Why the White iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by IGotuBagged, Sep 12, 2011.

1. IGotuBagged macrumors member

I think it's safe to say that most people prefer the black iPad over the White, so why is it that in almost every advertisement companies choose to go with the white iPad?

2. ghett0tech macrumors member

it's just all personal preference. i personally despise the black iPad for no specific reason. it all boils down to what YOU wanna buy... that simple

3. codyrodgers92 macrumors newbie

Personally...

I have an iPad that is white, and all of my family members, minus 1, so the other 8 (siblings, parents, grandparents) all have white as well. I also see, a majority of the time, when going to Starbucks, walking down the road, etc. white iPad's. I believe they are much cleaner looking as well as cleaner in day-to-day functionality. I can use a black iPad and have fingerprints and just a gross look all over the bezel after only an hour; but with my white iPad - I can use it for weeks and never have it look dirty.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Link?

5. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Not sure what the relative popularity of the two versions is, but I strongly suspect that Apple's ads and their product placement in the media trends toward the white version because it's instantly recognizable as an iPad and not another brand.

6. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

The black iPad helps hide "that time of the month", but other then that white is the better choice.

7. ruvil macrumors regular

I think it's more safe to say that most people prefer the white one.

8. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Had the white one and returned it for a black one.

The black one runs much faster too:):D

9. palpatine macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

i like black. other people like white. i'm just glad we have a choice.

10. musika macrumors 65816

musika

You're kidding, yes?

11. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

When I was standing in line on release day, I knew that I would be getting the black one. I had no desire for the white one. I admit that when I got to the front of the line and saw the white one, it didn't look so bad. I still got the black one, but I might consider the white iPhone5 when I can upgrade next winter.

12. kart macrumors member

white looks so much nicer, especially with a blue Smart Cover....:D

13. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Yes! totally agree.
    ------

The white will attract more posers and people looking for something different on top of people who just prefer the white.

White hides the smudges better, but doesn't frame the screen as well especially if you are watching movies on it.

I'd also guess that white is more popular with the ladies and black with the blokes. And if I had to guess, I'd say the black sells more. I'd be interested to find out the percentages.

14. mncmoore macrumors regular

mncmoore

All I ever see are black iPhones and iPads. I am saving for the white one. But the black is better for watching tv shows and movies. The screen on the white one takes your focus off.

15. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

For some reason the white iPad 2 seems much easier to read on for, it kinda pushes out the colors.

16. NeroAZ macrumors regular

I was originally planing to get a Black 32GB wifi+3G iPad, however, what I was able to find was a White 64GB wifi+3G. so I bought what I could find. similarly when I bought my wifes iPad all we could find was a White 64GB wifi, when she wanted Black 32GB wifi.

so we ended up with 2 White 64GB iPads, one wifi only and one wifi+3G.

we're both happy with what we have. and even when I look at Target when i'm there I usually only see White iPad's so maybe Black is more popular since all I see available is White.

17. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

If you like the white version, get it.
    If you like the black version, get it.

Personnal preference, simple as that really, I went for the white and I'm glad I did, wonderful device, the coulour isn't a big deal when you think about it ;)

18. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

Well, people are black & white, why iPads shouldn't be?

19. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

We're at about 50/50 in our store as far as sales go.

20. marc11 macrumors 68000

People come in more colors than iPads....

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

White iPads are good for people who don't want a big iPhone. :D

22. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

it is personal preferance. For me I prefer the white iPad. Apple is just trying to appeal to more tastes. Might I add that steve Jobs as been seen sporting a white iPhone :D http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=iphon.../File:Steve_Jobs_Headshot_2010-CROP.jpg&docid

23. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

well, then you have yellow and red race, and that's about it. I bet there will be iPad product RED™ available someday :)

24. pchan0 macrumors regular

pchan0

A screen film would fix that, been using a SGP ultra optics on my BLACK iPad 2. I love the black classy look.