Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmann

macrumors 604
I have a job. I can get my iPad delivered there instead of home. No need to be condescending. There are ways, you just refuse to use them.

----------

If you have to wait for a paycheck, maybe you shouldn't be spending that money in an iPad.

You shouldn't be so quick to make an assumption. I sold my previous iPad and only needed a few hundred more dollars. But thanks for your unwarranted life advice.

I'm not "pay-check-to-paycheck" but that doesn't mean I have enough money left over for an iPad purchase.

kaydot

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
... because I couldn't bear to wait 2-3 weeks for it to be available again, and I'm never gonna line up.

It's actually this statement that mystifies me. I totally understand the desire, as I too, have preordered a device. (First time ever!)

But to not be able to "bear to wait 2-3 weeks" is where it falls apart for me. The device is great, yeah, but life goes on. I've lived without an iPad this long, I can wait three more weeks or three more months. Basically, unless my quality of life severely suffers from owning it, I can wait. And like others, I'm not going to line up.

On the other hand, lining up for stuff is incredibly fun. And if that's what you're going for, then I understand that, too.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
I would think twice about having FedEx or UPS leave a high dollar item at my door. Its not uncommon for theives to follow the drivers around and steal packages left at someones door.

i just told all fedex to hold all my packages at the closest pickup location. problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.