Why iTunes 9 Sucks...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by veo321, Sep 10, 2009.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

Ok So like most of us I was so excited when I saw how awesome iTunes 9 interface was! It looks amazing and everything!!! Anyways heres when I was ready to go back to iTunes 8... So even though it hasnt been out for long it has A TON OF BUGS! #1 I can't update my apps it says "an error occured" link>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/42383458@N06/3907926628/
    anyways It also froze and exited out a lot almost like it magically force quit its self! I have had my library completely mixed so on and so forth. Here is a link to people who had similar problems. >>http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2152025&tstart=30
    :apple: just switch back to iTunes 8 and wait for a update :apple: :mad:

2. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

3. trip1ex macrumors 68000

Problems with syncing my ipod through my aluminum keyboard ports now.

Mouse would freeze when I did that. Mouse is also connected to keyboard.

Got it work with Mouse plugged into back of my iMac.

Today though it happened again and the problem seemed to go away when I plugged the Ipod into the back of the iMac instead.

4. celticpride678

Actually, don't know what's going on with you, but mine takes up so much less RAM than iTunes 8 and is faster.

5. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

Less than 50mb?

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Hmm, so you were expecting no bugs at first and then more bugs to appear the longer it was out?

7. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

I have experienced zero problems so far with the new iTunes. Does that mean iTunes doesn't suck?

8. KilGil27 macrumors regular

KilGil27

holy **** itunes 9 is so frustrating. Every time I try to do anything that requires interacting with my iphone, itunes will freeze for a good 20 seconds before doing anything. Backing up, syncing, searching through music on the phone, transferring music, ANYTHING. so annyoning. It's to the point were I can't even use itunes when my phone is plugged in. How do I go back to itunes 8?

9. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Mine reads 38MB Real Mem and 44MB Virtual Mem in the Activity Monitor.

I honestly didn't see what it used before. I have 4 Gigs of RAM and I've yet to ever "run out" even working with Photoshop CS4. One of those things I just don't think about anymore.

10. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It would be great if one day Apple would quit bloating its software and make things as snappy as Safari. There is absolutely no reason for a media player to take so much time to start.

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it's pretty damn fast for me... :confused:

13. Tearabite macrumors regular

Tearabite

Zero problems issues or complaints here.. Very low suckage level..

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It's not fast enough until it launches faster than Safari.

15. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

16. Gaelic2 macrumors 6502

EVERYTHING sucks with many people. I sometimes wonder what else do they have working at the same time in the way of plug-ins etc. Mine works just fine and so did my iMac24 after loading OS 10.6 and again after 10.6.1. There are those who will bitch about everything. On the other hand, there are many, probably the majority, that will willingly help dummies like me with the occasional problem I get myself into. This is a great forum, just discount the malcontents.;)

17. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

Agreed. iTunes 9 takes up a minimum of 50mb of ram (as did itunes 8). It loads fairly quick and all, but the ram/cpu usage should go down significantly. Apple really should invest some time into making a very clean, simple, standalone mp3 player for OS X which isnt hindered by all the crap that comes with itunes (ipod, movies, iphone, genius, music store, apps store, iTV, etc).

It should really be something like winamp. Small, light and blistering fast.

For now, I'm eagerly waiting for Vox to come out with a library support (hopefully using the iTunes library). Once it does, im never using iTunes ever again;

www.voxapp.net

[​IMG]

18. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

The problem I experienced is that when I connected my iPhone it said it wasn't recogized and needed to be authorized or everything on it would be deleted. Well, I authorized it. Unfortunately it took up one of my authorizations.

19. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

iTunes opens up in about 1 second for me. Are you running iTunes 9 on a iMac G3???

Also, does it really matter how much memory Activity Monitor says that iTunes is using? If you never looked at it, you'd probably not notice anything different.

20. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

I am also running 10.6.1 and yes there are, but be considerate and go find someone else's form to "bitch about" :p

21. adversus macrumors regular

adversus

iTunes 9 opens and runs just fine for me on 10.6. In fact I noticed that it seems speedier in general (searching, scrolling lists, browsing in cover flow, etc.).

22. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

Yes, not everyone is graced to have 6, or 8, or 16gb of ram on their computers. While those that have less, may want to allocate more ram into other more crucial applications, like Photoshop. Those of us who have more will be allocating it to other applications as well, and when CS5 comes out with 64bit capability, im setting Photoshop to the MAXIMUM allowed. Thats why i'm anal about memory usage, and CPU usage. Less is more.

Also, the only way iTunes is going to load in 1 second is if youve got SSD drives installed, because the first time you run itunes, it takes a lot more than 1 second to load. Loading it a second time is 1 second, but you have to remember its pre-cached.

23. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

A simple Music Library app should take half as long as Safari to open. It doesn't. I'm running iTunes 9 on a current generation Macbook Pro and it feels slower than it should. I shouldn't notice any lag, and pictures should scroll smoothly and load instantly without me ever seeing a black placeholder box.

Maybe I just have too high of hopes.

24. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Yep, I think you do. If you want a simple application that just plays music, iTunes is not the way to go.

I actually really enjoy using iTunes and I've never had any problems with it. Every once in a while, it might lag, but that's not often. Also, the 1 second that it takes to open up is not an "issue" for me.

No, it usually loads in about 1 second for me even the first time on my 24" iMac (mid 2007). I can take a stop watch out tonight and time it... it could be 1.2 seconds or something. :D