Why no one buying the regular 7???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by retroboomin, Sep 23, 2016.

1. retroboomin macrumors regular

seems like I'm the only one on the forum that orderd the 7. Idk how he plus got so popular this year.

Isn't it a hassle to use with one hand? I mean it's bigger the note...

2. krishmk macrumors 6502

I have 7 and it works for me.
    I do not like the size of 7+ as I am not inclined to increase the size of pockets on my pants.

3. retroboomin thread starter macrumors regular

I haven't seen the keynote so I may be wrong but isn't the only Benifit of the duel cam is to 2x zoom instantly and blur the background?

Seem like a waste of money unless the pics come out actually clearer/more vibrant..

4. Gooberton macrumors 65816

I'm fine with one hand, once you get the plus you see why it's so popular. I would return yours and try the plus. I could never go back. Best part is the screen is 401ppi vs 326ppi and battery much better

5. Baseball Mike macrumors regular

Baseball Mike

Regular 7 here. Waiting for AT&T to ship my JB. The 7 is perfect size for me

6. retroboomin thread starter macrumors regular

I'll have jump on demand and jump to a 7 plus whenever it's available in store. I personally like the size of the s7 best

Perfect size but I'll give the plus a go in a few months

7. clarencek macrumors member

I had a 7 for a week. Until they get the battery life sorted out the 7+ was a no brainer. I can't be by a charger all day.
    It's a shame because I think the 7 is a better phone.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

The 'blur the background' effect, also known as bokeh, is actually quite a big deal, especially for a smartphone. Its only a matter of time until 3rd party apps figure out other unique ways of using both cameras. Its also an optical zoom, not just a digital, which means much sharper photos at 2x.

9. joelb727 macrumors regular

7JB here. Went from 6+ to 7. While i liked the big screen, i would always complain about how i wished i could use it better one-handed. Had the 7 since launch. So far, I'm happy. My wife stuck with the 7+ as she loves the bigger phone.

10. Vihzel macrumors 6502

I have the 7 in Matte Black. The 7+ is way too big for my taste, especially since I often will use the phone one-handed. That's very impractical for me with the 7+. Plus, adding a case onto the 7+ would add even more bulk.

11. Braddrum macrumors 6502

Braddrum

7 plus is a great size for me. The double touch on the home button to bring everything down the screen makes it useable with one hand too.

12. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

13. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Wanted the dual camera but not the size, iPhone 7 in matte black this round

14. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

It's 2016 almost 2017 life for anyone under 19 is ALL Social Media Twitter, Snapchat Kik, Periscope, Instagram you name it. And The Experience of these Apps is simply better on a bigger device. 83% Of buyers Under the age of 25 Buy an iPhone 6s Plus or an iPhone 7 Plus. 2016 will be the first time the Plus model outsells the smaller model.

Also note: the Galaxy S7 is physically smaller than the iPhone 7 4.7" But since it has Less Bezels manages to fit a 5.0 inch OLED Display in a smaller phone. So the regular 7 is just bigger due to poor design. And it lacks the iPhone 7 Iconic Feature the Dual Camera.

15. quickcalibre macrumors regular

quickcalibre

16. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Jeez, I can't even use the non-plus models with one hand. Some of you guys must have really long thumbs.

17. Vihzel macrumors 6502

Or maybe you're the one with really tiny hands :p

18. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

There is an iPhone with a Duel camera?

19. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

The "blur the background effect" is a function of depth of field - the area (front to back) of a photograph that is in focus. This decreases with a wider aperture, which the iPhone 7 plus has. It also decreases with increased focal length, which the telephoto lens provides.

Bokeh refers to the *quality* of the out of focus area.

20. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I like my 7 and 6S and 6. Just can't get into the inconvenience of the size when you just need to use the phone for quick stuff where one hand is needed. I do think that if I could get used to it that I would love more screen. I think the 7 the perfect size they just need to get rid of the bezel in return for more screen

21. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Yes, they like I fight each other ⚔️

22. RIPstevejobs macrumors regular

would never wanna carry around the goofy ass plus size.

23. Bacos macrumors newbie

Went from a 6 to a 7+. I thought the plus size was ridiculous when they came out. I've changed my tune. I love the bigger screen and even though I have small hands I do not find it cumbersome to use. I cannot see ever going back to a smaller phone.