Will you return your iPhone 4 if apple doesn't recall?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DSchwartz88, Jul 15, 2010.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

I know I will be. I have been a die hard apple fan for years now, but im not gonna stick with a company that says "deal with it".

Now for me the signal issue is actually an issue, I dont get great signal in my NYC apartment as is, so having even less signal when holding it isn't an option. As much as I wanna stay on the iPhone I cant, and I really dont wanna downgrade back to the 3GS so to android I go.

Don't get me wrong, im depressed as hell about the move, but I just cant stick by a company (the iDevice part of it at least) that refuses to admit there is a real design flaw.

This thread is about me actually wondering how many people feel that same way, so if all your going to do is say "good riddance, we didnt want you anyways" save it because its really not useful.

DISCLAIMER: While I am angry about the iPhone, I still believe Mac OS X and the computers that run it, kick the pants off any Windows machine, so while ill be switching phone OS's I will never been switching computer OS's

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

3. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

4. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Hell no! It's amazing! The death grip is so hard to reproduce, I think it's kinda ridiculous that people are making such a big deal. You have to hold it soo tightly and soo awkwardly...

6. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Possibly. What new features will it have?

Reception reliability you say? Pfft.

7. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You clearly do not understand the issue that some phones have a major problem with this. I just started a thread showing pictures of how I lose all five bars when I grab it and my hand is touching the side. It loses its signal far too easily.

8. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Simple fix, return the phone and get one that meets your needs

9. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

You can't imagine brand loyalty. Since the first, I've had them all. I've owned other "top-notch" phones as well, and I didn't like them. The Android Market has far too few GOOD applications. Palm Pre's alright, but the OS needs a lot of work.

10. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

If the phone is unusable for you, return it. Has nothing to do with brand loyalty

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Same here. I’d only return it if I started having problems, which is what I’ve done with any iPhone I had (headphone jack issue - returned, no wifi -returned).

12. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I have had far too many calls dropped when, not thinking, I shift the way I'm holding the phone to the bottom half.....causing, well, you know.

Yeah....if they don't announce a recall (which I'm expecting they won't), I'll be taking mine back to the AT&T store over the next few days. Really stinks too because I really want to like it. But when your phone sucks at being a phone the rest of the bells and whistles tend to take a back seat (at least to me). Guess I'll take a look at the upcoming Blackberry 9800.

13. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Good luck with the return

14. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

It pains me also but I may have to return it too. My signal in my apartment has been going downhill lately in addition to all this. Now I'm dropping more calls and having proximity sensor issues.

I hate how tempting it is because Verizon has awesome service here :(

15. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

If your problems are confined like that you'd probably benefit from a Microcell.

16. poot1234 macrumors member

Nope, flawless phone here. Got the second batch and can't replicate the loss of signal even with the death grip

17. Mshilling macrumors regular

Already done. Best decision I ever made. Not dropping calls is not supposed to be a feature but it is one my new phone has!

18. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

They can have my iP4 when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

19. BadMoon macrumors 6502

You are the very essence of what a forum fanboy is. Your comments are so enlightening and informative. Congrats on being a douche. We salute you!

20. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

No, because no other phone will meet my expectations even with this phones reception issue.

21. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Nope. Spent an hour with the Droid X tonight. Couldn't wait to go back to my iPhone.

22. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

23. vlug macrumors 6502

Already took mine back, if Apple produce a fix or recall I will re-purchase.

24. pitt1717 macrumors 6502