Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
Looks like you set this up to be honest. It doesn't show an iPhone falling 10 feet onto concrete and surviving.

Edit: This is the only reason you've posted on the forum. Some sort of nonsense going on here. I don't doubt that freak falls happen where electronics survive, I've seen it myself with glasses bouncing along kitchen tiles, but this is dodgy.

you gotta be kidding me, "wait hold on let me do that to my phone again so I can record it"

hotnts

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2009
It's funny how people are quick to chime in and say it's fake on positive threads like this but if somebody posts saying something os wrong with their phone and Steve jobs owes them money then everybody is quick to jump aboard the hate train with no question of the validity of the complaint. I swear this forum has never been so bad until this large influx of newbies started posting. My guess is that half the complainers don't even own an iPhone.

+1

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
You know why his wife's phone was able to survive a 10ft drop vs the guy in the bathroom or the other guy in the kitchen 3ft drop? Because she was holding it right. Women always pay more attention to detail than us men!

Silverado

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Glad nothing happened to your wives phone, although I'm sure the guy who's phone took a 3 foot dive off his kitchen table and had his phone shatter to pieces doesn't wanna hear it. All in all, I don't personaly think this phone is as strong as my old 3GS was.

My first generation iPhone fell 3 feet to a concrete floor and the glass shattered. Yes, I was very upset and I complained bitterly and to no avail. I later bought a 3G and bought a very good case for it.

Sooo, what's new about the iPhone 4? Of course the glass could shatter. People should take their chances with the beautiful phone or buy a good case.

People are just out to get Apple because it's very successful. It's just like they used to (and still) go after Microsoft's every move with or without justification. It's how the world is.

Cambot

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2010
I think you faked those pics in photoshop just to get attention. Pics of you NOT using photoshop or it didn't happen. :p

That cracked me up.
We also need it stamped by a notary public and we need the traffic feeds proving your car was where you...

Anyways, I'm glad the phone is ok! I myself have dropped it twice from 2-3 feet on to hardwood and it has survived without a scratch.

Both times I freaked out, courtesy of MacRumors.

pflau

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
That chip is actually expected. The thing about sapphire crystal is that while they are very resistant to scratches, they are easily chipped. I wear a Rolex and I chipped the crystal once just by banging the edge of the crystal against the wall of a swimming pool.

The thing about crystal on Rolex watches is that it is set quite a bit above the bezel as on the iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.