Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpwhitey

Mar 8, 2012
Yes absolutely I will buy an iPad mini the day it is released, and list my iPad 3 16Gb on eBay the very same day. :)

TurnTronics

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for all the feedback! Looks like it's pretty close, but seems more people are in favor of purchasing the new iPad. I certainly hope the price point is attractive. That would make consumer's decisions a whole lot easier!

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
I am eagerly awaiting the release of the 7.85" iPad and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are. The current models are already extremely portable and lightweight, so I am interested to see how many others feel the same way.

Will you purchase the smaller iPad, or are you already happy enough with the current model?

no. a smaller ipad would be crappy as hell to use. if anything, the ipad needs to be larger.

will not buy.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Yes, I'll get one.

I love ~7" form factor tablets for casual browsing and games, etc. Much easier to hold, carry, stow.

If the price is a lot lower than the bigger iPad, I can also easily see buying quite a few as Christmas presents, especially for kids.

QuiteSharp

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2012
Yes, I will be getting an iPad mini on day one. I already have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 3rd gen but would like to have the smaller iPad when commuting by train. The iPhone has always felt too small for surfing and reading e-books for a longer period of time while the current iPad is too bulky to carry along to work.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I've owned every version of the iPad but don't really see the need for a 7" iPad. Sure it's more portable, but I haven't had any portability issues with the current iPad.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
If no higher than $249.00 will purchase 2. It will not be in competition with the Nexus. It will be a new small tablet segment. Different shape, feel, look. It will be "Magical". :apple:

Last edited:

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Yes, if it's $250, or less; and I will keep my iPad 2

This is going to be a very popular combination, IMO. :apple:

----------

I've owned every version of the iPad but don't really see the need for a 7" iPad. Sure it's more portable, but I haven't had any portability issues with the current iPad.

DO NOT underestimate the power of the purse. This will fit nicely in a medium size. Plus, it will be ULTRA light. :apple:

Booji

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2011
Tokyo
I was going to get a Nexus 7 but now it looks like the Mini will become a reality I'll wait for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.