Will Best Buy have the new Macbook on the 10th?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by djamish, Apr 6, 2015.

1. djamish macrumors newbie

I want to get the new Macbook on the 10th but trying to figure out if best buy will have it so I can use the movers coupon.

I called my store and the CSR had no idea a new model was coming out so I was wondering if anyone here knows.

Thanks!

2. newellj macrumors 601

I don't think anyone here knows, and if they do they probably can't say. :eek: My plan is to go to a mall that has an Apple Store and a Best Buy and see what's available at both. Other than that, Best Buy will probably update their online catalog on the 10th so you may be able to figure out whether any local BB stores have have the rMB in stock.

3. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

You have to give them the model number or talk to an Apple rep in store if they have one as BB employees are usually clueless about new MacBook releases. We have an Apple rep I have known for years at the BB I go to, they will have it on the 10th.

4. newellj macrumors 601

Great report - thank you. (I think it would have been surprising if Best Buy didn't get them on the 10th, but I can think of several reasons I wouldn't have taken that for granted.)

5. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Well, the BB I go to will have them. I don't know about all the other ones though.

6. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

7. newellj macrumors 601

Fair enough. My plan is still what it is. The puzzler will be what to do if the BB has a 1.1/256 and takes the 10% coupon, and the Apple Store in the same location has a 1.3/256 CTO in stock. I would be lucky to have the choice... ;)

8. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

The Apple store carries those? I thought the 1.3 was BTO only?

9. djamish thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies everyone!

What is the price point looking like for the 1.3/256?

10. newellj macrumors 601

No one will know until Friday. Guesses are $100, $150 and $200.

----------

With previous models, Apple has shipped some CTO configurations to the retail stores. I don't know if they will do that this time, and if they do I don't know whether the color(s) they ship will match my preferences. Lots of unknowns here.

11. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

12. djamish thread starter macrumors newbie

A lot of people have been able to use them on the Air and Pro so i'm assuming its valid for the macbook

13. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Well, yes. I've seen some "back and worth" on here in regards to it. Many so "no issue" but some say they are told no. My point was for those that are told "no", instead of saying "well I heard it applies" (general statement anyone can say) - show them that page. They can't really argue it.

14. unibility macrumors 6502

If the Apple laptop is on sale or priced match then the coupon is not valid. I tried. #

15. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

What's your point? It's not on sale (or even FOR sale yet). Full priced MacBook qualifies.

16. blackoutRF macrumors member

Except it clearly states this one the first line (which applies to Apple products): Excludes Unilateral Minimum Resale Price (UMRP) products

17. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Agreed. In the bay area here none of the stores will take it for this reasons, but I've heard of many in middle-America saying their stores do....

18. newellj macrumors 601

If it works, it works...if not, not... ;) I'd like to say "what are you going to do, sue them?" but I've read posts that come very close to that. :rolleyes:

19. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Here's to hoping they do. My plan is to use this coupon as well. I tried the coupon online on the updated rMBP and it worked so should work for the rMP as well.

20. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah, people feel entitled to force their interpretations on the coupons, or try to strong-arm companies into promotions offered. A company has the right to refuse service to anyone. If Best Buy says you can't use it, you can't. Best Buy is like AT&T though, if you get a bad rep, hang up, and call back and you'll likely get a different answer. Same with Best Buy, I'm sure if one store won't let you use the coupon, if you drive to the next store they just might... but then it comes down to how much is your time\effort worth.

21. vanimal, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015

vanimal macrumors 6502a

Spoke to the guy today back in the small Apple Store area. He said hopefully he's not sure if a Apple representative will be there to have one on display. So you might have to buy blind. I don't see how they don't know, being they would have them in the back by now I would think? These aren't like the iPhone to keep on the hush due to high demand. Who knows maybe the Apple guy will drop them off there that morning.:rolleyes:

22. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Ive got two BBs right near each other. I'll try one, but not sure if I'll try another.

Depends on my thrift/lazy ratio for that day is.

23. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah, can't hurt to try, all they can do is say no.

----------

That's what I've said in other threads. Apple stores don't know. They find out when their local courier (not Fedex\UPS) drop them off and they open the boxes. It's not like existing SKUs where they know what and how many are coming in days in advance. Best buy usually drop ships them the day before to the stores, with DO NOT OPEN until stickers on them... but they usually don't get stuff till a few days later anyhow.

24. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have seldom found that Best Buy has the latest of anything when first introduced. Even if they do they have the bottom of the line of that model.

25. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Who says Apple products are? I see them on sale all the time. Even the new Airs and new rMBP have already been on sale, I believe. When I got the first rMBP a few years ago - it was on sale at somewhere else immediately, and Best Buy matched it.

And I'm not even saying they aren't - I admittedly like to argue the fact. I had never even heard of "UMRP" before. If MacBooks don't qualify, they should be listed with the other 25 products that don't.