Why such hate for Verizon on here?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Olivia23, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

For me, I have tried all networks (At&t, Verizon, Sprint, tmobile) and for me, none have come close to Verizons network. Where I live all except for verizon either would not connect at all (sprint), or was on edge network (At&t tmobile). Verizon was only one that I could get 3g where I live (NC), and places I visited.

I kept switching back and forth from At&t to Verizon because I loved the iPhone, but hated At&t network. I kept getting dropped calls, no service, etc. so I finally sold my iPhone 4 on ebay and went back to Verizon for the Droid X. Now while I really like my Droid X, it does not even compare to the iPhone, and now that Verizon has officially announced the iPhone, I will do everything I can to get it.

Now what I don't understand is this is supposed to be a forum for the mac products, so why is everyone bashing Verizon and making people like me feel like I have to defend it just because they are better for me. I know on here all you hear is they are not getting it etc., but now they have announced it, all I hear is that they cannot wait for Verizon to be crippled by iPhone users. Why is that?

It is a fact that Verizon users use more date on their Android devices that iPhone users do on At&t, so Verizon ought to be able to handle it. Also they offer unlimited data which At&t doesn't. That was one of the reasons I switched back to Verizon because whenever I was on vacation or visiting family for a few days, and I would use my iPhone on At&t, I would ALWAYS go over their data plan, and yes, I had the highest plan, so that was another reason I switched back to Verizon.

I'm hoping that in the future, there will not be so much Verizon bashing on here, and we can just talk about the iPhone which is how it should be on this iPhone forum, not At&t forum.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Because believe it or not, some people have no problem with AT&T and have had problems with Verizon.

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Try using 50GB of data, and tell me what "unlimited" means then.

4. Olivia23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I know that, but most people on here are putting down others because they want to switch. It should not be like that on here. Like I said earlier, Verizon is what works for ME, not everyone on here.

Wow, such hate on here. I see now why I left.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Exactly and besides, you wont be able to surf the web or check your email or texts during a phone call... it's a step backwards

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Lack of threads such as ... my PC has specs over the moon ... when will Apple catch up? :cool:

7. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

I think all mobile carriers suck. AT&T's suckiness is minimal enough to not bother me as much as, say, Sprint.

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Key words in red. It's called personal preference

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Maybe its the thousands of threads saying how great everything will be when the iPhone comes to Verizon.:rolleyes:

10. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

I'd be surprised if Apple didn't require voice/data simultaneously from Verizon. Seems like a major interface issue, and Apple's pretty damn anal about interface issues.

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I wouldn't call it hate if someone doesn't like somethin. I have no experience with VZ so I can't and won't comment on their service. I've had AT&T for a few years now and I've ported out a couple of times trying to obtain cheaper service only to come running back to AT&T. If VZ is what works for you and AT&T is what works for me then that's what it is.

12. Zerase macrumors member

Zerase

This.

13. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

Well, they just answered this in the Q&A. CDMA as a network doesn't allow simultaneous voice/data. So, one thing that'll suck about the Verizon iPhone.

14. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

don't forget their crappy network :)

15. thoryamaha919 macrumors member

I have had nothing but bad experiences in the Verizon stores and with all the phones that I have ever owned. The store emplottees made me feel as if I knew nothing at all about electronics and would always give me the run around about the policies. So in turn I had to make the switch to AT&T and I haven't looked back since. I've had never had to call about anything or go into the store for anything so fir me AT&T is the perfect fit for me

16. sidefx macrumors regular

Wait till they call customer service and rather than getting help from some one in Texas its "Tom" from India....

17. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Lol I'm not seeing any hate for Verizon on here.

In fact, Verizon has always referred to as "the carrier that works" when people are complaining about AT&T, so it will be interesting to see if they still feel that way.

For me, I live in NYC and have so many issues with AT&T, but I'll probably wait until June to see what's in store before switching.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I don't hate Verizon. I just don't need Verizon as ATT is serving me well.

Some people just can't grasp that there are millions of iPhone users doing just fine on ATT.

I'm actually glad that the iPhone is now on Verizon. Now instead of making a bunch redundant threads on how much ATT sucks for you and how it should suck for the rest of us too, people can just shut the hell up and switch to Verizon.

Reasons I'm not switching .....

I have good solid service
    Lowest talk plan with a ton of rollover minutes
    Simultaneous voice & data
    Swappable Sim
    Unlimited Data Plan (grandfathered in)
    Most of my friends and family are on ATT which means no loss of minutes when talking to them

It would be stupid for me to switch.

For those who actually have had poor service with ATT, how can someone hate you for going to Verizon? I would too if I had bad service.

19. Olivia23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I don't know why they hate if I leave At&t, but when I was talking about leaving it a while back, that's all I heard about how bad Verizon was, but for me AT&t was bad, not Verizon. I'm not going to bash anyone for choosing another carrier on here, so I don't know why others do. I guess they just like to argue.

20. bearbear macrumors regular

People are insecure with their choices, thus they feel the need to lash out. It's about the phone people, who cares about what carrier you have, especially seeing how coverage/data traffic varies all over the place.

21. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

I don't see any hate. It's nothing more than smartphone enthusiasts expressing their opinions on a public forum. Perfect.

Despite the rabid love of iPhones displayed here, it would be boring & dull if everyone owned an iPhone.

22. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Wrong try again pal.

23. dagored macrumors 65816

I had Verizon for 16 months after the Alltel takeover. Never a problem with Alltel, but once Verizon came in, my Motorola phone would routinely go to voice mail instead of ring.

Verizon could not fix this. Told me if I purchased a new phone ( and another 2 year contract ) it should work. Should, is the operative word here. They would not guarantee it. They always had the attitude that they were doing me a favor buy waiting on me when I entered the store.

Have been with AT&T since the roll out of iP4. Not a problem, and rollover minutes are a lock for me.

I'm waiting to see the price list for service for the new Verizon iPhone.

24. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77

I dont like verizon becasue When I had them my bill was never the same every month ( while i was always under the min and data on my plan) they have too many extra fee's and there custumer support is not that great.

I have had none of these problem with AT&T and have not had any reception problems.