Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
someone remind me again why people complain about the type or quality or accuracy of content published from a place called Mac Rumors?

What journalistic standard do you supose they should be held to?

1. Clear identification of hard news.
2. Post-facto analysis of rumor sources to the point some become more trusted over time than others.
3. Concatination of various sources onto one site so comparisons and an overview can be achieved.

Rocketman

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Don't forget...

"Touch," as in. . .

"The Lord touched my soul in a mysterious way," or
"Mommy, that boy touched me down there!", or
"I was touched by the awesome beauty of her face," or
"Tease me, touch me, make me write bad checks!" or
"You have to be a little bit touched in the head to get excited over a cell phone ad in a magazine."

:rolleyes:

Janet Weiss: (rhymes with "Ellen Feiss")
I'll put up no resistance
I want to stay the distance
I've got an itch to scratch
I need assistance
Touch-a touch-a touch-a touch me
I wanna be dirty

Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me
Creature of the night​

http://www.rockymusic.org/lyricscat/rocky-horror/#111

Rod76

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2006
As a long time (1978) satisfied Apple customer and an AAPL share holder I, for one, am very interested how Apple and its products are presented and perceived.

Glad to see this reported...

Please download the Annual Report, This whole iPhone thing is way past tiresome. I love Apple as much as the next MacRumors “Zealot,” but I want to see something other than another iPhone story on page 1!

tveric

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
#1 Why is this considered Page One News on Mac Rumors?

#2 What's with the crazy over-moderation on this site? I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. And that includes sites whose forums are filled with more well-informed posts. Like Slashdot, for one, which has an entire Apple section. I find myself going there more and more.

Of course, I'm sure this post will be censored because I mentioned another website and didn't say how great this one was. Oh my!

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Turns out, when you get to the coast line of America the world doesn't end. (Who'd have thought it, eh?)

As I'm not in America I ain't seen it, and now I have. This makes me happy.

Thanks MR. :)

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
You have to be kidding me,

I understand macrumours providing coverage of the iphone but a Front Page rumour story is that there is a ad in a paper for the iphone???

Doesnt iphone have its own page for these things so why not put it there its hardly a mac rumour!

MacRumours has gone to the extent to create a top level page (something which has never been done for a apple product)........

use it! surely we dont want the story in 15 places just one will do

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I cannot believe there is a thread whining about an Apple ad story, if you don't like it don't read it, now if there was a story about the differences between the Newsweek and National Geographic ad's :rolleyes:.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I don't like the ad. But folk like them so *shrug*. Just doesn't seem as creative as the iPod adverts.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
#1 Why is this considered Page One News on Mac Rumors?

Like it or not, Apple ads have always been front-page news. This has been true for years. (iPod Ads, Get a Mac ads, iPhone Ads, Superbowl Ads etc...).

#2 What's with the crazy over-moderation on this site?

News threads are for the discussion of that news item. Competely off-topic posts on news threads are deleted ("first post!"), related but still off-topic threads are split ("why is this on page 1").

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
MacRumours has gone to the extent to create a top level page (something which has never been done for a apple product)........

I think you underestimate the significance of the iPhone, in the grand scheme.

MacRumors = Apple News and Rumors. It's been true for 7 years. If you want MacBook or Mac Pro only news, you can visit:

http://macpro.macrumors.com/
http://macbookpro.macrumors.com/

I'm tired of making excuses. I know some people don't care about the iPhone, but 50% of people don't care about the MacBook, or the Mac Pro but that doesn't mean we are going to stop reporting on them. iPhone is a big part of what Apple's doing, and will be news for months/years to come. If you want a Mac-only news site, you can use those subsections... but you'll be hard pressed to find an Apple-related site that is not covering the iPhone.

I guarantee you we'll be sick of Leopard stories the weeks surrounding Leopard's release. This is how news works.

arn

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
I think you underestimate the significance of the iPhone, in the grand scheme.

MacRumors = Apple News and Rumors. It's been true for 7 years. If you want MacBook or Mac Pro only news, you can visit:

http://macpro.macrumors.com/
http://macbookpro.macrumors.com/

I'm tired of making excuses. I know some people don't care about the iPhone, but 50% of people don't care about the MacBook, or the Mac Pro but that doesn't mean we are going to stop reporting on them. iPhone is a big part of what Apple's doing, and will be news for months/years to come. If you want a Mac-only news site, you can use those subsections... but you'll be hard pressed to find an Apple-related site that is not covering the iPhone.

I guarantee you we'll be sick of Leopard stories the weeks surrounding Leopard's release. This is how news works.

arn

Amen.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I appreciated the post because I hadn't seen the ad yet, and I enjoy seeing all of Apple's ads. Also, as has been stated, the World doesn't end on the East or West coast of the United States. There are plenty of folks from other countries on this forum, so I'm sure some of those folks appreciated it as well.

If you don't like it then don't read it and move on. Simple as that.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Turns out, when you get to the coast line of America the world doesn't end. (Who'd have thought it, eh?)

As I'm not in America I ain't seen it, and now I have. This makes me happy.

Thanks MR. :)

exactly what i was thinking, being in scotland.. which is neither in london, nor kentucky :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.