Will you sell your iPad 3 for iPad mini ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GeorgieAcevedo, Oct 1, 2012.

1. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I am most definitely planning to do this. I love my iPad 3 but then I don't. It's too heavy and takes too long to charge.

Anyone else selling if the rumored iPad mini becomes reality ?

2. plucky duck macrumors 6502

I may get the mini down the road to compliment the current iPad, but it won't be replacing it.

3. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

If it wont compromise browsing/reading books compared to the new iPad i will definitely go for it. But if iPad 4 will be lighter and thinner then i will return to the 10" intch. :cool:

4. Philalbe macrumors 6502

That was my plan as well, then I got impatient and preordered a 5th gen iPod touch :p I'll see how the touch meets my needs. I may still end up selling my iPad 3 for a mini.

5. iSimx macrumors 6502

iSimx

Nope, I'm very happy with my iPad 2 and don't intend to replace it as of yet. Anyway I like the current size of the screen and if I want smaller, I'll just use my iPhone.

6. sectime macrumors 6502a

I sold my iPad LTE last week, just for the mini. I have a Nexus 7 short review: Hate the OS love the form factor. If the mini doesn't have what I want I'll pick up a referb Ipad from Apple.

7. rexboe macrumors regular

rexboe

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

When the iPad was first released, people raved about how thin, light and portable it is. In the era of 7 inch tablets however, you'd think some of us were burdened with a sack of rocks when carrying it. :)

If the 7 inch iPad comes with a retina screen and an LTE option I'd be interested, but rumor has it that it won't have those features.

9. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

10. richard371 macrumors 68000

An ipad mini in my opinion would be too redundant of the iPhone 5. If it won't fit in my pocket then it wont make much difference over the full size ipad. I would not mind the ipad 3 with the A6 though. My 3 feels slow compared to the iPhone 5 now.

11. Jon H macrumors newbie

No way! I love my iPad 3. Downsizing makes no sense as I just upgraded to the iPhone 5.

12. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I think my iPad 2 and iPhone 5 are the perfect combo. With the increased screen size in the iPhone 5 I don't think it would make sense for me to buy a smaller iPad.

13. sparayno1 macrumors newbie

I plan on doing it because the 3 is just to large for my needs. I would really be stoked if they included the A6 processor because the A5X just feels so slow after using the iphone 5 lately.

14. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

15. CapnJackGig macrumors 6502a

Sold mine 3 months after buying it. Terrible size, terrible performance, terrible price. Will have to wait and see the specs and performance of the mini before I decide to buy one.

16. pear21 macrumors 6502

pear21

The Ipad 3 is an excellent product and I like the larger screen, infact I wouldnt mind an Ipad XL! make them movies even bigger!

17. jimHdk macrumors regular

18. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Terrible performance...? Wtf:confused:

19. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I bought the new iPad for Retina Display but have been using less lately because it's not meant to be portable. I can't take it to LA Fitness or I have to go back to my Coupe and put it away after doing Cardio.

Don't get me wrong the iPad is amazing around the house and in the car, I will keep until the new(er) iPad comes out.

I will also get the Mini for portability. I don't get why so many hate the idea of a 7" Tablet. It's perfect and sold my BlackBerry PlayBook way too early.

20. appswipe macrumors 6502

I definitely want a smaller ipad but an IPad 3 to Mini would likely be a downgrade. For me though, I'm going from an iPad 2 and I'm definitely going to switch.

21. GeorgieAcevedo thread starter macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Weird you feel like that. After using my iPhone 5 I feel a mini iPad would do me just right. Also with the longer screen ratio I seem to be liking better than the squared iPad. My iPhone 5 has spoiled me and made me want the iPad mini even more..

22. big samm macrumors 65816

No way!! Ill keep the ipad 4G in the house and the mini on me when I'm out and about!