and somehow managed to resist the urge to submit it to a news/rumors site.

I've never once complained about what's considered "news" on here, but this has got to take the cake.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004

Thanks for nothing.
Amen, brother. I saw this on my issue of Newsweek too, and somehow managed to resist the urge to submit it to a news/rumors site.

I've never once complained about what's considered "news" on here, but this has got to take the cake.
macrumors has posted an article on just about every single Apple ad. whether it was for the iPod or Macs. its of interest to some, and their ads are usually outside of the norm in some way. granted not all of them. but some.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
you guys need to chill out :)

People love Apple ads, unboxing photos and dissassembly photos. It's really out of my hands. :)

arn

caliguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Guys stop complaining. It's not a big deal to see an extra news story. It is true that it's on loads of other magazines as well, though. It has a nice, elegant look.

timmypv15

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Yeah I also saw this ad on the back of the new York times the day after iPhones were released (30th) I wanted to keep it but it got thrown away

Gators Fan

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2007
Here, There, & Everywhere
"Touch," as in. . .

"The Lord touched my soul in a mysterious way," or
"Mommy, that boy touched me down there!", or
"I was touched by the awesome beauty of her face," or
"Tease me, touch me, make me write bad checks!" or
"You have to be a little bit touched in the head to get excited over a cell phone ad in a magazine."

:rolleyes:

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State

Thanks for nothing.
Maybe some of us do not care to read the NY Times, or its off-spring. :p Considering the vast amount of (sometimes) questionable things posted here, this seem pretty benign and will probably only gain longevity by posts like yours.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007

Thanks for nothing.
someone remind me again why people complain about the type or quality or accuracy of content published from a place called Mac Rumors?

What journalistic standard do you supose they should be held to?

I would imagine that while a large majority of visitors come here to get the latest on Apple related rumor and news, those same people enjoy reading anything related to Apple wether its late breaking news or not.

If you want fair and balanced, unbiased news you should try CNN.

Oh and yes I am fully aware that i put the word CNN in the same sentence as fair, balanced, and unbiased but I am heavily medicated at the time of this posting :p