Will you buy the next generation 'iPhone 3G PRO'?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skyoong, Apr 1, 2009.

1. skyoong macrumors newbie

Does anyone knows there will be a iphone3g Pro? I’ve heard about it from my friend and found this news from dealsniper.com

More advanced features for new version, e.g. 32GB memory, 0.1 inch slimmer, 3.2 megapixels camera, etc......

I need to buy the 3g for my wife and it stopped me immediately.

Sounds cool! But I don’t know when it will be released, anyone can help?

2. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

Definitely a lot of info, common sense, and speculation out there for you to try.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20)

I'd buy a "Pro" model in a second! I love my iPhone 3G but it desperately needs more RAM. In fact, if that were the only improvement, I'd still buy it! ;)

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20)

God, I really hope not! I have an iPod touch (2G) and an iPhone 3G, and let me tell you, the iPhone is MUCH more comfortable to hold than the iPod. That edge is tapered so much it cuts into your hand like a knife. The iPhone's edge is more rounded and therefore FAR more comfortable.

6. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

do you have baby hands or something?? "like a knife" ?!?!

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Try typing an email on a 2G iPod touch. Then try typing the same email on an iPhone 3G. Now tell me which one cuts into your palm - in a knife-like manner - and which one is comfortable to hold. ;)

8. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

Haha. Hilarious. "Slo of Lirpa" ... "April Fools". Going back to sleep now.

As to the question from the OP...I would definitely get move to a new iPhone as I'm the 1G version and I refused to upgrade until I saw a 32GB version with video support (preferably from a *forward* facing camera for video chat).

:D

--DotComCTO

9. dwcasey macrumors member

I got rid of my iPhone 3g because of size and weight. If they can trim that back, I'll get a new one.

10. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

There's NOT going to be an iPhone pro. This is all some huge rumor based on a BAD speculation article. The lady used the words "high-end iPhone" and "low-end iPhone" to describe models. In other words, the "high-end" 32GB model and the "low-end" 16GB model, or maybe some craptastic phone made for "emerging" markets. The problem with the low-end speculation is she said it would be a special phone that ran on 3G, not WiFi. The writer has little clue what she is talking about, yet it seems everybody on here took it and ran with it.

If anything, you're going to see 2 or 3 iPhone storage models and then maybe a larger tablet device. This whole "iPhone Pro" idea is the dumbest idea on the planet considering the main drawback to most buyers is price. How the F is a more-expensive iPhone going to help Apple make money??

12. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

If it adds a decent amount of features I would

ChrisN

13. Andruw91 macrumors regular

I'm going to buy my first iphone no matter what come June/July. Hopefully it will be a 32gb one:D

14. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

I would if there was a small (i.e. physical size) version. Damn it I really want one but I just find them too big! Grrr. Also II) if the phone was reasonable price on £20 a month contract UK. Both things are essentially improbable so, No, I won't buy one. :(

15. cmcbridejr macrumors 6502a

cmcbridejr

Are you serious? Is this an April Fools?

16. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Unless they offer 64-128 GB, a better lens, and give me a pony :rolleyes:, I'm going to wait to upgrade.
    Seriously, 32 GB is not enough storage space. I want to carry my library with me.

17. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I am so hoping for 32Gigs. But any hardware improvement, I'll prolly get...

18. diemos macrumors 6502

I'd get it in a second, I love my 2.5G phone, I am desperately waiting for new one, please just highere rez screen with at least 1 background apps possibility, so i can listen to damn shoutcast or pandora while checking email. PLEASE!

19. takenthesmeg macrumors member

The idea of a 'Pro' and 'Standard' version makes sense as has been discussed in other threads. This gives Apple a way to keep on selling last season's 'Pro' hardware repackaged and at a cheaper price. It also allows them to compete with second hand sales of older models. Then again, that doesn't guarantee Apple will do it...this year anyway.

Personally my next iPhone purchase will be July 2010. My current 3G + 3.0 should do me until then. By that stage I expect to be buying the 'Pro' Model. Which will likely be iPhone V2.1.

20. randomusername macrumors 6502

You know that is just a rumor, right? Just because you heard it from a friend it doesn't mean it's true.

21. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Will you buy the next generation 'iPhone 3G Pro'?

Yes.

22. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

I bought the 1rst gen iPhone when it came out and then gave it to my wife when 3G came out. Since we still don't have 3G up at the house it's been fine for her. LOL If the Pro comes out we will do the shuffle again if it's worth it.:D

23. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I couldn't have said it better myself

I know this is macrumors.com but its freaking annoying when people think that unconfirmed rumors are facts