iPad Will NOT buy iPad 5 if it has iOS 7 on it

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MattMJB0188, Oct 21, 2013.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Anyone else in my shoes? Was looking so forward to the new iPad launch, until it hit me, they're gonna have iOS 7 preinstalled on it. I refuse to upgrade my iPad 3 to iOS 7. I like my new iPhone 5S, but hate iOS 7 on it. After using it for a month, yes a month, I loathe it. I wish Apple would sell the iPad 5 with an iOS 6 option, like how its pictured in mockups.

Wishful thinking.

2. Shuri macrumors 6502

You could change the title to "Will NOT buy iPad 5" Period, because that's whats going to happen.

I don't see Apple returning to iOS 6 look, since so many people like the new one.

3. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Move along, nothing to see here.

*Sound of crickets...*

4. SusanK macrumors 68000

I planned to purchase iPad 5 on Black Friday as a holiday gift from me to me. Apple on Black Friday has been a tradition with me.

I don't think I will make that purchase. I know it will run iOS 7 as that is the current OS.

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Nope.

They're too small.

6. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Yes, many people like, and MANY people don't. But now, for those of us who need hardware, are forced to use it. Absolutely ridiculous.

7. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Wow. You gave Apple your ATM card and PIN? Big mistake.:rolleyes:

You know, you could always just buy a second-hand iPad that hasn't been upgraded. Plenty on ebay.

(and call your bank :) )

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

so you made a thread about something that can't be done, great.

9. Xeyad macrumors 6502

So looks like you won't be getting the iPad 5 then :p

To be honest, I've been testing iOS 7 since beta 1, and I can say it's really great on the iPhone. I have on my 4S right now, and some of the stuff is really great. Control Center is very useful, multitasking is a huge plus, and overall the new design is a nice change on the iPhone.

However, I can't say the same on the iPad. Still lacks optimization for the big screen, so much wasted spaces, folders only show 9 apps per icon which is ridiculous on an 8 or 10inch screen, bugs and lags even on a 4th gen iPad, and the multitouch gestures feel awkward now. That's why I'm still rocking iOS 6 on my main iPad :) I will update it becomes more refined and takes better advantage of the bigger screen, which hopefully is iOS 7.1 or wait till iOS 8.

10. robertpetry macrumors 6502

robertpetry

Well, it is too bad you don't like iOS 7. There were bound to be a few who didn't. That always happens. But why is it "absolutely ridiculous" for Apple to sell hardware with only their latest OS on it? That is what everyone does. Your expectations are "absolutiely ridiculous" if you think anyone would sell hardware with outdated OS....Oh wait, you like Android. Now I see. Pretty much the only hardware you can buy has an outdate OS on it....

:p

11. mtj111 macrumors member

Are you one of those people who starts a petition to "bring the old facebook back" every time they have a design change? Never going to happen.

Anyway, iOS7 is the exact same thing as iOS6, just with more functionality and less skeuomorphisms.

12. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Extra credit for tantalizing the OP :)

13. Brittany246, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013

Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

I'm not a huge fan of iOS 7 as far as the looks, but I think the extra features make up for it. The wallpaper you're using also can make iOS 7 look better. When iOS 7 was announced in June, I was seriously considering not getting the next gen iPad, but then I realized that I'll mostly be using it for apps, and it will probably be better than any other tablet out there. I've gotten used to it, and I'm still not 100% happy with it, but I can tolerate it. It beats getting another android tablet.

14. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

New thread ideas:

• I'm not buying the iPad 5 if it has a screen on it
    • No OS X on iPad = No Buy
    • When will Apple give the ability to dual-boot Windows 8.1 on iPad?
    • Holding out for 55" iPad

15. Brian Y macrumors 68040

We get the same moaners for EVERY update. There's always something wrong.

The vast majority either like iOS 7, or don't care. Nobody is forcing you to use either iOS 7, or buy an iPad. Don't like it? Vote with your wallet. I doubt Apple is going to care.

I think iOS 7 is the best mobile OS i've ever used.

16. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

How I look when someone makes a ridiculous statement revolving around iOS 7

Attached Files:

17. Macalway, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  18. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Than it hit you ? Everyone knew a month ago with iOS7 would be on the iPad. Where have you been ?

I bet you will buy one after the event. :D Or, you just don't have the money for one and want to bring up a dumb reason not to. ;)

iOS 7 today and next year iOS 8 will probably be just a small update to iOS 7.
    Than what are you going to do. Rant again.

Lighter, smaller, faster, better camera, possible Finger ID.

19. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

looks like your not getting an iPad 5. on the bright side you save money.
    i will enjoy mine for the both of us:apple:

20. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

did I miss a memo or something? What's wrong with iOS7 to where you don't want to use it at all?

Is this a bandwagon complaint, or you just genuinely don't like it? And if the latter, what are your gripes that would justify your sizeable rant?

21. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You will be able to buy inexpensive iPad4s after the new one is released, but I predict you will buy the new one.

22. MattMJB0188, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013

MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

IOS 7 feels like crap. And can all you people stop recommending the iPad 4? As I mentioned above, and since people don't like to read... I want the latest hardware with iOS6, not 7.

The animations are crap, the icons are crap, the colors are crap, and performance seems the same as iOS 6. And this is using an iPhone 5S.

23. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Lots of people want things they have no reason to expect, like a pony or an iPad 5 with iOS6.

24. Patriot24, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013

Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

You are entitled to your opinion regarding iOS 7. However, expecting new hardware to be released without the latest software makes little sense.

You need to change your expectation or look to other manufacturers for your needs.

25. aristobrat macrumors G5

How does this game work, because I'm pretty sure I've seen HUNDREDS of posts from people last year/earlier this year making the same damn point about iOS 6?

They were posting about "being forced" to use an aged, static, "same design since 2007" OS called iOS 6, and weren't going to buy anything from Apple ever never again unless Apple made a big update.

If you don't like iOS 7, take your money elsewhere. That's the only thing that will Apple's attention.

But the sad fact seems to be that most people venting here will never do that.

Who's the "fanboy" then?