Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aj2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hello,
Now I've used Mac OS X machines since I was around 11. Yes I understand that may show my age but oh well :rolleyes:. Now as much as I love the new Macs I just can't begin to like Leopard. Snow Leopard isn't going to change my feelings either. I much prefer the older more "Aqua" look that Apple was going with. The new look is way too industrialized to me. Maybe professional is a better word but I just don't like it. Does anyone know if Apple is going to stay with this current look or go back to the nicer looking "Aqua" look? I know that Aqua is the GUI name but I'm referring to the blue apple, etc. I want to be the first person to say I love Apple. Some may even call me a fanboy but OS X Leopard just isn't for me.
:apple:

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
I like the new interface. I think it's very modern. The "aqua" interface was a bit too "toy-like" for me.

Then again, my first mac had System 7 (this was before the term "Mac OS" was invented) ;)

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
No? I think those are the same steps I did.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    551.7 KB · Views: 608

acxz

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2007
Yeah, restart and it will work. If not then you've done something wrong.

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
I must admit, you're one of the few people who genuinely preferred the look of 10.0-.3 over the look of 10.5+.

I don't count 10.4 because it was a horrible mix of both styles.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
I must admit, you're one of the few people who genuinely preferred the look of 10.0-.3 over the look of 10.5+.

I don't count 10.4 because it was a horrible mix of both styles.

10.3 and 10.4 are pretty much the same GUI wise.
I personally still like the pinstripes, 10.2 style. :cool:

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
OS X needs to have an industrialized look in order to fit better in an enterprise world. Leopard fits the bill quite well although I do wish the aqua scroll bars would go away without using haxies.

mckyvlle

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2007
London, UK
I use Graphite, so I am leaning towards Illuminous ;)

Wouldn't it be nice if Apple updated the Appearance Prefpane to include Aqua Pinstripes for the candy coloured Aqua, Illuminous for the matte crowd, while keeping Blue and Graphite for the current Mac OS X look.

Frozonecold

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2005
NorCal
I'll pass, thanks. I love the look of leopard with the iTunes scroll bars. It's so clean and professional looking.
I concur; it is almost beautiful. I really hope Apple decides to change that in Snow Leopard. Unfortunately they are not concentrating on Aesthetics. ....Although I believe Steve said that they were polishing Leopard.

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
one day we'll get back to this

one day ..

i LOVE the look of jaguar. I remember seeing OS X for the first time, and it blew me away. I prefer the pinstripes and candy drops to matte gray and black, but the new features added since 10.2 just make up for the less enticing GUI.

applefan69

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2007
polishing the GUI counts as polishing leopard... so who knows Snow leopard could have a much improved look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.