Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
It won't be easier to use one-handed, especially if you have to carry something else in your other hand (while shopping, at the airport, etc.).

If anything, some people will return it due to impracticality of the size especially if they didn't anticipate it.

Yeah they returned iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s too... But I think it wont be anything out of the norm.

easyfame

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2014
Agree, I am so looking forward to read people's experience with the 6+ the first week. I predict massive returns, with the 6 being the preferred choice. We shall see.

my prediction as well. Most of the people here have never owned a big screen phone before.

Henke

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
1st it was there will be no large iphone....then not many will want the plus.now it's no1 will like it.

This will be strike 3, you're out.;)

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
A lot of iPhone users wanted a bigger screen size, and now Apple released the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I'm pretty sure people will keep their 6 Plus iPhones.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
There will also be lots of returned 6's when people see how amazing the 6 Plus is and when they realize the guts of the Plus make it the flagship iPhone. ;)

I COMPLETELY understand that many people simply don't want a device that large, BUT they need to concede the flagship iPhone (as far as tech and options) is the 6 Plus. It's simply a bit better.

:apple:

So your saying Galaxy Note is the flagship Samsung device?

I think you will find its the S5.

its amazing that before the iphone 6 people were mocking the very large phones from other companies, once apple launched theirs, its the best thing ever. We are a tad hypocritical as Apple fan eh.....

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Size and portability, the ability to carry it in a pant pocket and not in-hand.

Apparently my pockets are deeper than most anyone else. I borrowed a friend's Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to see what Android was like and I had zero problems fitting it in my pants.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Yeah they returned iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s too... But I think it wont be anything out of the norm.

I think it will be because many, many members here who originally wanted the 4.7 opted for the 5.5 once they learned of the better specs on the latter, especially if they didn't do their research and made cut-outs to get an idea of what the bigger size is like. We're already getting a flurry of threads from members who changed their minds after preordering.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Well since I have a 5.1 inch phone, .4 inch won't make a huge difference to having a 5.5 inch iPhone 6+

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
A lot of iPhone users wanted a bigger screen size, and now Apple released the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I'm pretty sure people will keep their 6 Plus iPhones.

Lots of users pre-ordered in the heat of the moment.

The point being here is that, once they see it in real life, some users may realise that the 5.5 is too large.

I ordered a 5.5 Plus, though I admit that judgement day will be this friday when I see one is store. If it really is too big, Im cancelling.

There are some Apple users that always buy the highest spec no matter what. Though this time , there is a question of practicality.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
So your saying Galaxy Note is the flagship Samsung device?

I think you will find its the S5.

its amazing that before the iphone 6 people were mocking the very large phones from other companies, once apple launched theirs, its the best thing ever. We are a tad hypocritical as Apple fan eh.....

I'm simply saying the 6 Plus has better specs, period. OIS, battery, perhaps RAM, etc, etc. It's the flagship.

I'm not putting down people who want the 6 at all. It's a fantastic phone and I completely understand the large size is not for everyone. I bought both a 6 and a 6 Plus. Just saying, size aside, the 6 Plus is a SLIGHTLY better device.

:apple:

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
What a sad statement it is that people are practically salivating over the idea of other iPhone buyers being dissatisfied with their purchase. This need to feel like you have the "best" phone is kind of a sad statement about the status of your ego. I have some bad news for you: the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus is not the "best" phone on the market; it doesn't have the best screen, the best camera, the best size/weight ratio...if you're basing your self-worth on how "awesome" your phone is compared to someone else's, then you're starting off at a disadvantage.

----------

I'm simply saying the 6 Plus has better specs, period. OIS, battery, perhaps RAM, etc, etc. It's the flagship.

By that logic, only the 128GB 6 Plus is the "flagship". Bask in my glory, mortals.

Liisa01

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
NC
I for one will not be returning my 6+. I always stare at my DH note 3 with screen envy!

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
I predict a massive amount of iPhone 6 returns once they get to handle the 6+ and get screen envy. They'll be rushing to upgrade to a 6+ and there won't be stock. Then they'll come to MacRumors and complain about the injustice of it all.

Yes, I predict this.

Totally agree.

legioxi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
I predict massive returns of both models. It's hard to know which one you want before being able to hold/see them in person.

I'm guessing that I will prefer the 6 based on my distaste for the note's size. I won't be certain until I use my 6.

RayDonovan

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2014
I really don't think so...I was in the tmobile store today and played around with the (note 2?) can't remeber but the screen was 5.5. It wasn't too bad at all. I kind of likes it. This is coming from somebody that currently has the 4s. Looked nice.

I was playing with an LG G3im store yesterday which is 5.5" and it was a great size.

Except the difference is the dimensions of the actual phone on the iphone 6+ are way bigger than the G3.

This should be interesting. I don't see myself returning my 6+ though. I was looking to buy an iPad mini but now I don't think I'll need one #

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
it's funny to read all those posts on this forum from people that obviously ordered the 6+ and in every post stress that the 6+ is the flagship phone! did you guys really just get the 6+ so you can say you have the most epensive flagship iphone?? stop being so childish

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Size and portability, the ability to carry it in a pant pocket and not in-hand.

To be fair, the 6+ will fit in pant pockets just fine (unless you wear really tight jeans). The bigger issues would be whether you can deal with the extra bulk and not wanting to change how you've always handled the iPhone in the past (i.e., the ease of using it single-handedly in situations where your other hand is occupied such as during shopping, at the airport, while driving, etc.).

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
it's funny to read all those posts on this forum from people that obviously ordered the 6+ and in every post stress that the 6+ is the flagship phone! did you guys really just get the 6+ so you can say you have the most epensive flagship iphone?? stop being so childish

A bunch of guys measuring inches...it's a tale as old as time. Not much you can do about it.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota

Unfortunately, some people are like that. Quite a few here were going to get the 4.7 model until they learned of the better specs on the 5.5.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida

"I have the biggest, baddest iPhone Apple makes...."

Yeah it has a certain ring to it.

And of course, it's gotta be 128GB and black. Grey and silver? Pfffft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.