Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
She's such a beauty!
2aki7pl.jpg

cdames00

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
I couldn’t resist. I just picked up my product red 8 plus from ups this morning. It’s much more stunning in person than the pictures do it justice.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
It hard to resist! I do it if Apple had a RED X but given the two choices; I have to think about it alot since I have sell my X and so forth!

I bought an 8 Plus this morning. It's even more stunning in person. I traded my X for this.

Yeah man! I'm in Chicago for a work trip...I snuck away to head to the Apple Store here just to get it. That's how excited I am :) I'll post pics once I get back home for sure!

Truth be told, I realized I made a mistake for going for the X instead of the 8 Plus once I read more of those "8 Plus vs X" threads. I was on the fence for awhile, but then that gorgeous Red became available so it swayed me :)

Guess red is everyones favorite color.
A red phone at that.

7199423d95cfe3ebfdde8c590c0c94ec.jpg

Had mine a few days now. Kept my X too, and Note 8... and S8+ ‍♂️

Biggest thing I miss is the swipe functions from X after picking up 8+

Still using the s8 & Note 8?

Reactions: blaine07

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Yeah. Haha shouldve had u send them my way.
Guess u just prefer apple more.

Usually every 3rd or so S/Note release I fall back to Android, realize they don’t meet my needs and spend too much time fiddling with em rather than using them lol.

The whole package can show up on your door with the low reserve set on PayPal.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Yeah thats my gripe with the X, not sure i could do a plus again though.

Surely the 8 plus is better? Might take a few more days.

Yeah the 8 plus is definitely a bigger device. Albeit feels more “balanced” in hand than the X, to me ‍♂️ Apple needs to integrate swipe functions from X into all devices, including home button devices.

Yeah, battery life may be better but hard to honestly gauge. If I’m driving I’m plugged in. About to hit the sack and been on and off charger all day and at 46% battery.

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I would only consider the Product Red if it were available in the X and at launch. If I already had the model I wanted, I wouldn't buy it again for another color.

I guess there is no iPhone X in Product Red because the profit margin on the X isn't big enough to give some of it to charity./s

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Since I bought a new iPhone 8+ just a month or so ago, I really couldn't justify getting the red version of this phone now. I probably will spend the $$ on a new laptop.

But other than that, I think the new Product Red version of the phone is near perfect. I like the red with the black front. Only thing I might have added would be the red color circling around the Home Button. Other than that, I think it really looks fantastic.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
I've never liked any phone color other than black or grey / silver. I don't know why, but I am obsessed with the product RED iPhone 8. I am going to Apple after work to check it out in person. I may trade in my X on the spot depending on the value and get a red iPhone 8. The 8 can do everything for me that the X can do. Quite honestly I won't miss Face ID even though I have zero problem with it. Chances are this will be the very last "classic" iPhone made, and the red color w/ black front is just perfect.

Reactions: YaBoiD

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The Product Red iPhone is a great color for the midcycle iPhone and for consumers who have not upgraded yet, it’s a great way for the attraction to at least draw consumers into the store to see it, even if they don’t purchase the Product Red iPhone, they have other options to look at.

Reactions: decafjava and saltd

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The Product Red iPhone is a great color for the midcycle iPhone and for consumers who have not upgraded yet, it’s a great way for the attraction to at least draw consumers into the store to see it, even if they don’t purchase the Product Red iPhone, they have other options to look at.
For sure-very smart from a marketing standpoint. And what better color than crimson red to grab your attention? Very pretty phone...even the box is fun to stare at.

Attachments

• FDF59406-6AC2-4E0F-9635-5913D9EF48F6.jpeg
    FDF59406-6AC2-4E0F-9635-5913D9EF48F6.jpeg
    612.9 KB · Views: 289

JUCJ85

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I would only consider the Product Red if it were available in the X and at launch. If I already had the model I wanted, I wouldn't buy it again for another color.

I guess there is no iPhone X in Product Red because the profit margin on the X isn't big enough to give some of it to charity./s
Same here on releasing at release date of the new iPhones, if Apple would release the PRODUCT RED at launch I'd buy one if I was upgrading, still on my 7+, waiting to see what Apple does in September, but it's annoying when they release a new color(now Red) 6 months into the 8/8+'s cycle.

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Love it. Touch ID, welcome back old friend. I never have any problems with Face ID. But after using it for awhile and now trying Touch ID again, it is superior (for me). Really missed the 7 / 8 form factor as well and have my 10 up for sale. Nothing like wasting time at work setting up a new iPhone!

Red.jpg

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I know it’s just a colour, but what I’m excited about is the fact that Apple finally gave us a colour with a black front other than grey/black on the back! And an attractive red colour at that. This is the first time they’ve done this. I got pretty bored with the same “space grey” and “black” options every single time whilst the white fronts got all the glory with the more attractive coloured backs. I understand they did colours with the 5C but I don’t count that phone. What’s interesting now is there will no longer be white fronts seeing as the X is all black on the front, and all iPhones from here on out will be adopting FaceID so we will now be getting black front/coloured back phones only. Yay!

Edit: I’m kinda disappointed there’s no red iPhone 8 order threads but I understand there really is no need. I’m getting mine within the next 12 hours though, ordered both and returning the size I end up disliking.
I didn’t. Because rampant consumerism is cause of this large trade deficit between the USA and China.

J/K!

Apple needs to sell this on launch day or something. Early adopters would love this.

iluvgadgets

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2015
It’s time for my annual upgrade. I have the red iPhone 7+. I love the red phone ,but can’t decide whether I want the red 8+ or the X.

The new Red is beautiful, but so is the X. If the X had been Red too, it would be an easy decision.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
Same here on releasing at release date of the new iPhones, if Apple would release the PRODUCT RED at launch I'd buy one if I was upgrading, still on my 7+, waiting to see what Apple does in September, but it's annoying when they release a new color(now Red) 6 months into the 8/8+'s cycle.

Probably to keep the revenue flowing by releasing that new color way or even for the people that are waiting for it.

Love it. Touch ID, welcome back old friend. I never have any problems with Face ID. But after using it for awhile and now trying Touch ID again, it is superior (for me). Really missed the 7 / 8 form factor as well and have my 10 up for sale. Nothing like wasting time at work setting up a new iPhone!

View attachment 758948

You put the X up for sale?
Guess the new design isnt what it is cracked up to be....

--> Anyhow is read even a masculain color for a phone?

Apple Fritter

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
Sure looks nice, but offering it close to the release of the next iteration makes it an impossible buy for me.

I wonder what held them back offering it right away when it came out, that's whan I buy phones. Not midway through the product cycle. *shrugs*

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
I want this buy where I am buying it from doesn't have any in stock.
I need a new phone ASAP so might get the space grey

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
I’m enjoying it. My 7+ worked, but battery did no last all day and phone reception was not good.

My Red 8+ is at 60% at the end of the day and I have yet to see “No Service “. Very happy. Did I say I like touch ID and the phone is SIM FREE?

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
I’m enjoying it. My 7+ worked, but battery did no last all day and phone reception was not good.

My Red 8+ is at 60% at the end of the day and I have yet to see “No Service “. Very happy. Did I say I like touch ID and the phone is SIM FREE?

Its 830pm and my phone has been going since 8am. #androidLife

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.