Will new Iphone finally allow one to delete calls individually?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stylinexpat, Jun 8, 2010.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Have they finally found a way to reinovate technology to where a smartphone can finally accomplish a simple task such as deleting a smple call from the call log without having to clear and delete the whole freakin call log/history:confused:

How difficult could be for a company with billons of dollars with cash on had to allow a smartphone user the option of deleting call individually from the call log/history??

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think they worked on that at all.
    Sorry for you.
    If you JB there is hope though.

3. CJayC macrumors 6502

You're either cheating on your wife or you're a daughter who's talking to a guy whose parents don't approve of.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's nothing to do with the iPhone it's the os. So you won't need to upgrade if it's offered as a feature in ios4

5. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Yes, because how much cash on hand the company has is directly correlated to such issues as this.

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Agreed...and to not waste the post, i think it's just because it probably never occurred to Apple. I mean, it's just such a tiny issue...

7. moka macrumors 6502a

this is pointless, i never needed or understood why someone would need to delete a single call off of the call log... Just clear all and get done with it, need a number on the log? keep the log or save that number. :rolleyes:

8. jman240 macrumors 6502a

I cant even think of a reason why you'd want to do this...

Enlighten us....?

Also, no, doesn't seem to be an option in OS4, maybe in 5...

9. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

:D

but in all serous though this would be a good idea. After all its on other phones.

10. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

11. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's a simple feature that is available on all other basic phones. I don't see why it is so difficult to have such a feature on a smartphone:confused:

12. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

We should just delete all of our emails as well right:confused: Why just have the ability to delete one email when we can just delete all of them;)

13. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I would also like to see that feature. I guess you would call it OCD? I am considering the new iPhone 4 irregardless, but my contract date is 5/31/2011, making the 'discounted' price $499 for a 32GB and $399 for the 16GB.:(

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That's a ridiculous statement. I use this feature all the time on my JB phone.

15. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

Simple feature yes....

However, You are definitely cheating on your wife :D What the hell other reason would you need for deleting just a single call from the call log.... Hmmm...sounds fishy! :eek:

16. nlr macrumors 6502

Does it matter if he is? hes right the phone should have it :rolleyes:

17. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    such a ridiculous statement. people have been asking for this for so long, surely you have heard an argument.

I use my recent calls as a sudo-contact list. Meaning, there is a lot less names to go through in the recent contacts than in your full address book. Every single random number that you type or recieve that you know you will never need again, just wastes a limited number of spaces in your recent calls list.

This is particularly true if I was calling some place/person without saving the name to my iphone. It's only been about 3 days, but since then I have had to call a bunch of random places. Now I have lost the number I needed and need to figure out how to get it back.

my point is. It is useful without cheating. you can delete individual texts and text threads... was this feature for tiger woods??

18. paulyras macrumors 6502

I love it when this topic comes up every once in a while.

Typically someone posts it and when everyone points out there is only one reason for one to want to do that, typically the op is nowhere to be found. At least this time the op showed up to argue that it's a basic human right to remove calls one by one (if not to explain why else they might want the feature).

Dude. DL the Skype app if you want to make sketchy calls on the down low or make the contact name 'blocked' or 'unknown caller'. Better, don't put yourself in the situation in the first place.

19. shandyman Suspended

surely the favourites is more relevant for what you do? Lol

20. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Negative. I don't want to put EVERYONE on favorites.... Say I just called my credit card company but they were unable to fix my issue or I was on hold forever so hung up. Say I'm making arrangements to meet up with a friend that I hardly ever see, but I end up needing to make several phone calls to this person to sort things out. Say I am having a party catered and there are a few caterers that I need to call a few times to sort out pricing, food, availability etc, that isn't all worked out on one phone call.

It is handy for your "recent favorites" list. To keep your activities that you have been doing recently all in one location. (I mean technically that is what it is there for) Can you imagine if you could NEVER delete email? (but you could keep email from a few selected friends in a separate folder) You wouldn't be able to get rid of the unnecessary junk email and it would just clutter up the information that you really wanted to see. Now pretend that your email account could only hold 40 emails and when you received that any they started disappearing in a First In First Out type manner...

Yes i know that if you save the contact to your phone you won't actually "lose" it per se, but when you have 300 contacts it is a lot easier to go to your recent list. But if you have random numbers that you don't need anymore the number u r looking for will disappear more quickly.

plus i think recents needs to be reworked anyway. I'm not particularly satisfied with it

21. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

What is the difference between text messages,emails and calls? Why can emails and text messages be deleted individually and not calls then:confused:
    You can come up with a bunch of cheating reasons or excuses and this is not the point. Do people not receive text message or emails then..?

I feel that this is a basic feature that pretty much all other basic phones and smartphones have so why does Apple not have this feature on their Iphones:confused:

22. Odid macrumors regular

i like how the OP doesn't deny having an affair.

23. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

LMAO! It's funny now that you pointed that out. :D

24. elistan macrumors 6502a

Submit a bug report on Apple's website. (Posting about it here won't accomplish anything besides a, umm... lively... "conversation." :) ) The bug report might not accomplish anything either, but at least Apple will have an official record of it, and somebody there will look at it and at least give it a few seconds though.