Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Now that Apple has reported it's iPhone sales has slumped and letter of concern to investors over dip in stock, what do you think they are going to do about it? They may be forced to lower cost of current and future Phones to generate the revenue they've been accustom to.

Last edited:

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I doubt it. But can you imagine how mad recent buyers would be?:mad: It does amaze me that Apple didn’t see this slow down in sales coming. But I suppose just in time production has limits.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Now that Apple has reported it's iPhone sales has slumped and letter of concern to investors over dip in stock, what do you think they are going to do about it? They may be forced to lower cost of icurrent and future Phones to generate the revenue they've been accustom to.
Just as soon as Apple is done adding the floppy disk drive back to the iMac G3, the ADC port back to Macintosh graphic cards, the optical drive back to MacBook Airs and the headphone jack back to the iPhone.

Oh. And right after Apple brings back PowerPC chips for Macs.

Only then will there be a 'flash sale'.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
No way on earth they’re going to change the MSRP of the XS, XS Max or XR until September. Even then, I don’t see the price of their flagship phones decreasing - it would be a big FU to the Apple faithful who bought the X and XS at $1,000+.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Well, let's hypothetically say, Apple does nothing, and lets then speculate Apple retains cost of iPhone Xi the same, do you really think this is going to help generate revenue. Apple has to make changes and I really think something will change this September 2019. Let's discuss then....

They'll produce fewer units to start.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Well, let's hypothetically say, Apple does nothing, and lets then speculate Apple retains cost of iPhone Xi the same, do you really think this is going to help generate revenue. Apple has to make changes and I really think something will change this September 2019. Let's discuss then....
Apple may change and Apple may do something, but Apple has a VERY, VERY long way to go before they are in danger of being Sears.

Apple will have to go through at least a decade or more of consistently bad management that strips away the value and resources of the company while pursuing money losing ideas. At the same time they will need to cause their employees to hate them and never want to work for them. They will need to cause those employees to stab their fellow coworkers in the back for gain but at the same time make everyone fear for their jobs.

Just how long do you think Apple will have before it's investors stop all that?

Friggin take a look at Sprint as another example. Merger not withstanding, 12 years after a bad investment, bleeding cash every year and guess what? Sprint is still in business.

Apple is in zero danger of going out of business tomorrow because of one quarter of off-sales. They don't need to nothing.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
A flash sale? Ha Ha! No. That is not the Apple way.

I can see Apple possibly offering a gift card with purchase similar to the back-to-school promotion they run every year.

I can see carriers and retailers offering more enticing incentives to move their own internal stock.

No flash sales though from Apple. Just can’t see that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Now that Apple has reported it's iPhone sales has slumped and letter of concern to investors over dip in stock, what do you think they are going to do about it? They may be forced to lower cost of current and future Phones to generate the revenue they've been accustom to.
It's somewhat unrealistic to expect that earnings would always be more and more and records would continue to be broken all the time. Seems like something like this wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) be all that unexpected.

Reactions: eyoungren

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden

The absolute max you will see is an extension of the currently boosted trade-in prices.

Reactions: davedvdy

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Best Buy did one recently on Apple products, but I couldn't see Apple doing that ever.

Hater

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Apple may change and Apple may do something, but Apple has a VERY, VERY long way to go before they are in danger of being Sears.

Apple will have to go through at least a decade or more of consistently bad management that strips away the value and resources of the company while pursuing money losing ideas. At the same time they will need to cause their employees to hate them and never want to work for them. They will need to cause those employees to stab their fellow coworkers in the back for gain but at the same time make everyone fear for their jobs.

Just how long do you think Apple will have before it's investors stop all that?

Friggin take a look at Sprint as another example. Merger not withstanding, 12 years after a bad investment, bleeding cash every year and guess what? Sprint is still in business.

Apple is in zero danger of going out of business tomorrow because of one quarter of off-sales. They don't need to nothing.

Nokia, Motorola, BlackBerry...

Reactions: iClone
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.