iPhone 8(+) Will you be purchasing the new iPhone 8/8+ in PRODUCT(Red)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FranciscoJM, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Superhappytree, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018

Superhappytree macrumors 6502a

Superhappytree

I know it’s just a colour, but what I’m excited about is the fact that Apple finally gave us a colour with a black front other than grey/black on the back! And an attractive red colour at that. This is the first time they’ve done this. I got pretty bored with the same “space grey” and “black” options every single time whilst the white fronts got all the glory with the more attractive coloured backs. I understand they did colours with the 5C but I don’t count that phone. What’s interesting now is there will no longer be white fronts seeing as the X is all black on the front, and all iPhones from here on out will be adopting FaceID so we will now be getting black front/coloured back phones only. Yay!

Edit: I’m kinda disappointed there’s no red iPhone 8 order threads but I understand there really is no need. I’m getting mine within the next 12 hours though, ordered both and returning the size I end up disliking.

2. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

It hard to resist! I do it if Apple had a RED X but given the two choices; I have to think about it alot since I have sell my X and so forth!

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I don’t see Apple ever offering a Red iPhone X. Partly because I think iPhone X will have more exclusive colors (I.e Blush Gold), where they might offer the lower end models with the Product Red. For Example, when the rumored aluminum 6.1 LCD iPhone launches in fall 2018, perhaps sometime in spring 2019, there might be a Product Red 6.1 LCD iPhone X.

4. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

I bought an 8 Plus this morning. It's even more stunning in person. I traded my X for this.

5. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

who caved? :D

lets get some in-the-wild pics!

did you wanna go back to Plus and Red came along too, or red swayed you? interesting

6. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Yeah man! I'm in Chicago for a work trip...I snuck away to head to the Apple Store here just to get it. That's how excited I am :) I'll post pics once I get back home for sure!

Truth be told, I realized I made a mistake for going for the X instead of the 8 Plus once I read more of those "8 Plus vs X" threads. I was on the fence for awhile, but then that gorgeous Red became available so it swayed me :)

7. dubvulture macrumors newbie

dubvulture

When I give my 6S Plus to my wife I will be getting an 8 Plus (RED). Love the black/red combo.

8. JUCJ85 macrumors regular

JUCJ85

If I needed a new iPhone(have a 7+) I would get the PRODUCT (RED) 8+, but I've had my 7+ since Launch, and have till September to have paid off the entire balance via AT&T Next, so I could keep the phone or sell it. Plus I want to wait and see what Apple does in September.

9. osta.doc macrumors member

I’d like to see a medium blue iPhone 8, with a black screen, but it doesn’t seem to be in the works......

The same blue that’s used on the latest iPop.

10. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Do you plan to use a case with it? If so, which case?

Definitely would like to see some "in-the-wild" pics myself!

11. iluvgadgets macrumors regular

I have the red 7+, with a clear case . If the X was in Red I would definitely buy it. Not really interested in the 8, May just wait till September.

12. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

Just bought the 8 in red.

Its STUNNING.

The level of red is unparalleled.

Makes me love my iPhone like never before. So glad I purchased.

13. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

Done....Bk 8+256 for a PR 8+256... wife has it in her lusting little hands ATM.

Was Shocked into buying, by that brilliant black face. OH HAPPY DAY!

14. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502

TheSkywalker77

Nope. I'm sticking with my 6 Plus as I need a headphone jack. :p

15. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Bought 8 plus yesterday, simply stunning looks.

16. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

I got one. 8+ 256GB. It’s a beautiful piece.

17. Elwots macrumors member

You still liking the 8+ over the X? I’m thinking about going and making the same switch today.

18. thecarrot macrumors regular

I got one because I thought I might prefer it over the X. The red color is absolutely amazing, but the phone itself is substantially worse than the X, IMO, and I'll be sticking with my X.

The phone itself is just way too big, is the main thing. It just feels like a huge brick after using the X for the past couple weeks. The screen is worse too (though not by much, especially considering the uniformity/shifting issues with the X). I also strongly prefer Face ID over Touch ID.

19. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

If somebody was using iPhone X and then made the shift to the iPhone 8, there certainly is a notable difference in the screen from an OLED to an LCD display. It would be hard to make that shift unless somebody really preferred LCD. (Even though Apple has some of the best LCD panels in the industry.)

20. blaine07 macrumors 68000

[​IMG]
    Had mine a few days now. Kept my X too, and Note 8... and S8+ ‍♂️

Biggest thing I miss is the swipe functions from X after picking up 8+

21. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Nice. You have the 8 and X, you can switch Sims whenever you please.

22. puma1552 macrumors 601

I mentioned this in another thread but I checked this out at the Apple store yesterday and I was sort of disappointed with the red. While better than the red on the 7, it isn't anywhere as "ferarri red" or whatever as the reviews would have you believe. To me it's still a deeper, muted shade...not the kind of red that makes you put on sunglasses.

23. Jesla macrumors 6502a

Jesla

So it's more Alfa Romeo Red than Ferrari Red, guess that makes it Italian Red.

Works for me.......

24. blaine07 macrumors 68000

The “red” widely varies depending on light. So glad red this time has black front for sure.

25. blaine07 macrumors 68000

I love FaceID but drive about ~1k miles a week. TouchID MUCH easier to deal with for sure. Battery life doesn’t seem to be drastically different from X to 8+ but Meh :shrug: