Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
I've been debating this one for a while, and it's something that I feel strongly about. I'm thinking I will because I don't want someone touching my brand new phone right after they finished eating a cheese burger/scratching themselves. I can't be alone on this right?

are you ever going to move out of your moms basement?

:apple:

hkfan24

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
I've been debating this one for a while, and it's something that I feel strongly about. I'm thinking I will because I don't want someone touching my brand new phone right after they finished eating a cheese burger/scratching themselves. I can't be alone on this right?

Face palm. Man you are on a roll today!

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
LOL. I confess that I made my daughter wipe her hands before I let her hold my newly unboxed phone. In my defense, she was in the middle of sautéing shrimp in olive oil and garlic.

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
If one values their health & can resist living in denial, it's best to think of it as your personal device never to be shared.

Hep C can easily be deposited on your phone via touch or invisible moisture expelled during normal breathing. Once you've contracted it, you've got it for life.

Say or think what you want.

I only post this because I care.

Learn to say no nicely, & never let anyone near your phone.

(my best friend is responsible for infection control at one of the most prestigious hospitals in the US, threats...besides Hep C, are becoming unstoppable & incurable.)

If your friend in infection control believes Hep C is transmissible by breathing or touching your phone, they are in the wrong job. Hep C is a blood borne pathogen. If someone bleeds on your phone, that's a different story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.